Samsung and Canon camcorder.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saphire

Christine
A few weeks ago I bought the new samsung camcorder that was being demonstrated. The demonstartion was brilliant and after doing a price search on the web I found it to be cheaper on QVC and bought it.

The domonstration was in London looking up at the London eye then zooming in to the people in the gondola. The next scene was standing in a street looking at Nelsons column, zooming in to the staue at the top. The product I bought needed to be mounted on a very steady tripod, to achieve the results as demonstrated, if at all. However, yesterday they were demonstrating a Canon camcorder at twice the price, it was exactly the same footage taken from the same spot, at the same angle in London that was seemingly filmed by the Canon camcorder. It beggars belief that two products by diferent manufacturers were filmed at exactly the same time showing exactly the same people in the gondola in the london eye. Was either or both recorded on a professional camcorder and used to demonstrate two different products on QVC.
That is taking licence to treat a bridge to far.

Is there anything I should do, I don't know why but the camcorder has lost some of its glamour. I have tried and tried to hold it steady to get the sort of videos as was demonstarted but its impossible without a tripod, I thought it was just me.

When you are shooting something with the full zoom on you will need a tripod. Any movement you make will be amplified when the camera is on full zoom. To be honest this will happen with any camera you buy.
If you're happy with the camera overall, my advice would be to invest in a tripod as whatever you buy, you will have the same problem.
QVC really should have said that they were using a tripod to get those shots!

Thanks Miriam, I understand I have plenty of them.
Yes I can do it with a tripod but in the demonstration he said there was a little shake because he couldn't hold it steady, the shake was only slight and nothing like what I am experiencing. I do have a dv tape camcorder and have no trouble hand holding it at the same zoom its just the resolution isn't as good as this newer models and watching the Demo at the time I thought it was a great buy. But it does make me feel a little dissapointed that I was taken in by the Demo.

Quite possible that both cameras were tested at the same time - they do get the product before we do in order to plan. Though it would be interesting if we could see both clips side by side and see if there any dimensional differences.

Bit of advice when using tripods if you have anti-shake whilst using a tripod, switch it off! Quite obvious when you think about it.

Quite possible that both cameras were tested at the same time - they do get the product before we do in order to plan. Though it would be interesting if we could see both clips side by side and see if there any dimensional differences.

Bit of advice when using tripods if you have anti-shake whilst using a tripod, switch it off! Quite obvious when you think about it.

That is possible, when I first switched over to qvc I didn't realise they were demonstrating a different camera because of the video footage. I knew exactly what was coming next in the demo. It was only when they said Canon and shown the recorder I realised it was a different make. To late now to do anything about it I have had it for over the 30 days but it is naughty.

When using it try resting your elbow on somewhere and while holding the camcorder use your free hand to hold your wrist and grip , makes alot of difference than holding it freehand.

Hope that make sense ?

Latest posts

Back