New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
New QVC UK Yankee Item

Yankee Candle Set of 10 Your Favourite Small Jars
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706568

That's not a bad offer, even including the usual extortionate postage (approx £4.40 each). They hardly do any small (or medium) jars on QVC, do they? A pity there's nothing new in there or I'd be tempted. I guess they know it's what people want though and good for presents if you know someone loves a particular scent.

Well given that the RRP is £8.99, for anyone who likes small jars that is an excellent buy. Even if you ignore Vanilla Cupcake which is far too sickly for me! I know Black Cherry is a big favourite but I never get much of a hit from it, but I think that is just down to one's own sense of smell. Some sets criticised on Q for that, mainly fresh ones, I can smell quite well. But if I bothered with small jars (and given the stash of large jars is overrunning the flat, I won't be any time soon) that would be a great set of eight and I COULD GIFT the other two!!!!! :mysmilie_19:

Now what I want is the set of the latest UK Autumn large jars........ Any sign of those I wonder?

My WJ AD is still awaiting stock, by the way. :sad:

:mysmilie_59:

Well given that the RRP is £8.99, for anyone who likes small jars that is an excellent buy. Even if you ignore Vanilla Cupcake which is far too sickly for me! I know Black Cherry is a big favourite but I never get much of a hit from it, but I think that is just down to one's own sense of smell. Some sets criticised on Q for that, mainly fresh ones, I can smell quite well. But if I bothered with small jars (and given the stash of large jars is overrunning the flat, I won't be any time soon) that would be a great set of eight and I COULD GIFT the other two!!!!! :mysmilie_19:

Now what I want is the set of the latest UK Autumn large jars........ Any sign of those I wonder?

I must admit I'm wavering, despite being in the same situation as you, drowning in an overstock of Yankee jars. I find it hard to resist such bargains but I must remember that just because it's a bargain, it doesn't mean I need it.

Which Autumn ones are you yearning for?

I really feel for you re the WJ AD - I sense your anxiety! Did you say you have called them?

I must admit I'm wavering, despite being in the same situation as you, drowning in an overstock of Yankee jars. I find it hard to resist such bargains but I must remember that just because it's a bargain, it doesn't mean I need it.

Which Autumn ones are you yearning for?

I really feel for you re the WJ AD - I sense your anxiety! Did you say you have called them?
I am yearning for Ebony &Oak, Honey Clementine, Autumn Nights and, going against my usual stance on foodie ones but hoping it will be quite tart, Rhubarb Crumble.

Have chased re WJ some days ago and they reckoned an ETA of around 04/10. I hope they come, but am not exactly desperate for more stock!!!!

I am yearning for Ebony &Oak, Honey Clementine, Autumn Nights and, going against my usual stance on foodie ones but hoping it will be quite tart, Rhubarb Crumble.

Have chased re WJ some days ago and they reckoned an ETA of around 04/10. I hope they come, but am not exactly desperate for more stock!!!!

Ah, those ones, yes. I've sniffed the Ebony & Oak and Rhubarb Crumble (both in my local Clinton's and department store - neither has a massive range, mostly the old favourites plus occasional brand new ones). I'm not sure I'd describe the Rhubarb Crumble as tart but it's not sugary sweet either. It's my sort of thing but I do like the foodie ones so I realise that is probably not a recommendation for you.

It is mainly the cakey vanilla I don't like, or super creamy, like vanilla cupcake. I do like cinnamon and things like Tarte tatin and pain au raisin. I shall give the rhubarb one a whirl.... I do happen to like rhubarb!!

I don't generally like foodie scents (fruity is normally as foodie as I can go), but liked the Rhubarb Crumble enough to buy the votive. Haven't burnt it yet, so will report back when I have! Didn't like Ebony & Oak in the shop, but bought Honey Clementine and Autumn Nights, both of which were lovely. The Honey Clementine could have done with being a bit stronger, but it was only a votive. I find the votives an inexpensive way of finding out whether I like a fragrance, before committing to the large jars.

I am being similarly overrun by my Lola Rose collection, so can empathise with your storage difficulties. It must be so lovely having a whole selection to choose from, though. Do you tend to burn them one by one, or have several on the go at once and pick and choose according to your mood? Do you go in for fragrance cocktailing (think that's the right term! :grin:) or are you purists?

(PS Feel like Debbie Flint, asking all those questions! Only need to add the "Tweet me now @___" on the end! :grin:)

Last edited:
I burn them in strict chronological order, but varying for seasonal change so no light florals at Xmas etc. I pair them up when I get them as I burn two together. Otherwise I wouldn't know where I was!!

Currently burning Cassis, OK, with Wild Pansies, really nice and strong. A big surprise.

I am being similarly overrun by my Lola Rose collection, so can empathise with your storage difficulties. It must be so lovely having a whole selection to choose from, though. Do you tend to burn them one by one, or have several on the go at once and pick and choose according to your mood? Do you go in for fragrance cocktailing (think that's the right term! :grin:) or are you purists?

