I hear........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If he sticks to the script, doesn't mess up his lines, and has had a decent manicure (for those ultra close-ups of the hand during demos), this may be a canny signing by Gems. However, we are talking about Peter Simon here...

I do have faith in The Bennett's though, they have built up their Gemporia brand up and must see something in Peter that wasn't on during his Bid days.

That could be a problem right there. I believe Gems TV isn't scripted.

Oh, I know that - I just meant that letting loose a string of 20 consecutive 'not onlies' while selling an item probably won't win him any friends at Gems. I wonder if anyone has pointed this out to him since Bid's demise and he has managed to cure himself of this verbal tic. I meant to say that he should try to adapt to the Gems TV format as best he can and stick to that.

If he sticks to the script, doesn't mess up his lines, and has had a decent manicure (for those ultra close-ups of the hand during demos), this may be a canny signing by Gems. However, we are talking about Peter Simon here...

To be fair, his nails/hands were always well manicured on Bid.

To pull this off, he has to change his act completely, I would have thought.

To be fair, his nails/hands were always well manicured on Bid.

To pull this off, he has to change his act completely, I would have thought.

I was watching a bit of Gems TV yesterday and while the presentation is professional it seemed a little bit over the top. Plenty of well worn lines about Tanzo being rarer than hens teeth and a liberal use of brand names, Van Cleef and Arpels was mentioned more than once in association with some stone than sounded like gobbledygookanite.

But maybe we'll see the 'real' Peter as opposed to the cartoon character we had for 13 years?

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Peter is still working? He's old enough now to claim the state pension and, even though I have no idea of his financial situation, he's been the top seller on a large shopping channel for the past 10 years so I wouldn't imagine he's that desperate for money.

It just seems a bit odd that at his age he wants to drag himself to a studio at 11pm to sell jewellery into the early hours of the morning.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Peter is still working? He's old enough now to claim the state pension and, even though I have no idea of his financial situation, he's been the top seller on a large shopping channel for the past 10 years so I wouldn't imagine he's that desperate for money.

It just seems a bit odd that at his age he wants to drag himself to a studio at 11pm to sell jewellery into the early hours of the morning.

I'd imagine a big part of it is that he's a performer that no doubt craves a stage.

To be honest I don't blame him continuing really, he'd drive Bet crazy hanging around the house all day :mysmilie_59:

We have been through his age before he is not as old as he looks - Peter appeared on Junior Showtime which ran from 1969-1974 age 12 which means the earliest he could have been born was 1957 - so he is not at pension age.

We have been through his age before he is not as old as he looks - Peter appeared on Junior Showtime which ran from 1969-1974 age 12 which means the earliest he could have been born was 1957 - so he is not at pension age.

He's 67 - so I'd be surprised if he didn't qualify.

Peter Simon is in his late 50's. He's not 67.

His old Wikipedia page stated he was 67 - but that has since been removed because it was incorrect.

Peter Simon in his Fifty's? WOO HOO!!!! that means possibly another 10 years plus of him presenting on the telly ha ha.

Latest posts

Back