Launching Tonight On Sky Channel 682 - 8PM and www.theoutletchannel.tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Guys

The music won't be used again. We agree with you and its a library piece.

Peter Sherlock will be on your screens towards mid June in our prime time slots with Lisa. Carla will be guest presenting shortly!

Thanks so much for watching.

I was tempted by the kettle , but some items I am in the market for at the moment including a new mobile phone, possibly a laptop and an breakfast bar.

I was tempted by the kettle , but some items I am in the market for at the moment including a new mobile phone, possibly a laptop and an breakfast bar.

I think the plan is to bring a great mixture of products to you guys and of course the fun and entertainment. I loved recording for the outlet channel and can't wait to get behind these guys and help to bring it live to your living rooms. I do miss the live interaction with you guys and it is ross,s plans to hopefully bring that to you 24/7. I'm proud to be on board with this new channel and looking forward to working with my very good friend Peter Sherlock on future shows, I'm sure you guys will agree the products were great and branded and p&p was very fair, ps I really did love that Buddha as I seen a smaller one today for a lot more and it made me smile with satisfaction knowing that tonight I was bringing a much bigger one for a lower price, thanks again to the outlet channel for taking a chance on bringing to air what lots of the viewers have missed with some great products and the fact that they do listen to the most important people and that is you guys. Lots of love xxxx

that halogen oven was quite tempting acutally (just watching the feed on the website)

the streaming on the web needs to be a bit clearer as some of the writting on the bottom ticker was just too small to read but over all i enjoyed it

I think the plan is to bring a great mixture of products to you guys and of course the fun and entertainment. I loved recording for the outlet channel and can't wait to get behind these guys and help to bring it live to your living rooms. I do miss the live interaction with you guys and it is ross,s plans to hopefully bring that to you 24/7. I'm proud to be on board with this new channel and looking forward to working with my very good friend Peter Sherlock on future shows, I'm sure you guys will agree the products were great and branded and p&p was very fair, ps I really did love that Buddha as I seen a smaller one today for a lot more and it made me smile with satisfaction knowing that tonight I was bringing a much bigger one for a lower price, thanks again to the outlet channel for taking a chance on bringing to air what lots of the viewers have missed with some great products and the fact that they do listen to the most important people and that is you guys. Lots of love xxxx

You did really well Lisa, hopefully it can be live soon I did watch it quicker as I could forward on Youtube. Hopefully things can expand more products, larger set, more interaction with the crew and move onto Virgin and the ultimate goal Freeview.

The good thing is as it is on Youtube people can pick it up at anytime they are not limited to the 10 mins and next product.

The Insider is smelling far too much bull.... coming from this this Delboy outfit!

The picture and audio quality is terrible - it looks and sounds like it's been filmed in a broom cupboard, there are far too many professionals around to have to sacrifice with this low standard, I understand from another forum that they are using digital cameras to record their content. To say it will be HD from tomorrow is laughable as the channel they broadcast on isn't even a HD channel.

On Facebook they have claimed they have 19 people working in their call centre tonight in Lancashire and that all the lines were busy at one stage, they've posted a photo of what they are implying is their call centre, yet the reality is the image is of an out-sourcing call centre based in Norwich - if the image is of the people taking their calls, then they'll also be answering phone calls for other companies. Some shopping channels which are on Sky, Freesat, Virgin & Freeview don't have anywhere near as many operators as 19 at anyone time - they'll be lucky if they received a single order tonight.

Although some people will argue that you shouldn't give it a hard time when it's just starting up, in this day and age, first impressions count for everything. With big name channels disappearing off the air recently, you have to infuse confidence in viewers and shoddy presentations and bare faced lies made on Facebook and this website will not help secure it a future - using 6 figure item numbers is being wildly ambitious.

Oh and I've managed to find every item featured tonight, cheaper elsewhere - where's the outlet value? As for the RRP's I can't find evidence to substantiate these mark ups.

Last edited:
Thanks Insider for your comments, many of which are incorrect, but none the less you are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks Insider for your comments, many of which are incorrect, but none the less you are entitled to your opinion.

Maybe you should invite The Insider to visit your call centre when you are on air see for themself.

To be fair there are a lot of shopping channel sceptics at the moment for obvious reasons, it will take time to convince people I am sure Lisa would not be getting involved in another Bid if she did it would be the end of her reputation and of course with Outlet being a high street business it would most likely end those too.

So I think we have to assume that this is legit as I wouldn't want myself to be promoting this on other forums if they were not.

WOW I think you're being a bit harsh!!!

I don't think they are saying that it will be streamed in HD quality - it's that it will be filmed in HD so although the TV channel doesn't broadcast in HD, the original image quality will be better so will suffer less from the compression for broadcast!

I don't know about the call centre but you seem to know a bit more than you should ...

Maybe they just used 6 figure item numbers as it's the number they got from their supplier when ordering the product or for drop shipping purposes... it would probably make life a bit easier for them rather than making their own numbers up and then having to convert it and faff about every time they needed to order more stock!!

As for the RRP's I was sceptical myself but take a look :

Vacuum Cleaner

Currys : http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-a...acuum-cleaner-silver-orange-16842013-pdt.html

Vax Official Site : http://www.vax.co.uk/air3-upright-vacuum-cleaner

Sainsburys : http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/sho...-am-b-air-bagless-upright-vacuum-cleaner.html

Halogen Oven

Russell Hobbs site : http://uk.russellhobbs.com/russell-...aking/mini-ovens-hobs/halogen-oven-18537.html

Currys : http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...bbs-halogen-mini-oven-white-14643361-pdt.html

Wilkos : http://www.wilko.com/microwaves+mini-ovens/russell-hobbs-12l-halogen-oven-white-18537/invt/sr00017

^^

That took me 5 mins of googling, so either I think your googling skills aren't as good as you believe, or perhaps you're just someone who likes to beat down new companies!

