Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wondering here but couldn't they have put him onto one of their other shows,given him a co presenter to help him if he struggled..wean him in that way for a few months to get him to thungs,then he could do a full show on gems?

Pete has only been on for 10 minutes and he's at it already.

He's just sold a bi-colour Tanzanite ring for £399.99 and told viewers to get it valued because "you're looking at thousands of pounds" here.

That's a blatant Bid TV habit and one that could see the ASA taking action over if that claim can't be backed-up with evidence that it could be worth a lot more than they paid for it.

NONE of the other presenters make claims like that, and it's bad that he's making a very trustworthy company look bad by spoiling the image and openness of the channel.

I really like Gems TV. I really dislike Peter's awful sales speil.

saw that Tanzanite ring too. I see bad things happening in the not too distant future for Gems.

But he does seem to shift the stock; some folk must like him out there...

wondering here but couldn't they have put him onto one of their other shows,given him a co presenter to help him if he struggled..wean him in that way for a few months to get him to thungs,then he could do a full show on gems?

Peter? With an assistant? Given the way he treated them at Bid I'm sure his ego wouldn't allow him to even entertain that scenario at Gems.

Pete has only been on for 10 minutes and he's at it already.

He's just sold a bi-colour Tanzanite ring for £399.99 and told viewers to get it valued because "you're looking at thousands of pounds" here.

That's a blatant Bid TV habit and one that could see the ASA taking action over if that claim can't be backed-up with evidence that it could be worth a lot more than they paid for it.

NONE of the other presenters make claims like that, and it's bad that he's making a very trustworthy company look bad by spoiling the image and openness of the channel.

I really like Gems TV. I really dislike Peter's awful sales speil.

I know he had to shift some truly appalling tat at Bid, so Gems must seem like Wonderland to him, but this is dreadful, even by the wily old buzzard's low standards.

It sounds tonight as if he is following what's being said in his ear - and not very well, the delay is really excruciatingating. the aquamarine "is a delight" apparently. I always buy a ring because "it is a delight". The apatite is "a morning sunset of colour". It creates "an absolute impact of beauty" It's "a feeling like you've never seen". It's got "the beauty of an early spring morn".

How much can anyone take of this?

I've just spat my coffee out laughing..:mysmilie_15: " now then, this is the most famous of Amethyst.....( looks at ring on hand, looks at rest of jewellery, vacant expression on face, puts ring in hand back, fiddles about for the right ring) this is a Sokoto Aquamarine" Oh Peter, Gerroff!!! and what the heck has a Mediterrean sky got to do with a London Blue Topaz???? "west bidders you must checkout" err, dya mean WEB bidders??? "the linens, the cotton lawns" "it lifts the wrist" "not only, not only, not only " etc etc etc:mysmilie_14:

Last edited:
Now it's Himalayan kyanite. "The blue is the fire of ice".

I suppose if he shifts stock then Steve Bennett doesn't care - it makes a laughing stock of all their "training" though.

Never having seen this presenter, last night I decided to see what all the comments were about. I lasted a couple of minutes and cannot believe that the Bennetts have employed him. I can only imagine that they are interested in Bid's customers and are using him to lure them across to Gemporia.
A jewellery channel needs to be completely trustworthy as they are often selling high end pieces and I don't want to buy from someone who sounds like a very dodgy market trader or second hand car salesman who spouts complete rubbish. One of the most astonishing decisions ever and how sad that in the search for profits, Gemporia should stoop to this.

Never having seen this presenter, last night I decided to see what all the comments were about. I lasted a couple of minutes and cannot believe that the Bennetts have employed him. I can only imagine that they are interested in Bid's customers and are using him to lure them across to Gemporia.
A jewellery channel needs to be completely trustworthy as they are often selling high end pieces and I don't want to buy from someone who sounds like a very dodgy market trader or second hand car salesman who spouts complete rubbish. One of the most astonishing decisions ever and how sad that in the search for profits, Gemporia should stoop to this.

Welcome to the world of Peter Simon! :mysmilie_17:

As an ex-Bid fan we've had to put up with the shenanigans for a long time. Everything he says on Gems has been done to death already on Bid.tv. It's pretty much a repeat of a repeat of a repeat. :mysmilie_51:

I stayed up for the footie last night so thought I would hop over to Gems to have a look at the leg end that is DP and he's worse than ever. He's way out of his depth on this channel. It didn't matter so much on Bid as the items were as rubbish as him but this is a class set up and he just isn't!!

His hands, although were always well manicured on Bid, are offputting with the magnified close ups. He laid a bracelet over the back of his hand, which was that red that it looked like it was lying on a lobster and made me feel queasy.....bleugh

Back to the footy I went......

Edit: I saw a bit of the changeover before he started too and he put his arm round the lady presenter that had just been on with Glenn and he rubbed his lobster hand up and down her arm. She didn't look comfortable with this. He used to do it on Bid and then when he thought the camera was off him, his silly smile turned into a scowl.

I stayed up for the footie last night so thought I would hop over to Gems to have a look at the leg end that is DP and he's worse than ever. He's way out of his depth on this channel. It didn't matter so much on Bid as the items were as rubbish as him but this is a class set up and he just isn't!! His hands, although were always well manicured on Bid, are offputting with the magnified close ups. He laid a bracelet over the back of his hand, which was that red that it looked like it was lying on a lobster and made me feel queasy.....bleugh Back to the footy I went...... Edit: I saw a bit of the changeover before he started too and he put his arm round the lady presenter that had just been on with Glenn and he rubbed his lobster hand up and down her arm. She didn't look comfortable with this. He used to do it on Bid and then when he thought the camera was off him, his silly smile turned into a scowl.

Like Krusty the Klown ...

Peter Simon was on giving us the benefit of his wide knowledge of the mining industry.... or he was trying to.... but the amount of times he cut his sentence's and even single words was amazing, so go on, have a look at this quick video of him we recorded, you wont believe it.
http://youtu.be/5E6sSreNfMw

Peter Simon was louder and clumsier than ever tonight. He seemed very rushed - and made a lot of pronunciation mistakes.

He's just finished, and now the lovely Lianna is on. Unfortunately, there was a problem with her mic so nobody could hear her for the first ten minutes.

She then apologised and said "there were two microphones - one that works, and one that is broken. I picked up the broken one by mistake".

Hopefully Peter Simon makes the same mistake next time he's on :mysmilie_505:

Peter Simon was on giving us the benefit of his wide knowledge of the mining industry.... or he was trying to.... but the amount of times he cut his sentence's and even single words was amazing, so go on, have a look at this quick video of him we recorded, you wont believe it.

Jeeeeez :mysmilie_466: and I thought he couldn't get any worse!

Thanks for recording earwig

Thanks earwig but you know what? I just can't criticise that extraorrrrdinary performance.

He's so inept it makes for fantastic telly. He sounds like a scratched CD :mysmilie_59:

His latest scam is to pretend that the tanzanite has been under graded.

'Now 'ang on 'ere-this says triple A-but it looks to me-I wish I 'ad me eye glass -but it looks to me that this could be the quadruple -now when you get this 'ome just get that grading checked , because in my opinion.............'

He's completely out of control and needs to be either reined in or booted out-I know which I'd go for.

Latest posts

Back