So where will the presenters reappear?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I won't miss them either! They were appalling, some worse than others. I always felt they were 'in the back' having a laugh at the mugs that believed their spiel! I always imagined the worst offenders saying 'did you hear me say xxx!! And they fell for it' :mysmilie_15: they've paid the price for their behaviour in my opinion.

It's true! I've been here only a short time but I've laughed out loud at the posts on here! So funny and so true! I feel sad in a way, if this gets closed down, I'll miss you all......when something outrageous happened/was said, I couldn't wait to see your responses on here! And, no, I'm not someone with no life outside of this forum, far from it, but I enjoy the laughs on here and in a way, it's almost like I know you! There was nothing like Bid tv, a train wreck right here in your own living room! How they managed to get such a shower together under one roof, I'll never know but I'm glad they did, they provided endless amusement, in a toe-curling, buttock-clenching, can-only-watch-behind-a-cushion, jaw-dropping kinda way! The worst shopping channel on TV.......thanks for the memories! X

I came to this forum relatively late too, but many's the time I've been cheered up and honked with laughter at the posts on here. Just when you thought the channel couldn't sink any lower, they'd come up with something even more outrageous...the nadir was definitely the relaunch of Price Drop. I would love to have been at the meeting when Evers came up with the idea of cavorting round the studio with a blue tea-cosy on his nut barking "Wey...wey...wey !" after successful auctions....Sure Paul, that sounds like a brilliant idea ! :mysmilie_59:

I came to this forum relatively late too, but many's the time I've been cheered up and honked with laughter at the posts on here. Just when you thought the channel couldn't sink any lower, they'd come up with something even more outrageous...the nadir was definitely the relaunch of Price Drop. I would love to have been at the meeting when Evers came up with the idea of cavorting round the studio with a blue tea-cosy on his nut barking "Wey...wey...wey !" after successful auctions....Sure Paul, that sounds like a brilliant idea ! :mysmilie_59:

Lol!! I know!! Can you imagine the meeting??

Guy standing in front beside the flip chart: 'guys!! Let me throw this idea in the ring. We relaunch PD right? We sell the same old, same old *rolls eyes* but here's where it gets interesting!! We show the mugs....sorry, customers...the product, they like it, they try to buy it, we carry on with it 'yea, it's great, buy one, give the other one as a gift, buy it for your mother, sister, niece, aunt, best friend, neighbour, cousin, sister-in-law, we saw it in Argos for £xx, you'll get loads of compliments, I have something similar that cost three times as much, you know, blah, blah, blah.....and then, and you're not going to believe this guys, WE TELL THEM, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WERE INTERESTED!!!! We can't lose!!!'

With a brilliant business model like that, I must admit, I'm stumped it didn't work :mysmilie_506:

Apparently Mike has an incredible business plan and will be having the last laugh.

It involves him scraping the grease from his sweaty bald head and bottling it for use as an industrial lubricant.

I hear Mike is going solo and launching a new venture for him to add to his ever growing CV.....

Mad Mikes Monster Loans.....if you will, How does it work I hear you ask.............I give you a £100 loan and you give me back £45,555 back in 28 days! This excellent deal is only applicable for people over 70 years of age, this deal will not last forever.....24 hour special after that the pay back rate goes to the usual £84,000! Get on those phones as you wont ever see another bargain like this guys!! Can I just tell you a story guys if you will.............................NO YOU CANNOT!!!

i can't see it being long till we get a clone of bid back on our screens probably owned by the family of the current owners same presenters etc but until then i will be sitting in a darkened room with channel 23 on listening to the music rocking back and forth :)

i can't see it being long till we get a clone of bid back on our screens probably owned by the family of the current owners same presenters etc but until then i will be sitting in a darkened room with channel 23 on listening to the music rocking back and forth :)

That wouldn't surprise me really but sadly I suspect it would suffer exactly the same fate.

I wonder if they'll get gigs with other shopping telly channels. There can't be much available there though plus the ex-Bid branding might be viewed as toxic.
Most of the presenters had pretensions towards legitimate broadcasting and entertainment but I think they'll be down to earth with a bump.Most likely they'll find themselves in other sales and demonstrating jobs-a daunting prospect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see James Russell turn up on one of the Jewellery channels.

Out of the rest, I think Mark Ryes (and possibly Steve MacDonald) could transition to QVC or Ideal World although there really doesn't appear to be any spaces on those channels and a lot of the presenters (especially with Ideal World) have been there for years and don't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see Peter Sherlock as 'fragrance' expert making an appearance every now and again somewhere, and the same with Eilidh in a fashion and beauty role (something she's done in the past).

As for the others? Mason, Simon, Jacks, Lindsay, Evers, Brash, Portelli, Mani, Gobb nah forget about it.

