Mark Ryes Radio 4 24/4/14 12noon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope so. Caroline has a huge circle of friends, cousins and godchildren that all need to be provided for....

The problem with people like Ryes, they are 'broadcast opportunists'. Had he taken the trouble to think about the type of programme and demographic BBC Radio 4 is aimed at, he might have got more than three minutes airtime. The producers listening to his senseless gabbling and shameless self-promotion promptly pulled the mic away. He completely wasted it.

The problem with people like Ryes, they are 'broadcast opportunists'. Had he taken the trouble to think about the type of programme and demographic BBC Radio 4 is aimed at, he might have got more than three minutes airtime. The producers listening to his senseless gabbling and shameless self-promotion promptly pulled the mic away. He completely wasted it.

Oh, you've piqued my interest now Greg...I'm off to break the habit of a life time and give it a listen !

"We didn't know what was going on" ... says the man who was supposedly working for nothing since Xmas ! The whole subject was pretty glibly dealt with in less than 7 minutes, IMO.

And if he'd thought a bit more he'd have realised he was surely invited on just for the presenter and her audience to sneer at.

I can just hear Daphne in Esher telling her best friend Imogen 'there was a perfectly ghastly little creature on the wireless today who apparently used to work on something called a shopping channel' :mysmilie_59:

"We didn't know what was going on" ... says the man who was supposedly working for nothing since Xmas ! The whole subject was pretty glibly dealt with in less than 7 minutes, IMO.

That's exactly what I thought! Hasn't been paid for months but didn't realise anything was wrong? What?

And if he'd thought a bit more he'd have realised he was surely invited on just for the presenter and her audience to sneer at.

I can just hear Daphne in Esher telling her best friend Imogen 'there was a perfectly ghastly little creature on the wireless today who apparently used to work on something called a shopping channel' :mysmilie_59:

Just checking Ms. Wirral but -

Is that the same Esher who thought a 'creche' was a car accident that occurred in Kingston Upon Thames?

I assume you all listened from 17 mins when a shopping expert for The Telegraph was interviewed about the asa etc

I only initially listened to The Runt but i've just listened to the rest now.

Dirty Peter and Burger Flippin' Birkett, take a bow! But he wasn't very complimentary was he?

The company wasn't very well run
They got in all sorts of trouble because of over exaggerated claims and when the channel went down it was still being investigated by Ofcom

He had quite a different take on the reason why they went bust to that of Ryes didn't he? :mysmilie_59:

The clips they played, which they got off Youtube BBC paying the rights then hahah, made it sound like the channel was called the vault and the presenter obviously thought they were called Shop At Bid for a long time.

The clips they played, which they got off Youtube BBC paying the rights then hahah, made it sound like the channel was called the vault and the presenters obviously thought they were called Shop At Bid for a long time.

It struck me as a hatchet job, and a very good one too.

I found the whole thing highly entertaining. Bless the BBC :mysmilie_59:

I suspect Mr Tom you are Mark Ryes... you are defending him way to much not to be...

Just like his tone changes when he is being Mr Nice Guy on air and then Mr bitch queen on Twitter.

Well what was he supposed to say "um um um nah iv got nothing in the pipeline and i have no skills either"

Yet if he posted on here, the tone would soon change

A missed opportunity, in my opinion.

I feel the interests of the ex Sit-Uppers would have been better served with a more ebullient representative. I'm thinking Lisa Brash or Mike Mason.

Or of course Peter Simon.

image.jpg

A missed opportunity, in my opinion.

I feel the interests of the ex Sit-Uppers would have been better served with a more ebullient representative. I'm thinking Lisa Brash or Mike Mason.

Or of course Peter Simon.

As has already been said (probably) it was too quick to get to the bottom of anything.

Nothing new was learned, i almost don't understand why the interview happened in the first place

Latest posts

Back