New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a beautiful set last November for my nephew's girlfriend. It was from Just My Look and cost £30.95 delivered. It was in a lovely box. Very similar to the 28 piece Festive Selection, but it only had the one box of t - lights and also had 3 votives. So, please have a look around there are some bargains to be had. :) Mazza I love Red Apple Wreath as well. Although Christmas Eve is my favourite.

I would love to buy some more Yankee candles or melts, particularly in the lead up to the festive season, but the last 4 or 5 large jar candles i had lit recently have been very disappointing, they only seem to smell until halfway down and then the scent is non existent, I always use a shade or illuma lid, and don't have a particularly big house/rooms so not sure why, I am loathe to buy anymore.

I like the melts best Letz be. I have a lovely YC melt warmer with owls in a tree with their christmas hats and scarves on with presents at the bottom. It comes out every year, along with Red Apple Wreath and Christmas Eve tarts. I loved Eggnog but they stopped doing it. :( I still have a couple in my stash, but am not using them knowing I can't get any more. Not so keen on the jars, they just don't smell strong enough for me.

I would love to buy some more Yankee candles or melts, particularly in the lead up to the festive season, but the last 4 or 5 large jar candles i had lit recently have been very disappointing, they only seem to smell until halfway down and then the scent is non existent, I always use a shade or illuma lid, and don't have a particularly big house/rooms so not sure why, I am loathe to buy anymore.
I think they now vary a lot, and I also think it depends on your sense of smell. To use my constant refrain about Black Cherry.. people complain it is too strong but I can barely smell it at all. I usually have to use a melt these days to get the full effect, which used to be in a candle on its own, although I must say I am currently burning Mediterranean Breeze and was amazed by how strong it is. But that says it all doesn’t it? I was amazed that it was strong, 😂😂.

I like the melts best Letz be. I have a lovely YC melt warmer with owls in a tree with their christmas hats and scarves on with presents at the bottom. It comes out every year, along with Red Apple Wreath and Christmas Eve tarts. I loved Eggnog but they stopped doing it. :( I still have a couple in my stash, but am not using them knowing I can't get any more. Not so keen on the jars, they just don't smell strong enough for

I think they now vary a lot, and I also think it depends on your sense of smell. To use my constant refrain about Black Cherry.. people complain it is too strong but I can barely smell it at all. I usually have to use a melt these days to get the full effect, which used to be in a candle on its own, although I must say I am currently burning Mediterranean Breeze and was amazed by how strong it is. But that says it all doesn’t it? I was amazed that it was strong, 😂😂.
The funny thing us, I have a very good sense of smell, but perhaps it's me, I went to a friend's house the other night and she had a small melt burning away, in a large hallway and the smell it gave off was lovely but quite strong, it was yankee one, yet I can light a large candle in a average to small size room and can barely smell it

Yankee Candle New Items

Yankee Candle 28 Piece Ultimate Festive Assorted Collection

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Cosy Cabin Large Jars

Yankee Candle Set of 2 Festive Baking Large Jars

Yankee Candle 16 Piece Your Favourites Collection

Can anyone recommend good quality candles with strong fragrance and no smoke. I have been disappointed in yankee for a while now
Yankees vary a lot some smell strong some don't some smoke more than others. Do you trim your wick every time you light your candle that usually helps. if you want candles that are well scented You could try Harry Slatkin or Neom these are usually plant based wax. Harry Slatkin are usually strong but they can smoke a lot and the burn times are poor. But they usually are strong.

Yankees vary a lot some smell strong some don't some smoke more than others. Do you trim your wick every time you light your candle that usually helps. if you want candles that are well scented You could try Harry Slatkin or Neom these are usually plant based wax. Harry Slatkin are usually strong but they can smoke a lot and the burn times are poor. But they usually are strong.
Thanks Boffy, I do trim the wicks, I think I will buy neom, quite pricey but you get what you pay for☺

I use the cubes from Asda in my melt warmer and they are strong. Two last a couple of days and as they are only a couple of pounds for 6 (or it might be 8 cubes) they are good value. For those that always read the ingredients they may not be for you.

I've had Goose Creek candles and they were quite good. I never buy Yankee jars, only the votives and melt them down. The tealights are worse than useless - I burned a whole box of 8 at the same time and I could barely smell anything.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back