I see Peter Sherlock making the occasional appearance as a Steam Mop Expert on channels such as Retail TV or maybe even JML Direct.

And i'm hoping Paul Hetherington finds opportunities at Ideal World, I feel he'd be well suited to Zhuzh!, especially when they're having a giveaway.

Just lifted this quote from Digital Spy - Sorry to poster for the steal.

"If you ever see Peter Simon on Bid TV he seems to think he is an entertainer rather than the salesperson he is.

Cringe just doesn't do him justice. He fools nobody with his performance and over effusive banter. He really could make a fresh steaming turd seem like a tasty chocolate log!

How Bid TV and Price Drop TV continue to remain viable just defeats me. They just must be on borrowed time".
Couldn't have said it better myself.:mysmilie_59:

I wouldn't be shocked if The Dirty Peter and Gollum believe that if they'd been allowed to carry on with the appalling monologues, lackie arse kissing shaht ahhts and stomach churning love cuddles then all would have been well.

In fact I wouldn't be too surprised if Madina posts to that effect on his now rather pointless facebook fan page (i'm assuming he's a 'Legendary TV Presenter' in the same way that the long defunct Ford Capri is considered by some to be a Legendary Motor Car).

I wouldn't be shocked if The Dirty Peter and Gollum believe that if they'd been allowed to carry on with the appalling monologues, shaht ahhts and stomach churning love cuddles then all would have been well.

In fact I wouldn't be too surprised if Medina Tupper posts to that effect on his now rather pointless facebook fan page (i'm assuming he's a 'Legendary TV Presenter' in the same way that the long defunct Ford Capri is considered by some to be a Legendary Motor Car).

I must submit that I take execption to above Capriest comment Miss Wirral.

As I am an avid TV fan of crime fighting, Ford Capri driving, CI5 legends 'Dobie and Boyle' - stars of the legendary show 'The Professionals.'

But if you had cited the 'Hillman imp' motor car I would have readilly concurred.

That is all.

I must submit that I take execption to above Capriest comment Miss Wirral.

As I am an avid TV fan of crime fighting, Ford Capri driving, CI5 legends 'Dobie and Boyle' - stars of the legendary show 'The Professionals.'

But if you had cited the 'Hillman imp' motor car I would have readilly concurred.

That is all.

Maybe Gollum is more Austin Allegro than Ford Capri.

But eitherway all 3 have been discontinued :mysmilie_59:

Maybe Gollum is more Austin Allegro than Ford Capri.

But eitherway all 3 have been discontinued :mysmilie_59:

Just like Bid TV.

Anyway, I hear Mikeyboy is now feverishly sourcing a beat up yellow Robin Reliant, to use in upcoming Suffolk bootsales to shift his luuuuvley 'lifelike'
meerkat solar powered bird bath ornaments.

Just like Bid TV.

Anyway, I hear Mikeyboy is now feverishly sourcing a beat up yellow Robin Reliant, to use in upcoming Suffolk bootsales to shift his luuuuvley 'lifelike'
meerkat solar powered bird bath ornaments.

Ahh, now that news has filled me with joy.

It's times like these that one's entrepreneurial capabilities must come to the fore. His Landlady surely ain't gonna hang on for her keep for too long :mysmilie_59:

James Russell: Burger van outside QVC or I.W. Hoping to get noticed.

Peter Shylock: Avon lady

Sally Jaxx: Bingo caller, no need for a mike

Mike M, Selling out of a suitcase in Oxford St. His 'Goddess' as the look out

Peter Simon... What the heck can this fool do? He is only 66 (born in 1948) but acts as if he's in his 70's

If you live in the London area don't be too surprised if you open your front door only to find Far Mani stood there with the opening line 'When did you last change your energy supplier'.

Gollum would make a fine TV Licence snoop, he knows all about aerials.

James Russell: Burger van outside QVC or I.W. Hoping to get noticed.

Peter Shylock: Avon lady

Sally Jaxx: Bingo caller, no need for a mike

Mike M, Selling out of a suitcase in Oxford St. His 'Goddess' as the look out

Peter Simon... What the heck can this fool do? He is only 66 (born in 1948) but acts as if he's in his 70's

Lol!!!! Avon lady!!!!

My sister in law thinks Avon will be a bit too up market for him after what he is used to knocking out. His stuff is not so much £50 and ounce, more 30p a quart

I bet he's got a stinking 20 Gallon barrel of reeking stench bubbling away on his balcony as I type :mysmilie_19:

But I tend to agree with yout Sister-in-Law. If he's thinking of moving into door to door sales might I respectfully suggest he sets his sights a little lower?

Betterware is perfect. In fact they sell similar, overpriced tatt to the rubbish he's used to shilling. He should find it a breeze :mysmilie_59:

https://www.betterware.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back