Before we disappear - Last thoughts - What's your bid experience?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I recall it was a disastrous demonstration. But not disastrous enough for them not to repeat it over a few days.

They were so professional weren't they?

There are so many funny TV moments on Youtube - and the comments on this forum are a constant source of much amusement - thank you one and all. :mysmilie_59:

Oh i'm not totally sure I can agree with that Sir. Elisa is a selly telly veteran, she's knows the dance. She was on iBuy with Gollum.

I don't think Our Lease needed too much encouragement to spin a yarn or two, remember the Ghost Auction for Peter's Figurine at Christmas?

Of course you might be right but I rather suspect, just on this occasion, you're being very generous to her Mr T. But she's competent though, no doubt about it.

But Size 12? My arse :mysmilie_59:

made me smile as well,no way was she a 12..was like that stuck up cow Jenny topp saying she was a size 16....like hell you are love(!). a 10/12 at best.Jenny was so full of herself.

There are so many funny TV moments on Youtube - and the comments on this forum are a constant source of much amusement - thank you one and all. :mysmilie_59:

It has been great fun, infuriating at times but on the whole a good laugh.

But I think we all kind of knew that our little show was coming to an end although I have to say, personally, I didn't think it would happen quite so abruptly.:mysmilie_59:

Ah well, all good things have to come to an end.

made me smile as well,no way was she a 12..was like that stuck up cow Jenny topp saying she was a size 16....like hell you are love(!). a 10/12 at best.Jenny was so full of herself.

Never liked JT at all - she morphed herself into insignificance. Her style was just awful - I think she found her level in the end. How anyone could absolutely love this or that was beyond me. Each item was more rubbish than the last but she absolutely loved it. Nice one JT See ya - wouldn't wanna be ya.:mysmilie_17:

Never liked JT at all - she morphed herself into insignificance. Her style was just awful - I think she found her level in the end. How anyone could absolutely love this or that was beyond me. Each item was more rubbish than the last but she absolutely loved it. Nice one JT See ya - wouldn't wanna be ya.:mysmilie_17:

I wonder who she's now going to bore rigid about her wedding in May?

At least there'll probably be a Sit-Up reunion for that. That's if they can still remember who eachother are :mysmilie_59:

Lets all go back to the time just around Christmas 2013 when MM graciously explained to us all exactly what steam is. You Sir are a true Star. Then earlier last year, who could forget the legendary Bass / paper reflex test? Classic, and yet, mind numbingly crass of him to expect the people watching to be impressed by his boasting "I know great sound". I know a twat when I see and hear one. I hope you end up so far away from a TV studio, that you will need one of those cheapo telescopes to see anyone.

Jenny Topp is likely to be in demand for London Fashion Week............somebody needs to collect the glasses

Can't wait.....hurry back!

Thanks Docswife its taking longer than I expected as its probably going to be the largest of the posts to have ever appeared on here, I'm trying to do it in a Peter Simon style as 1 big final farewell and also include many of the names they have sold over the years that some on here who are veterans like me will think oh yes I remember those. I'm also going through the archives to see items I got that were good and ones that were bad. I've already said many times we had hundreds of things over the 10 years its bringing back some memories and as I look around the room they are sat looking at me all around and a special mention to the 2 peter figurines and the gemstone globes that I raved about back in the day. On the whole the items sold in the past were good and of good quality its only recently over the last 2 to 3 years that products became from the lower of the end of the spectrums.

I remember Salleh saying something had been seen on the catwalk at 'Burnley fashion week!!!!!!' At least that's what it sounded like to me. Think it was actually Berlin fashion week.......

I bought lots of ebay fodder - halogen oven, omlette maker and a mini cooker with a spit roast that only chickens who'd starved to death would fit on.

On the plus side I bought a cheap Christin Lars watch that looks good and keeps time very well and several sets of wash balls that do God only knows how many washes and save me a fortune in powder (or that's what Paul Becque told me).

The presenters drove me mad but I could watch Marina Berry as long as I muted the sound.

Thanks Docswife its taking longer than I expected as its probably going to be the largest of the posts to have ever appeared on here, I'm trying to do it in a Peter Simon style as 1 big final farewell and also include many of the names they have sold over the years that some on here who are veterans like me will think oh yes I remember those. I'm also going through the archives to see items I got that were good and ones that were bad. I've already said many times we had hundreds of things over the 10 years its bringing back some memories and as I look around the room they are sat looking at me all around and a special mention to the 2 peter figurines and the gemstone globes that I raved about back in the day. On the whole the items sold in the past were good and of good quality its only recently over the last 2 to 3 years that products became from the lower of the end of the spectrums.

Take all the time you need Mega, a masterpiece (as it will be) cannot be rushed :mysmilie_59:

I never bought anything.
I surfed into Bid one afternoon a few years ago and couldn't believe what I was seeing- a bit like a gang of on- air muggers.
It was fascinating to observe the lies , manipulation and shameless hard sell tactics all of which seemed to be targeted towards an elderly and gullible demographic.
I quickly banged off one ASA complaint which was upheld and could have submitted numerous others.
There are dodgy sales outfits everywhere but with Bid it was all played out in your living room and that was the fascination.
Everyone regrets the job losses but I must say there were many times that you could hear the studio staff sniggering when James Russell and Peter Simon were laying it on thick so I think that the culture of contempt for the customer was quite deeply embedded.
I dread to think how Caroline will break it to her godchildren.

That's pretty much my own story too (apart from the ASA complaint :grin: )

I started watching properly around 2010 and couldn't believe what I was hearing - the golden era of the b$ was around that point (upto around 2012)
It was so bad I just couldn't stop watching (not all the time might I add). I originally found Peter Simon to be quite amusing and then sort of realised he was by no means normal. Paul Becque was pretty funny apart from when he shouted. I always had a crush on Gemma Smallpage...

Alas, I've got pretty bored with bid over the past year, the ASA pretty much canned their outrageous selling practices (and quite rightly too) - it's a shame they never went back to their earlier years which by all accounts were fun and enjoyable to watch without all the b$.

Attachments

• 556997_10150700395369284_407932810_n.jpg
    556997_10150700395369284_407932810_n.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 227
If you never saw the golden days of Bid.up.tv with Eric and Ernie the gavel and block graphics you really missed a unique tv experience, the channel was lively entertaining and fun. I bought a few products in the early days. There are very few clips from the Bid.up.tv era which is a shame.

Telewest ran the channel very well and used the interactive service on their tv service to help promote the channel.

If you never saw the golden days of Bid.up.tv with Eric and Ernie the gavel and block graphics you really missed a unique tv experience, the channel was lively entertaining and fun. I bought a few products in the early days. There are very few clips from the Bid.up.tv era which is a shame.

Telewest ran the channel very well and used the interactive service on their tv service to help promote the channel.

I've watched a lot of the earlier clips over the past year and I really enjoyed watching them. Peter Simon didn't even need to try. It just looked 'fun'!

I did watch Bid on and off back in the early days (2000 - 2006) (used to be an avid QVC watcher in the late 1990's till it got a little too serious/conservative for me!)

Latest posts

Back