Ali gone ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mags3224

Registered Shopper
Hi all was just looking at gems web page i noticed Ali missing from presenters has she left if so when does anyone know.. I have scouted through the list here and couldnt find a post regarding this ss if raking up old news.

Hiya Mags I think Ali left gemstv about a month ago there was no mention on screen she was leaving also Emma isn't on anymore either again gone off the presenters page, don't know if it's anything to do with gemstv 2 reduced hours and reduction in costs because they both were main presenters on gems 2.

:1:I seem to recall Emma worked in the office side of things before presenting,
she had stood in for someone who was off sick at the time quite a while ago, and then liked it so much she carried on presenting...
It's just a thought, but she could have gone back to the office side of things once again!

It's a real shame that they all seem to be disappearing, without being able to say goodbye to the viewers!

so far thats Steve Ashton, Caroline Lindsey, Ali, Emma, Ruth Linnett, Vikki Carr still on maternity,and with most of the call centre gone hence the auto voice recognition service that's in place, so it could have extended further to the office/management side of things too, its a real shame, as this credit crunch is hitting everyone very hard.:11:

I remember reading a post on here from someone who was supposedly 'in the know', saying she was one of the cutbacks, and Emma was on a year's sabbatical.

I found her voice rather grating so was not a particular fan, but I did like Emma.

Nothing to do with this, but does anyone else think Liv might be expecting a little gem? Just noticed she seems to be wearing rather loose tops, and I think her little boy is about 2 1/2 now.

:doggie:

M4G, you are the master of understatement! Although Ali seemed a sweet girl, her voice could have cut through a steel girder, truly awful imo. Gems never seemed to take their lady presenters' voices into consideration. They still have one there now who sounds like a fishwife and I find incredibly irritating, but I'm mentioning no names. Emma, on the other hand, I really liked, in fact she was one of my favourite presenters, so hope she does come back.

M4G, you are the master of understatement! Although Ali seemed a sweet girl, her voice could have cut through a steel girder, truly awful imo. Gems never seemed to take their lady presenters' voices into consideration. They still have one there now who sounds like a fishwife and I find incredibly irritating, but I'm mentioning no names. Emma, on the other hand, I really liked, in fact she was one of my favourite presenters, so hope she does come back.

I like Emma too - fairly understated but articulate.

Nothing to do with this, but does anyone else think Liv might be expecting a little gem? Just noticed she seems to be wearing rather loose tops, and I think her little boy is about 2 1/2 now.

:doggie:

She's on now, M4G, and I'm staring so hard that I keep missing the jewellery she's presenting :) Hard to tell - as you said, she's wearing a very loose top - very pretty, but concealing!

Latest posts

Back