Refunds not being processed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicola Roche

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else failing to have their refunds processed from R&C?

I understand they made the unpopular decision to "utilise the full 30 days in their t&c's" in the past year, but when I emailed to ask when I should expect mine, they initially stated they aim to refund by week 3 and to ring back for progress if not completed by then.

It wasn't, so I did, and was met with the brick wall of "we take 30 days because it's our policy".

I hit 30 days tomorrow, but someone I know has now passed the 30 days and cannot get them to process the refund, so I am genuinely concerned that they are withholding all refunds for worrying reasons.

I have two more refunds pending in the next month, and another order due to be sent to me in the next week, and I am concerned something really bad is happening and I may never see my money again.

Hi Nicola. This is a sad situation that is repeating itself again and again. I will never buy from them again due to similar problems. They do not appear to conform to the new European Distant selling regs which entitles everyone to payment within 14 days. I would suggest you talk to the trading standards at your local council. However I would read very closely the T & C's for Rocks as I believe that every Creation piece is exempt (Para 5.4 I think from memory.) This I believe is unfair and should be stopped as you have effectively no right to cancel whatsoever and once you have paid you cannot get your money back.
I hope you do receive your money back. But the channel gives me the impression that the clearance sales are really closing down sales.

Thanks Inspiration,

Day 30 today and I phoned them to be told that they can see from my account that my 30 days are up, but their accounts team have a backlog and there are no management in, and customer services cannot process any refunds without management approving.

I am so upset, I am 37 weeks pregnant, and they owe me thousands of pounds. I am aware of my local trading standards office and will speak to them, but the stress of their disgraceful behaviour is not what I need at this time.

Thanks Inspiration,

Day 30 today and I phoned them to be told that they can see from my account that my 30 days are up, but their accounts team have a backlog and there are no management in, and customer services cannot process any refunds without management approving.

I am so upset, I am 37 weeks pregnant, and they owe me thousands of pounds. I am aware of my local trading standards office and will speak to them, but the stress of their disgraceful behaviour is not what I need at this time.

This is a badly run company, if one person is sick or on holiday that deals with returns there is nobody else to cover, which means you suffer, they have taken your cash there is no urgency to return it, please avoid this company

Terrible customer service, terrible presenters (john scott i urge you to quit this place) wish this channel just disappear.

Thanks Inspiration,

Hi

Sorry that you are feeling dissatisfied, please contact our customer service team to assist you with your query.

Call us on: 0800 107 35 35
Email us: [email protected]

Kind Regards
Rocks & Co.

It is nice of you to come and post, but as you can see from the OP post, they already called and didn't get anywhere, or is that a special number that has someone who can help?

PJ

Hi

Sorry that you are feeling dissatisfied, please contact our customer service team to assist you with your query.

Call us on: 0800 107 35 35
Email us: [email protected]

Kind Regards
Rocks & Co.

In the 13 years of running this site this has to be one of the least thought out posts that any company has posted.

Nicola posted:

"Day 30 today and I phoned them to be told that they can see from my account that my 30 days are up, but their accounts team have a backlog and there are no management in, and customer services cannot process any refunds without management approving"

So maybe "Rocksandco team" would like to post again with something that will help the customer rather than in my opinion just ignoring what YOUR customer had to say.

In the 13 years of running this site this has to be one of the least thought out posts that any company has posted.

Nicola posted:

"Day 30 today and I phoned them to be told that they can see from my account that my 30 days are up, but their accounts team have a backlog and there are no management in, and customer services cannot process any refunds without management approving"

So maybe "Rocksandco team" would like to post again with something that will help the customer rather than in my opinion just ignoring what YOUR customer had to say.

Just out of interest Graham (and I am not asking for their email) did this person sign into this site with an official company email or could it be a fake person? In a way I hope they are fake else it doesn't bode well if they are R&C's customer "service"

PJ

Hi all,

Thought I should update that I have now had my issue dealt with by a very helpful lady who took the bull by the horns.

Thank you for all your comments and advice. I'm relieved it is all sorted.

I have had the same experience of delayed refunds this year. Rocks does not appear to be making refunds unless the customer prompts them to do so. It is day 36 and I am still waiting for a refund. I sent an email 2 days ago and got no reply. I chased by phone yesterday and was told that payment would be made shortly. I called again today and was told that the Customer Services team were waiting for the Accounting team to confirm the refund and it should be early next week. When I asked for the Accounting team to be called directly to process the refund as "early next week" was not good enough, the operator said that was not possible!

I am worried that Rocks is sailing very close to the wind with the way it operates its finances and business operations and is not making sufficient provision for its debts. I doubt I am the only person in this situation from the set response I received from the Customer Services team. It looks like I will have contact Trading Standards next week........

