Mark Ryes Radio 4 24/4/14 12noon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to someone on Digital Spy Mark Ryes will be speaking about the demise of Bid Shopping on Radio 4 after 12 noon (today).

Interesting Steve but I would have thought they might have asked Mike Mason to comment (through Madeena, of course).

But i'll personally have to pass, my lunchtime Pot Noodle is more interesting than the Runt Of The Litter will ever be :mysmilie_59:

I can't imagine why Peter Simon isn't doing it, given his close ties with the BBC:

"And when was the first you heard of the financial troubles at Bid?"

"Well, I was just drying my smalls when I felt a chill up the back passage, and our Bet said to me..."

Be interesting to see if he will be trying to defend their practices or trying separate himself from them

I wonder if he'll say that he was the Chief Trainer for Sit-Up?

If he has half a brain he won't :mysmilie_59:

Extract from R4 Website for Noon Broadcast...

Tuition fees, Green Deal scams, Gap insurance
Duration: 56 minutes
First broadcast: Thursday 24 April 2014
A new report from the Institute of Fiscal Studies suggests the government's plans to increase tuition fees for students in England may not save the taxpayer any money. We'll talk to the author of the report.

Citizens Advice warns that seventy percent of queries to them about Green Deal are about scams.

We look at the idea of gap insurance - and whether high pressure sales pitches when you are buying a car should be allowed, and as two of the biggest TV shopping channels close - is it the end for the road for buying what you see.

Extract from R4 Website for Noon Broadcast...

Tuition fees, Green Deal scams, Gap insurance
Duration: 56 minutes
First broadcast: Thursday 24 April 2014
A new report from the Institute of Fiscal Studies suggests the government's plans to increase tuition fees for students in England may not save the taxpayer any money. We'll talk to the author of the report.

Citizens Advice warns that seventy percent of queries to them about Green Deal are about scams.

We look at the idea of gap insurance - and whether high pressure sales pitches when you are buying a car should be allowed, and as two of the biggest TV shopping channels close - is it the end for the road for buying what you see.

For those reading these posts about Radio 4 it should be available on BBC iplayer a little after broadcast has finished. I'm looking forward to see what M.R has to say. Let's hope for some juicy goss! I'll be recording it for posterity.:mysmilie_17:

[/SIZE]

For those reading these posts about Radio 4 it should be available on BBC iplayer a little after broadcast has finished. I'm looking forward to see what M.R has to say. Let's hope for some juicy goss! I'll be recording it for posterity.:mysmilie_17:

Just as an update - copies can be purchased for just £7.99 P & P standard phone charges apply at £1.53!!

Thank you for this heads up, much appreciated :happy:
I've managed to get my sky box to agree to record it, didn't know you could record radio on it, but it seems so. Can't wait to hear what Mark has to say!

Thank you for this heads up, much appreciated :happy:
I've managed to get my sky box to agree to record it, didn't know you could record radio on it, but it seems so. Can't wait to hear what Mark has to say!

Just move the channel selection into the radio progs, and select as you would a TV prog. Should be a fun listen. According to what has been (allegedly) attributed to M.R it seems he would have burned his bridges with regards to QVC. I can't wait. Almost like waiting for Cup final Kick off. Any juicy info, I'll transcribe for the forum. You ca:mysmilie_17:n thank me later.

Just move the channel selection into the radio progs, and select as you would a TV prog. Should be a fun listen. According to what has been (allegedly) attributed to M.R it seems he would have burned his bridges with regards to QVC. I can't wait. Almost like waiting for Cup final Kick off. Any juicy info, I'll transcribe for the forum. You ca:mysmilie_17:n thank me later.

You have to set a manual recording on a Sky Box to tape a radio programme, it's not as easy as just pressing 'R' for a telly show as radio shows don't appear in the EPG.

I did it earlier so should be a good listen. I don't expect much humility from Ryes, I wouldn't be shocked if it's more along the lines of 'we wont be the only one's closing'.

Well, Sit-Up has closed and QVC and IW haven't.

The End :mysmilie_59:

Any juicy info, I'll transcribe for the forum. You ca:mysmilie_17:n thank me later.

Nah, I'll thank you now, in anticipation of the goodies to follow. Nothing wrong with a bit of encouragement, not that you need any, I'm sure!

I wonder if MR will try and blag some continuity/voice over work while there?

Let's be realistic here BUSD.

Mark is surely more suited to Slough Community Radio than BBC Radio 4.

It's at best fanciful to think that any of the stooges who were in place when Sit-Up went bust will be appearing on Auntie as staff, ever :mysmilie_59:

I wonder if MR will try and blag some continuity/voice over work while there?

Damn you I was just going to post that...he is not there to talk about Bid he is there to go "Hi I'm Pocket size Mark Ryes I work on community radio and was the voiceover for Challenge TV here is my CV when do you want me to start? ...Err Bid yes I did work for them for a short while but that's history now what matters is the future and I am Pocket size Mark Ryes the future of Radio 4"

Damn you I was just going to post that...he is not there to talk about Bid he is there to go "Hi I'm Pocket size Mark Ryes I work on community radio and was the voiceover for Challenge TV here is my CV when do you want me to start? ...Err Bid yes I did work for them for a short while but that's history now what matters is the future and I am Pocket size Mark Ryes the future of Radio 4"

There's surely more chance of Mike Mason hosting 'Hair by Philip Kingsley' on QVC than Runt of The Litter Ryes being hired by BBC Radio 4.

I'm sure Mark has something to offer TV and Radio as he's a pro but the BBC? I'd aim a lot lower if I was him :mysmilie_59:

Thank you, i seem to have missed it

I'm interested to hear what he has to say, but I fear he'll toe the party line and we won't hear anything juicy at all.

Seriously, was that it? What was the point of that? Apart from some shameless self -promotion......

I thought it was nice of him to acknowledge that they never got to say goodbye.

The presenter asked/cajoled him into pimping himself out for future work... but nodoubt he is going to get abused for it on here.

He was on air for three mins at most.

Latest posts

Back