Brash TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you're quite right and that is the laughable thing. Certain ex-presenters sound like they almost intend to carry on where they left off, no doubt from a desperate need to propagate the self created fallacy that they are bona fide TV Personalities. Surely they've noticed that Sit-Up went, not to put to fine a point on it, bust. And by the sound of it they possibly should have gone bust years ago.

Now, of course that could have happened for a number of reasons but I suspect that high up on the list are:-

1. The merchandise was overpriced shite
2. Apart from a few loyal followers a lot of people found the presenters completely and utterly dislikeable

I understand why they can't let it lie but really, I suspect Lisa, Peter and Sally would be better to just go and get themselves an everyday job. They are merely the chaff among the wheat, as most of us are.

For their own financial wellbeing an immediate reality check sounds like the order of the day.

I think we have to understand that the self deprecating way they often referred to themselves as experts - I for one am astonished - nay - dumbstruck that the self confessed experts haven't been snapped up as yet. It's a case of - it you say it enough, people will believe it. Sadly in their case, they were the only ones and took presenting to an all time low. Welcome to the real world! Oh, and by the way, all the shoddy and shonky past presenting is available for prospective employers to watch. That may be the single and most important thing why few, if any have been snapped up as yet. :rock:

Lisa, this is the worst idea I have ever heard in my entire life (and I've heard some terrible ideas in my time).

Imagine it, some loud bird yapping on YouTube with a dozen viewers dropping in and out, trying to flog them shite they can buy elsewhere on the Internet for the same price or even cheaper. Nobody will want to ask you questions about the products because they'd be able to find out everything elsewhere online. You'd be better off concentrating on getting a normal job. For example, I'm sure you'd do just fine in telesales.

Unless Lisa is a millionaire i cannae see it working, the catch must be in she is in the bubble that people are going to text her live on air and ask her questions. Well we all know the text charges for that will be around £1.50 a go if not more. Why can 't they all accept, they just sold stuff on telly and now the company is no more and get a cleaning job or something. Maybe she is huge in Ibiza as a DJ or something or has a famous boyfriend,but nobody cares and if they do then there is something wrong :mysmilie_11:

Oh Goodness I hope not!:mysmilie_17:

Apparently they are recruiting, I bet Mason ends up there.

I hear if the Channel takes off they hope to come to FV & VM as when it launches it will only be on Sky.

Apparently they are recruiting, I bet Mason ends up there.

I hear if the Channel takes off they hope to come to FV & VM as when it launches it will only be on Sky.

I doubt he'll be allowed to go that far away to work from home by his wife/gobbess.:mysmilie_17:

I have VM. I am so glad that we are not going to have this channel.

Lisa claims if The Outlet Channel is a success she will be co-hosting with Peter Sherlock.

Lisa Brash
10 hrs ·
Don't forget guys the outlet channel will be launching on Sunday at 8pm. Let's get this channel going it deserves to be a regular on shopping channels as we have massive brands such as Russell Hobbs halogen oven (if you haven't got one yet, I swear you need one I cooked my chips in one yesterday and OMG) really big brands with a bit of fun thrown in. If we can get this going then a) it means I will have a job lol but will be back on your screens regularly and also if it does well Peter Howard Sherlock and I will be presenting the bargains together and that will be the funniest thing to watch. It's shopping and entertaining in the making (well I think anyway lol) please support the channel even if we are not your cup of tea I can be sure you will love the products xxxxx

There's a slight delay on the audio..it's like they've dubbed her voice in.

I wish her and the channel all the best - but MY GOD it looks like the lowest budget shopping shopping channel I've ever seen. It looks like it's been filmed in someone's living room - tiny and squeezed in the corner. The camera quality isn't great (and they seem to have just one main fixed camera for the most of the time) and the audio isn't great either.

I'm sure it must be financially tough to launch a new channel - but really they could have found a little extra budget for the studio/tech.

...Apparently Sherlock will also be joining the channel in early June.

"GREAT NEWS! Peter Sherlock will be joining our presenting team from early June. Watch this space for a great range of beauty and fragrance products coming soon to The Outlet Channel!"

I wish her and the channel all the best - but MY GOD it looks like the lowest budget shopping shopping channel I've ever seen. It looks like it's been filmed in someone's living room - tiny and squeezed in the corner. The camera quality isn't great (and they seem to have just one main fixed camera for the most of the time) and the audio isn't great either.

I'm sure it must be financially tough to launch a new channel - but really they could have found a little extra budget for the studio/tech.

I too wish them all the best but in its current state I'll give it a month.

Why would you use music from the previous sh*t-up channels that have now closed. That music was also used on Gems Tv just before it nearly closed down when Steve came to the rescue. Not really good to associate a background music to channels that were in trouble! But i wish the venture well, hope it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back