Yes Graham I can 100% clarify and guarantee that our call centre is in Lancashire, and all of our operators were there this evening.

Maybe you should invite The Insider to visit your call centre when you are on air see for themself.

To be fair there are a lot of shopping channel sceptics at the moment for obvious reasons, it will take time to convince people I am sure Lisa would not be getting involved in another Bid if she did it would be the end of her reputation and of course with Outlet being a high street business it would most likely end those too.

So I think we have to assume that this is legit as I wouldn't want myself to be promoting this on other forums if they were not.

Maybe Outlet should address the points raised rather than putting a blanket over them

I'm not saying it's not legit but pointing out that they are making certain gaping statements that are entirely false and misleading and to be doing this on night 1 does not set a nice tone for their future.

If I wanted to see the call centre they implied on Facebook was theirs, I'd have a hard job finding those people in Lancashire as the photo is of Norse Commercial Services in Norwich:

http://www.norfolkchamber.co.uk/new...obs-created-norse-expands-norwich-call-centre

http://www.ncsgrp.co.uk/news_medway_norse_takes_over_more_council_services.htm

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/chamber-of-commerce

They are using Canon DSLR's not broadcast video cameras - hence the blury / bad quality footage:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...932_682324145172435_5188065898324834373_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...338_687304161341100_9083138717621887633_n.jpg

The Mall on Sky Channel 682 is a standard definition channel - so they won't be broadcasting in HD tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

The music won't be used again. We agree with you and its a library piece.

Peter Sherlock will be on your screens towards mid June in our prime time slots with Lisa. Carla will be guest presenting shortly!

Thanks so much for watching.

Not keen on double headers , Watched a bit on Youtube , pretty much the same products as Bid not much tat yet though , thought we had seen the end of The Buddhas , at least there is no sign yet of the worry angels .

Good luck anyway hope it goes well

You are quite right in suggesting that is not an image of our call centre - we never said it was ours and we do know it's a library image, but we never did actually say that the people in this image depicted were our operators.

The DSLR pictured was for still images only. Despite this Canon 5D Mk III's do film in 1080p anyway so even if we had used them to film this would not be the reason that we had blurry footage. The blurry image is down to the compression used to make the video meet the broadcasters specific requirements. All our footage is filmed in 1080p HD video and I am sure if you were to see some of our raw footage you would certainly not take the opinion that it is of bad quality.

In regards to lying about our studio location - if we were to lie do you not think we would choose a more salubrious place than Kirkham, Lancashire? If you look at our website we do offer a full address of our location and we are more than happy for you to come and visit our studios and head office if you wish. Feel free to email your details through to [email protected] and we can arrange this.

Can you clarify if the call centre is in Lancashire and that is where you were this evening?

Hi graham Hun. I personally can clarify that I was in Lancashire when that was recorded so tonight's footage was from Lancashire. The call centre side if things I can't personally clarify as this is not my department however if ross states that is where it is then that's where it must be. I really love working with ross and to follow up on the last comment about looking into the channel before I put my name to this is exactly what I did. I loved the fact that ross loved the old school bid where the fun factor was incorporated with big brands and this is what he wants to recreate for the viewers. I know some people have a go about some products and that is totally their rights however what I have learnt over the last 9 years is that if I'm demonstrating a product that isn't to my cup of tea it doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't love it and as presenter/demonstrator that is what I have to keep in mind. If I personally don't like the smell of a perfume I will tell you but that doesn't mean you won't like it ( much to my producers dismay lol) towards the end of bid days there was products that I wouldn't sell and I didn't think value for money. I'm sure on lots of products if you trowel the internet for hours you may get a product for a couple of pounds cheaper but I do feel honestly we are very competitive towards the high street and we proved that tonight and you also get the entertainment factor thrown in. I honestly love ross,s vision which is bring entertainment back of great live tv (may that be car crash then so be it but it is fun) with some great bargains. The best combination going in my humble opinion peeps xxxx

Just a small point...

The music is the same music pricedrop/bid used.

I would have thought the idea was to distance yourself from a defunct channel with so many ASA judgements etc

Using the same music is a mistake in my view.

Yes. Just as I feared. Ross didn't take any of my early ideas, and tips on board at all. Added to that, I don't see any reason for the viewer and shopper to wait so long for a price to appear on screen. I could say more, but he obviously isn't listening, so I wont waste my time.

Better Luck Next Time.

The thing to remember is you will got a lot of these types of comments and criticisms it is just how shopping tv is seen, so Ross and Lisa it is best not to get to heavily into one person's negatives or you will spend all your time dealing with the negatives and not building the business.

Even if it was the biggest, bestest, most loved channel in the world there will be critics it is the nature of the world.

You did a good job to start with, you came across professionally and it was a start, there is time to build it up and make it into a respectable, honest channel that people will come back to to watch and buy.

Take away the comments such as "the timing of the price on screen", the general appearance and the editing" etc and work on them.

Yes. Just as I feared. Ross didn't take any of my early ideas, and tips on board at all. Added to that, I don't see any reason for the viewer and shopper to wait so long for a price to appear on screen. I could say more, but he obviously isn't listening, so I wont waste my time.

Better Luck Next Time.

Hi shopatdrop - Watch tommorrow night at 8pm - no music, no waiting for the price and some great products . Some feedback was provided after recording certain products and transmission footage has to be provided in advance. Tommorrow's footage was filmed later and I think you will agree is different!

Latest posts

Back