Going, Going, GONE

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am assuming that was on his fan facebook page. Interesting. But can you imagine him not trying to get on television. Or maybe he is being realistic and thinks it unlikely he will get a job on selly telly again. I wonder where his career will now take him?

Put it this way Muttley, I doubt the execs at QVC were thinking 'let's get onto MeMikes agent, fast' when Sit-Up was Shut Up.

I applaud his realistic overtones. There's surely more chance of seeing the Queen Mother perform 'Any Old Iron' at the next Royal Variety Performance than seeing Gollum on telly again :mysmilie_59:

As there is no more Bid to speak of, I am now busy watching Storage Hunters on Dave. Random people bidding for random rubbish.

Put it this way Muttley, I doubt the execs at QVC were thinking 'let's get onto MeMikes agent, fast' when Sit-Up was Shut Up.

I applaud his realistic overtones. There's surely more chance of seeing the Queen Mother perform 'Any Old Iron' at the next Royal Variety Performance than seeing Gollum on telly again :mysmilie_59:

No, I can't see him on QVC either. Maybe Gems TV, with all the dainty jewellery, telling the female audience that all women want him. No, I don't think so. I fear wr may have seen the last of Gollum on TV. Of course I could be wrong...

No, I can't see him on QVC either. Maybe Gems TV, with all the dainty jewellery, telling the female audience that all women want him. No, I don't think so. I fear wr may have seen the last of Gollum on TV. Of course I could be wrong...

I'm sorry Muttley my lovely but I must disagree with you at this juncture, in the absence of any dodgy quiz programmes I cannot see him on any channel. None.

But maybe all is not lost. Perhaps he could try elocution lessons and get a part on Downton Abbey?:mysmilie_59:

As there is no more Bid to speak of, I am now busy watching Storage Hunters on Dave. Random people bidding for random rubbish.

Storage Hunters? Even more crooked than anything Bid aired. My favourite moment on that was when Brandon just happened to find a state of the art 3-D printer in one of the lockers...followed by a good couple of minutes of cheap advertising when they visited the company who made it to get it "valued". Similar thing happened when they bought a locker containing a piece of hardware by Leika used to reconstruct crime scenes. I also like the fact that most of the superfluous people who attend the auctions seem to be celeb lookalikes of varying quality (who hardly ever bid and never win anything). Having said all that, it's the crack cocaine of 'reality' TV.

The Pawn Stars/American Restorartion/American Pickers trilology are my staple 3 at present.

Having said that, I have just ordered from Amazon the entire Blu ray/DVD box sets of;

The Sweeney, The Hustle and Hill Street Blues and about 30 CDs to fill in the void of no more BID.

And all P & P was free!

Last edited:
I'm sorry Muttley my lovely but I must disagree with you at this juncture, in the absence of any dodgy quiz programmes I cannot see him on any channel. None.

But maybe all is not lost. Perhaps he could try elocution lessons and get a part on Downton Abbey?:mysmilie_59:

Brilliant Wirral, an acting career for Mike! Last week I saw a production of Pygmalian on stage at the Richmond Theatre where Henry Higgins trains a common flower seller to talk posh like wot he does. It could definitely work for Mike, I can just see him as the new Lord Granthan if Hugh Bonnerville cannot do the next series of Downton. He would hilarious telling all his dinner guests about his wife's diseased feet and wind problems.

The Pawn Stars/American Restorartion/American Pickers trilology are also my staple 3 at present.

Having said that I have just ordered from Amazon Entire Bluray/DVD box sets of The Sweeney, The Hustle and Hills Street Blues and about 30 CDs to fill in the void of no more BID

My guilty pleasure is Hoarders on CBS Reality where mad Americans live in squalor and can't throw anything away. I am strangely fascinated and it makes me keep my home clean and tidy!

My guilty pleasure is Hoarders on CBS Reality where mad Americans live in squalor and can't throw anything away. I am strangely fascinated and it makes me keep my home clean and tidy!

Great Choice Mutters, but have you ever wondered if the legend that is 'Lee from Ventor' will ever be featured on a 'Bid Hoarders Special' with all the crap he seemed to have bought over the years from our favorite late lamented TV channel? Mabee Sallah and Dirty Pete could present it?

Latest posts

Back