(PS Feel like Debbie Flint, asking all those questions! Only need to add the "Tweet me now @___" on the end! :grin:)

It is lovely to have a choice and I love that feeling of going to get a new candle from my stock but boy are they a pain to store, being so heavy and bulky. As I think I was saying on another thread recently, even though I have a list of all my candles in date order, I can never find the older ones to burn first because it's so hard to store them in a way that is as space-saving as possible but also leaves them accessible. The older ones will always be near the bottom unless I unstack the boxes every time to put new ones underneath. I just need to stop buying and use up the ones I have (easier said than done). I think I'm going to have to do as Mazza does and burn more than one at once because I'll never get through them otherwise. I wouldn't know how to begin to pair scents though.

I burn them in strict chronological order, but varying for seasonal change so no light florals at Xmas etc. I pair them up when I get them as I burn two together. Otherwise I wouldn't know where I was!!

Currently burning Cassis, OK, with Wild Pansies, really nice and strong. A big surprise.

Totally agree re the seasonal burning, for some reason, it just doesn't feel right burning them out of season...not sure why really?!

I tend to go with mood and like to have about 6 on the go so I can pick and choose which one I fancy that day, sometimes I want nurturing, foodie smells, other times I want fresh, ozonic smells. This morning I had the Egyptian Cotton WJ burning, but had enough of it by lunchtime and have now cracked open the Stargazer Lily as I fancy a headier smell. It does take commitment though as you obviously need a few hours to get the large jars burning properly and as previously established, I'm obsessed with avoiding them tunnelling ;)

I don't usually burn them in the day unless it is Xmas perhaps. I generally light up at about 5.00 so they get a good burn, and turn the melt warmer on a bit later.

AndiK I know what you mean about storage and losing track! I have mine on the top shelf of my wardrobe in pairs but the surplus stash is in my super duper Lakeland bags so in reverse order!!! I pair them as soon as I get them, so if I get a couple of floral trios I put the ones I think go together from a cold sniff. Anything which doesn't seem to go is put aside until the next lot comes and hopefully it will find a mate then. Given the high volume of traffic coming through, this is not hard.....

I don't usually burn them in the day unless it is Xmas perhaps. I generally light up at about 5.00 so they get a good burn, and turn the melt warmer on a bit later.

AndiK I know what you mean about storage and losing track! I have mine on the top shelf of my wardrobe in pairs but the surplus stash is in my super duper Lakeland bags so in reverse order!!! I pair them as soon as I get them, so if I get a couple of floral trios I put the ones I think go together from a cold sniff. Anything which doesn't seem to go is put aside until the next lot comes and hopefully it will find a mate then. Given the high volume of traffic coming through, this is not hard.....

You are SO organised - I love it! I really must have a think about those Lakeland bags to see if that storage method would work for me.

Maybe I need to be brave and give the pairing thing a go based on instinct.

Like you, I rarely burn during the day as I'm likely to be in and out. But come 6.00-7.00pm, I am lighting up and then they stay lit for a good 4-6 hours as I don't go to bed very early.

Rosa always says that they are designed to burn together, even apparently weird combos are said to work. I regard the sorting out and pairing up of my candles, plus the spreadsheet, as pukka household chores, just as important as doing the laundry. I would say housework but I can't be ar@@d and have a cleaner! Obviously that has been on hold during the new kitchen process so I have had to do it, and shampoo the carpets etc so what a flaming nightmare that has been!!!!!! :giggle:

Has anyone tried the (new?) Yankee Home Inspirations range, which I assume replaces the Simply Home range? I was in Sainsbury's today and they have the jars with 25% off (large jars reduced from £15.00 to £11.25). Some of the scents are lovely but not particularly strong cold.

Has anyone tried the (new?) Yankee Home Inspirations range, which I assume replaces the Simply Home range? I was in Sainsbury's today and they have the jars with 25% off (large jars reduced from £15.00 to £11.25). Some of the scents are lovely but not particularly strong cold.

they have been made with even less fragrance oils than the simply home ones were so are very very expensive for what will be a very tiny smell if any at all now

but didint think sainsburys sold them as its usually tesco & asda here

Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/yankee-candles.event?icid=home_trade_slot1

ASDA

http://direct.asda.com/george/home-...ult,sc.html?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Yankee Candle

they have been made with even less fragrance oils than the simply home ones were so are very very expensive for what will be a very tiny smell if any at all now

but didint think sainsburys sold them as its usually tesco & asda here

Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/yankee-candles.event?icid=home_trade_slot1

ASDA

http://direct.asda.com/george/home-...ult,sc.html?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Yankee Candle

Interesting. I confess I bought the Cherry Vanilla so I'll report back when I've tried it. And you're right, it's the first time I've seen any Yankees in Sainsbury's.

Interesting. I confess I bought the Cherry Vanilla so I'll report back when I've tried it. And you're right, it's the first time I've seen any Yankees in Sainsbury's.

i cant remember the stats my friend told me about how much fragrance oils less these have & that but its deffo less than the previous incaration of simply home ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back