Brash TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sherlock joins with his dodgy bee serum, donkey bollocks semen and his stinks, he will surely sink the channel!

I thought Lisa looked great and she seemed comfortable but overall I suspect they'll need to seriously raise their game presentation wise. I think viewers expect more than being shown a unplugged Steam Iron that is merely sat on top of it's box. And the Halogen Oven sale wasn't very in depth, if they don't have the studio space to provide demonstrations then perhaps they should at least produce some VT?

Onwards and upwards though, some of the products seemed OK and they used fair price comparisons for retailers like Wilkinson and Currys, not ripoff Home Shopping catalogues.

is it just me or is this Bid resurrected in another form? I noticed they had a solar Buddha later on in the presentation.

I can buy that fan for £9 cheaper if delivered or £11.99 if collected when i go to Makro next;
http://store.makro.co.uk/p-50050-fine-elements-12-chrome-desk-fan-esc102-chrome.aspx

Actually even if i order it online as you don't need a makro card at £23.99 + £2.99 delivery that's £26.98
much better than the £29.99 + £5 p&p = £35.98 from the outlet channel

But you can buy a Tesco one which looks exactly the same for £18
http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-12-inch-metal-desk-fan/755-0835.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=755-0835

I thought Lisa looked great and she seemed comfortable but overall I suspect they'll need to seriously raise their game presentation wise. I think viewers expect more than being shown a unplugged Steam Iron that is merely sat on top of it's box. And the Halogen Oven sale wasn't very in depth, if they don't have the studio space to provide demonstrations then perhaps they should at least produce some VT?

Onwards and upwards though, some of the products seemed OK and they used fair price comparisons for retailers like Wilkinson and Currys, not ripoff Home Shopping catalogues.

Yes, I also thought it was odd that they didn't really demo the products. I'm not sure they can expect to sell much of a product by literally just showing it. Surely the point of shopping TV is that you have the ability to actually show a product being used live?

Yes, I also thought it was odd that they didn't really demo the products. I'm not sure they can expect to sell much of a product by literally just showing it. Surely the point of shopping TV is that you have the ability to actually show a product being used live?

I'd have to agree, I totally understand they have time constraints as they merely buy an hour of airtime here and there but the lack of any real demonstrations is not very engaging.

The Halogen Oven sale was odd, it seemed to centre on the mere fact it was a 'branded' model and little else really other than the temperature settings. Briefly turning it on with a grey looking, part cooked chicken and some raw looking vegetables in it isn't much of a sales pitch really. And it didn't help that the camera work was, at best, ropey. The shots were sometimes out of focus and the zoom in on the cooker was very stilted. It's pretty clear Lisa had barely any space to work (she couldn't even place the hot lid in it's stand and had to plonk it on the floor which isn't great) so some VT is badly needed, in my opinion.

But it was a pretty good price though and it was their first outing so hopefully it will improve. To be blunt it will have to.

I'd have to agree, I totally understand they have time constraints as they merely buy an hour of airtime here and there but the lack of any real demonstrations are not really acceptable.

The Halogen Oven sale was odd, it seemed to centre on the mere fact it was a 'branded' model and little else really other than the temperature settings. Briefly turning it on with an anaemic part cooked chicken and some miserable looking vegetables in it isn't much of a sales pitch really. And it didn't help that the camera work was pretty awful, often out of focus and the zoom in shot was very stilted. It's pretty clear Lisa had barely any space to work (she couldn't even place the hot lid in it's stand and had to plonk it on the floor which isn't great) so some VT is badly needed, in my opinion.

But it was a pretty good price though.

They should have cooked the food more for display purposes and the lid was a disaster lol

Also she had a bit of trouble, probably due to her nails, getting the safety button lifted. I've had one of those RH halogens and after a while, that button snaps off, although the cooker can still be used even then. Was a good price.

They should have cooked the food more for display purposes and the lid was a disaster lol

Also she had a bit of trouble, probably due to her nails, getting the safety button lifted. I've had one of those RH halogens and after a while, that button snaps off, although the cooker can still be used even then. Was a good price.

That's right Momma, the safety button episode was a bit cringey. Do you think it was to portray an image of it being 'live'? (which of course it patently wasn't, the date of the price comparisons on 26 May proved that, not that you needed further proof).

But putting a hot Halogen Oven lid, on the floor, is verging on the unforgivable :mysmilie_13:

That's right Momma, the lid episode was a bit cringey. Do you think it was to portray an image of it being 'live' (which it patently wasn't).

But putting a hot Halogen Oven lid, on the floor, is verging on the unforgivable :mysmilie_13:

Hey that could be it :mysmilie_46:

I think she said summat about 'that's live telly for ya' with the safety button thing?

Hey that could be it :mysmilie_46:

I think she said summat about 'that's live telly for ya' with the safety button thing?

Yeah whatever, Lisa surely couldn't present live for a whole hour without a ciggie break (or a 'fresh air' break :mysmilie_19:).

The Outlet Channel is on again now but it appears to just be a repeat of yesterday's programme.

I really don't see a future for The Outlet Channel, from what I say on Sunday night it was a poor man's copy of BID TV, I actually think Lisa Brash did ok presenting wise with the products, but there should have demonstrations. The Bid TV music playing was also a big mistake, time will tell how the channel does but I don't see it doing well unfortunately.

I think Lisa Brash on this is nothing like the she was on Pricedrop/Bid. She is much better with her more natural personality and better substance in her delivery and attitude here. Unfortunately the vehicle around her is seriously lacking in any substance or much credibility. I think Lisa deserves better than this. I just hope the channel will let her develop her own style and the owners will have the ability and capital to expand the products and the general presentation of the channel.

Lisa is on 682 right now but sadly it's just the same hour being repeated all over again.

But Peter McDermott is on with some gardening in a few weeks time.

Peter McDermott is actually on now.

They need to update the TV Schedule on their website as it's wrong, he isn't meant to be on until 16 June!

It doesn't seem to be a very professional set up. I personally am rather careful where I spend my money and this outfit isn't getting any of it!

Very wise Muttley. It could very easily be a fly-by-night operation.

It doesn't seem to be a very professional set up. I personally am rather careful where I spend my money and this outfit isn't getting any of it!

It saddens me to say this about a new 'channel' but I doubt i'd be inclined to make a purchase either.

It all seems a bit thrown together just now and if Peter Sherlock is joining them then that would just add to my current personal perception that they are a bit schlocky.

I know some of you won't agree with me, but Peter Sherlock, for me is a likeable character, and I for one is glad to hear that he's going to be back on our screens, yes, I know he's spouted perhaps more than his fair share of BS over the past year or so, but one thing that does come across is his absolute passion for what he's doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back