New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items - Page 41

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

i like snow in love its my no.1 fragrance but its not great in a large jar imo maybe the one i have is a dud. its better in tarts or even a votive. the large jars are quite an investment if its not what you love

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    They have just arrived, and are very cold. But my first cold sniff impression is..
    Apricot Rose. Reasonably strong and I can smell apricot. I thought it was just the colour of the rose on the label.
    Rainbow Cookie. I was worried about cakey vanilla issues but in fact it smells more tangy lemon than anything.
    Sweet Nothings. It is sweet; perfumed floral but no one flower comes to mind. I thought of sweet pea at first but not now and it has some depth.

I shall have to get A calm and Quiet Place elsewhere. Temptation Gifts are out of stock at the moment.

Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post
    Likes boffy , AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    They have just arrived, and are very cold. But my first cold sniff impression is..
    Apricot Rose. Reasonably strong and I can smell apricot. I thought it was just the colour of the rose on the label.
    Rainbow Cookie. I was worried about cakey vanilla issues but in fact it smells more tangy lemon than anything.
    Sweet Nothings. It is sweet; perfumed floral but no one flower comes to mind. I thought of sweet pea at first but not now and it has some depth.

I shall have to get A calm and Quiet Place elsewhere. Temptation Gifts are out of stock at the moment.

I smelt these in my local Boots and think I agree with your assessments, Mazza. Look forward to hearing how they smell when they burn and what the throw is like. Obviously this will have to be someone else's comments because you burn yours in purchase order?

Quite surprised that my Boots actually has newer Yankees now, not just the old Vanilla Lime, Black Cherry, Vanilla Cupcake and Black Coconut they only ever seemed to have for years. They didn't have the Calm & Quiet Place either. Anyway, I quite liked them but not enough to buy - none of them wowed me, they're just rather pleasant IMO.
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been to Boots again and they do have the Calm & Quiet Place - it's one of the powdery ones which are hit and miss for me. I'm not keen on this at all but I think it's the jasmine, which I tend to dislike in anything.

Also, tried Apricot Rose again and can't smell any rose whatsoever. Could be my cold nose! It's definitely just a soft apricot to me.

I'm so relieved I won't be adding to the ridiculous stash any more - till the next new releases!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a rose thing, that it doesn't mix well with fruits! I can't smell any rose in the MB Rhubarb and Rose either.

And sorry, but Boots!!!!! Boots sell YC!!!!??? Not in my DHS they flaming well don't. (Further outbreak of irritation now.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Maybe it's a rose thing, that it doesn't mix well with fruits! I can't smell any rose in the MB Rhubarb and Rose either.

And sorry, but Boots!!!!! Boots sell YC!!!!??? Not in my DHS they flaming well don't. (Further outbreak of irritation now.)
    they have sold them for years the bigger ones that is

Post Thanks / Like

Yankee Candle Large Jar Trio Auto-Delivery

Auto-Delivery Yankee Candle Enjoy the Simple Things Set of 3 Large Jars
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.708388

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    Yankee Candle Large Jar Trio Auto-Delivery

Auto-Delivery Yankee Candle Enjoy the Simple Things Set of 3 Large Jars
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.708388
    Q description & video is different from picture .. so confusing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Still Game View Post
    Q description & video is different from picture .. so confusing
    not really

2nd drop contains

coconut splash
    tropical jungle
    Misty Mountains

3rd drop is

Sun-kissed Thistle
    Poached Pear Flambe
    Enchanted Moon
    Thanks Still Game, Tarketta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    not really

2nd drop contains

coconut splash
    tropical jungle
    Misty Mountains

3rd drop is

Sun-kissed Thistle
    Poached Pear Flambe
    Enchanted Moon
    Curses, I LOVE the sound of all 3 drops and it took all my willpower to resist the first drop, gaaaaahhhhh
    Likes AndiK liked this post