Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Peter simon is now on gemstv brilliant. This time NO swearing, no flirting just be yourself. He looks well, gemstv better than that awful bidtv good luck to the man but most of all peter do not bs please, they read this forum (the presenters etc ) .

Our Betty just got a mention; apparently she will be watching tonight.

It was the same old Peter wasn't it? Entrance and all, even a bit of a monologue too!

I have to say he looked well though. :mysmilie_59:

Tonight Peter Simon was talking about artists and craftsmen, and he said that a few weeks ago he met an artist called Darren Barker. (His name's Darren Baker I think?)

Yes, he's most certainly back :mysmilie_59:

Oh goodness Mr Simon on gems -- I notice hes added a little poshness to his accent - along with the nail gel. Kudos to him, doing his homework regarding gemstones. He does need to laugh a little though - not as much as Jim Broomman, but lighten up just a little - maybe he would be more suited to rocks, they tend to be more of a serious hard sell there

hope he doesn't break wind live on air :mysmilie_17:

Peter Simon doing his homework on jemstones! I don't think he studied quite enough ha ha...
" let me tell you how this is, these have come from about 80 or 90 MILES down in the Earth".... Now let me tell you Peter that I looked on Wikipedia when you said that cos it didn't sound right and low and behold the deepest mine in the world is the TauTona mine in South Africa which is...... wait for it.... only 2.4 miles deep!

Quite simply. That man is going to get them into a lot of trouble.

Though I fear that the gems audience will lap up his verbal diarrhoea.

I hope they don't move him to an earlier slot in the day, I really couldn't be doing with ever seeing him again. Suits me fine he's on when he is.

I can only imagine that Gems think he has a following and that's why they employ him. I can't think of any other reason because he's absolutely rubbish imo.

About a month ago I discovered that Peter Simon lived on my road, today he was in the car behind me!! Was really weird seeing someone in the flesh who you've been seeing on telly for years.

Smoking like a chimney and with a younger gentleman in the passenger seat.

My life is now complete :)

About a month ago I discovered that Peter Simon lived on my road, today he was in the car behind me!! Was really weird seeing someone in the flesh who you've been seeing on telly for years.

Smoking like a chimney and with a younger gentleman in the passenger seat.

My life is now complete :)

And would the younger gentleman be called Bet or Maude?

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before Gems get rid, he's a cringeworthy, walking disaster! The sheer drivel that he spouts is laughable........the amount of "oh look at that" "not only" "a gem of Kings and Queens" "of regal and royalty" "a beauty mark on your finger" "0845 612" "0845 61" the amount of unfinished sentences, and giving the wrong names or pronouncing the gem names wrong...Taverna Diamond?? Miner Gerais?? Andsine?? giving the wrong colours. He doesn't even present the items properly as the others do, standing there holding a ring in a display box for the full sales pitch, spouting claptrap isn't showing us it properly, on the hand Peter, ON THE HAND!!

And allowing him to act like he did on Bid, the BIG intro, the chats, the vomit worthy ending, like he owns the place. There are presenters who've been there from the start who don't do that, what an insult to them. Was it to please Peter that he was given the late night slot and Jim Brooman move to 3am to 7am?? yep!! Oh for gawds sake Gems, wake up, the only reason i watch him is because he's absolutely terrible. Every thing about him is just so wrong for Gems.

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before Gems get rid, he's a cringeworthy, walking disaster! The sheer drivel that he spouts is laughable........the amount of "oh look at that" "not only" "a gem of Kings and Queens" "of regal and royalty" "a beauty mark on your finger" "0845 612" "0845 61" the amount of unfinished sentences, and giving the wrong names or pronouncing the gem names wrong...Taverna Diamond?? Miner Gerais?? Andsine?? giving the wrong colours. He doesn't even present the items properly as the others do, standing there holding a ring in a display box for the full sales pitch, spouting claptrap isn't showing us it properly, on the hand Peter, ON THE HAND!!

And allowing him to act like he did on Bid, the BIG intro, the chats, the vomit worthy ending, like he owns the place. There are presenters who've been there from the start who don't do that, what an insult to them. Was it to please Peter that he was given the late night slot and Jim Brooman move to 3am to 7am?? yep!! Oh for gawds sake Gems, wake up, the only reason i watch him is because he's absolutely terrible. Every thing about him is just so wrong for Gems.

Absolutely spot on. Very accurate summary.

He's making a channel I've always respected look really tacky. He doesn't suit the image of the channel at all.

Truly awful decision by the Bennetts to employ him. I can see lots of ASA complaints happening now - simply through PS making so many mistakes or giving misleading descriptions simply because he's out of his depth and doesn't know what he's talking about.

So far, he's already referred to a filled Ruby as natural, said that Ethiopian opals can be found in Australia and Ethiopia (opals can be found in both countries, but they look nothing like each other), and made a few other blunders too.

He also says a lot of irrelevant waffle about items (sun gods of Ra, Elizabeth Taylor was the KING of gems, etc), but doesn't say anything useful about items (length of drop in earrings, length of chains and bracelets, etc).

Completely out of his depth.

I can't help it. I watch Peter because he is entertaining. And I bet he is shifting a lot of stock.

He will bring Gems TV down though. He is totally unsuited to it.

I also miss watching him on a general shopping channel where he sells a variety of stuff. I want to see him do kitchen and DIY demonstrations again. He is a very guilty pleasure but wherever he is I will watch him.

Unless i'm very much mistaken Peter Simon just said the Changbai Peridot Mine is 25 miles deep.

Now he's waffling on about his favourite designers in different fields including 'The Darren Barker's of Art'.

Darren Baker?

Do wish he would stop the waffle and talk about carat weight ect.

This is a man who has never really been one for bothering with accurate, pertinent product details. The ASA might attest to that.

Maybe he thinks such drudgery gets in the way of his 'performance'? Buyer beware when this sly old goat is on :mysmilie_59:

He's selling a Black Spinel Ring:-

'Can I just tell ya' (then never tells us anything)
'Get on the phones, just get on the phones'
'There's something intriguing about Black Spinel, worn by some of the most famous women in the world, why? Coz it's a temptress of magic'
'This is the master of the women, the disguise, it is when it's on your finger the illusion created by the magic you create'
'Whether you can do the Fandango, whether you can do the Foxtrot, whether you can go and hold and tenderly embrace the magic of the night'
'She is the Goddess, she is the Phantom of Beauty, she's simply an adoration of joy'
'Spinel is a sister of simplistic, spontaneous sexiness'
'Not only is it really the Black Prince it is that person in your life, d'ya know what it is? Spinel is a split personality, it's that other woman, when that clock chimes 12, ahhh embrace it, live it, kick off the Stiletto, go and be Spinel's dark side'

Then he got very excited over a 'Pink Sapphire' ring, he enthused 'look at this, LOOK AT THIS!!'. Sadly he had the wrong ring altogether, the one he had was a Rhodolite Garnet (it didn't look very Pink) and he was obviously told this in his earpiece.

It's reassuring to know we're in such knowledgeable hands.

So Steve Bennett owner of Gems hands over to our Peter at 11pm

You need to see this........Steve said ....you're not gonna ruin me tonight are ya ?
Well hilarious ....
And 15 mins in pete still saying ...is Steve in the building

Latest posts

Back