I'm so fed up with having to wait for refunds. 40 days ... and no reply to emails. On screen they are trumpeting their new management team who are supposedly bringing positive changes. They'd better start with their accounting practices. But I've had it - I'm not buying anything else from them. :mysmilie_51:

I called again today and was told that the Customer Services team were waiting for the Accounting team to confirm the refund and it should be early next week. When I asked for the Accounting team to be called directly to process the refund as "early next week" was not good enough, the operator said that was not possible!

I nearly fell off my chair when i read this! Accounting team? The refunds are processed by the warehouse - The returns are stacked in boxes based on the day they were returned. A member of the warehouse team will then refund each item - It's one of the longest processes i've ever witnessed for returns.

What infuriates me is the company doesn't have one ounce of professionalism. In fairness to the customer service team, people like Kamal and Seema are good people, they are encouraged to lie by the powers above them.

They will never realise that good customer service, keeping customers happy improves sales. My guess is that the cost of freeview and the inability to keep up with Gems and Jewellery channel is crippling the company.

Take it from me, they have a far superior quality of gem stone, but they only care about £££ and not about the customers. I've never seen a management team like it - They like to work on a 'shotgun' basis.

They have no accounts team, just a fat bald guy who sits around watching the parade go buy in a big glass office - Ask them for an accounts team members name.. They are so short staffed in the warehouse and overworked that they have no chance.

Andrew Jablonski can do refunds, Michelle Duggins also Wayne Pasco. Put some pressure on them, and if you're not happy just say "go walk 25 yards to the warehouse and ask them process the refund"

Last edited:
I sometimes like the look of their jewellery but I would never buy it because of the problems highlighted here. There is no guarantee that the item you buy will look like the one in the studio or be made properly - then if you want to return it there seems no guarantee that you will ever be refunded. I'm also suspicious of all those young girls with swingy blonde locks chatting away with such great authority as if they even know what they were talking about.

I finally got an email saying that there are delays in refunding at the moment and to be patient! Cheek! It prompted me to look at consumer rights for distance selling. According to Which, apparently under the new Consumer Contracts Regulations, one of the three key facts is that you should get a refund from the retailer within 14 DAYS of cancelling goods or services or within 14 DAYS of returning goods to the trader. So Rocks's 30 day policy (plus as many extra days as they feel like adding) seems to be on shaky ground. Also Rocks appears to have no formal complaints procedures other than customer services who seem to be powerless. It's also notable that they have no customer feedback channel, unlike Gems who welcome feedback and act on any dissatisfaction by calling you.

I agree that the overall quality of Rocks' gems is better, but they seriously need to sort out their management and processes. Rant over...for now!

I nearly fell off my chair when i read this! Accounting team? The refunds are processed by the warehouse - The returns are stacked in boxes based on the day they were returned. A member of the warehouse team will then refund each item - It's one of the longest processes i've ever witnessed for returns.

What infuriates me is the company doesn't have one ounce of professionalism. In fairness to the customer service team, people like Kamal and Seema are good people, they are encouraged to lie by the powers above them.

They will never realise that good customer service, keeping customers happy improves sales. My guess is that the cost of freeview and the inability to keep up with Gems and Jewellery channel is crippling the company.

Take it from me, they have a far superior quality of gem stone, but they only care about £££ and not about the customers. I've never seen a management team like it - They like to work on a 'shotgun' basis.

They have no accounts team, just a fat bald guy who sits around watching the parade go buy in a big glass office - Ask them for an accounts team members name.. They are so short staffed in the warehouse and overworked that they have no chance.

Andrew Jablonski can do refunds, Michelle Duggins also Wayne Pasco. Put some pressure on them, and if you're not happy just say "go walk 25 yards to the warehouse and ask them process the refund"

Thanks, Oracle, for confirming what I suspected about the refund mechanism and management team. I finally received my refund on day 43; notified by a member of the Customer Services team. As demonstrated by other forum members' experience, Rocks & Co has shown contempt for its customers by flouting consumer protection regulations. Is it pursuing a high risk strategy which results in cashflow shortages or is it an ailing company that is losing out to its competitors? I don't know but I don't think I want to risk my money at present and remain a customer.

I think we are all grateful for other forum members posting concerns about various channels poor quality of customer care. It is a shame more unsuspecting potential customers are not knowing about what type of outfit they may be encountering. I know there is a lot of banter here, but none the less it is frustrating trying to chase up C.S on the phone and nothing is being done about it especially when a refund is concerned. Rant over - normal conditions now apply!:mysmilie_17:

I think rocksandco won't make 7 years old, by the way things are going. No john scott this week, john scott we know you read this forum, i think you should leave or get sacked. You can do better than this. They are treating customers and certain presenters badly sort it out rocksandco before you go bust. Shopping channels except gems, tjc and qvc are in crisis.

Latest posts

Back