"Bids Normal Price" new dodgy sales tactic ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Oh hello, seems like we have a new sales trick, "Shop at Bids normal price" appears above the price now, they seem made up to me, where do they get these normal prices from ? and when were they sold at normal price ?

Looks like they have made prices up

Oh hello, seems like we have a new sales trick, "Shop at Bids normal price" appears above the price now, they seem made up to me, where do they get these normal prices from ? and when were they sold at normal price ?

Looks like they have made prices up

It does seem odd but I fancy they are not breaking any rules, it puts me in mind of supermarket offers and their ludicrous claims about price reductions.

Maybe they were sold for 5 minutes on the website at the 'usual' price :mysmilie_59:

Yup Bid are up to their old rip-off tricks again. Nasty shopping network.

Also these "reduced" prices seem to go back up once a presnters shift has finished. Ps i don't recall ever seeing these items at the higher prices they claim they normally are they're not breaking a law i don't think but are treading a tiny line just about getting away with it the shystere

Monochrome Beaded Bib Necklace. Bid's Normal Price £90. Selling at £12.99.

No description of metals and other munerals/gems used in this product. Noway is this worth £90 at it's 'original' price.

This is Bid going back to it's worst bs again. Rip off city.

No description of metals and other munerals/gems used in this product. Noway is this worth £90 at it's 'original' price.

I have to say that when I saw the 'normal price' of some of that Swarovski Elements jewellery it did make me raise an eyebrow.

But don't forget that Sit-Up have a very strange idea regarding normal prices. If they buy something for £100 they think it's fine to pay just £1 for it. :mysmilie_59:

I saw that presentation this morning, the product was horrible. It was clearly a cheap "costume jewellery" type of product probably worth about £15 although I wouldn't pay 10p for it. Saying the normal price is £90 is just a total rip off.

I saw that presentation this morning, the product was horrible. It was clearly a cheap "costume jewellery" type of product probably worth about £15 although I wouldn't pay 10p for it. Saying the normal price is £90 is just a total rip off.

I think that's a typo did you mean its worth 15p?

Have seen a few " Normal Bid price " come up on screen , I don't ever remember seeing any item sell for £10 , £20 ,£50 , £100, etc , it has always been £9.99 , 19.99 , 49,99 , £99.99 . Save 14.01, £25.01 , £55,01 etc on Bid's normal price is the new trick .

That is a disgrace. Surely they can't be allowed legally to get away with that. The quicker they do go bust the better.

make no bones about it... they will go bust in the not so distant future :wink:

They were on the verge of recouping themselves but with the meddling of the new 'management' they've slipped back into their old ways.
With the abomination of what is Price Drop I have in no doubt that their sales have nosedived.

The balloon is slowly turning into one of lead origin :mysmilie_47:

So they've placed the products for sale at a ridiculously high price, named their "normal price" on their website, just so they're not lying in their live TV auctions when displaying that "Normal Price" graphic?

So they've placed the products for sale at a ridiculously high price, named their "normal price" on their website, just so they're not lying in their live TV auctions when displaying that "Normal Price" graphic?

It would appear so.

But then Bid TV have a long history of benefitting from ridiculously high prices on various third party websites to make their own prices look good.

This company are shysters to the core, it's in their DNA. They'll never change until the inevitable happens and they close down.

Latest posts

Back