QVC Times Article

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very amusing article! To be honest, I've always been puzzled by the spending power of stay at homes!!

Sorry if my comment offended. I wasn't referring to retired persons or those who cannot work because of ill health and wasn't even thinking of QVC in particular. I don't care who knows that I shop at QVC because I don't really enjoy traipsing around shops for hours on end. It's just that I see so many people in my small town who I know don't work (nor do their partners) and am amazed that they can afford some of the things that they have. In fact, some of them were at school with me, and have never worked in their lives. Makes you wonder sometimes.

I have been buying from QVC for over 13 years now in a variety of situations when I first started I was married to a high earner and could spend what ever I liked, now after a messy divorce and a lengthy illness/ disability I am still buying from QVC but in much reduced quantities. I am still shopping with them for the same reasons though, I live over 40 miles to the nearest shopping center, I like the 30 day MBG, usually the items are demonstrated or described in away no shop could ever afford to do, and I like to be able to shop as and when I like / need. I dont know of many department stores where I can buy my DD's Christmas present at 2.00 am on a Sunday morning and in a colour that is exclusive to that shop.:1::1:

Perhaps a little of topic but it's about time QVC had a massive shake up it is suppose tobe a SHOPPING CHANNEL,well this depends on which way you look at it as this channel
seems to sell products for woman only NOT GOOD ENOUGH Ofcom should get involved it should be made to sell products for both sexes or change it's name.
QVC is nothing like it was when it first started JR could confirm this in those days you had a wide choice of products if the high street stores behaved in this manner they would be had under the sex decrimination act.

Have you never seen diy on sunday?????

All the gadget and techy shows these are really aimed at men.

And surely all the cookware, bedding, garden and home stuff is for a house which possibly both sexes live in - I assume men use bedding etc - Anthony is always talking about his Northern Nights!

Yes I agree that there are a lot of shows aimed at women with the fashion and beauty - but just go to the high street and see how many womans clothes shops there are to each mans one. And how big the mens section in say Debenhams is compared to the several floors of ladies clothes. Maybe you could start sex descrimination against these stores........

why dont you drop the journalist in question a line? she published her e-mail address in the artice so clearly invites comment...
[email protected]

i'm sure she'd love to hear your views! :54:

Latest posts

Back