Lulu Guinness TSV 16/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£15 p&p? I thought it was one charge of £4.95? That doesn't sound good. I don't begrudge paying any amount postage to LG as they all come boxed, beautifully wrapped in tissue paper, with a little LG sticker fastening it, and every bit of the bag is covered for protection - even the tag!! I have a job getting the plastic off the handle rings!

My Suzy was out of stock. I had it in my basket for a few hours while I dithered then it went out of stock. I was gutted! I even rang them to check, and did the 'notify me when back in stock' thing. I checked the next couple of days and on the 3rd day it was in stock! I never got the email though. It doesn't look like a return, unless someone received it, decided they didn't like it and sent it straight bag, untouched.

I have noticed that their online customer service has gone downhill. I used to email them a query and hear back the same day, the next day at the latest. They also used to ring and follow up with an email. I had to cancel a bag (ordered the wrong Nicola initially!) When I rang I spoke to the Sales team, and they passed the message on. This has happened in the past, and where I have wanted to change my order etc, I always used to get a call and an email. Now I get nothing, I just kept checking my account and 4 days later it showed as cancelled.

I am sure that Sales/CS used to be in one of her stores. I always used to speak to the same lovely girl, who was very helpful. Now it seems like they have a mini call centre and warehouse elsewhere - I have noticed the return address is different. Guess these things happen the bigger a company becomes.

Anyway...! What colour Pollyanna did you go for Andik?!

I was originally drawn in by the black leather Pollyanna with the black and white striped frame. But much as I still love it, I decided to go for the black patent as I don't have a black patent bag in my (far too big) collection and I always associate LG with it. I also bought a couple of T Seam pouch sets as I gather they come boxed and one is for a gift which I know my friend will love. By the way, what's a T Seam pouch, anyone?

Interesting what you say about their customer services. I imagined you would get a really top notch service from a company like this. I am not really bothered but thought it a bit odd that the only correspondence I have had about my order since the initial acknowledgement email is an email today from Seko Synergy saying my order is coming tomorrow but it doesn't say who it's from and I'm expecting a few deliveries at the moment. I have worked out it must be the LG order but weird it doesn't say.

I am still blown away by the discounts on the LG site. Are their sales always this good?

i went on there and its gone, so I'm assuming it sold out so I've found it on Q instead... i got it for £125! SOOO happy!
http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-...ml?sc=NVSTPHL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-9-_-117546

I also got these to go with it, i really love the one with the eyelashes haha..
http://www.luluguinness.com/sale/sale-all/black-eyelash-stripe-pouch-set

Ah, that's the pouch set I went for, CallMeQ. Looks lovely. I only just noticed the eyelashes on the black one! I assumed it meant the zip pull had eyelashes. Anyway, great price, eh? 70% off! QVC take note.

If you can get to Bicester Village Lulu Guinness has a store where the prices are always discounted. I got the medium Jenny in black nappa leather for £103.50. Full price is anywhere between £285 and £300. Its such a fab bag and has the stripe lining that I much prefer to the lip lining that her QVC bags have.

If you can get to Bicester Village Lulu Guinness has a store where the prices are always discounted. I got the medium Jenny in black nappa leather for £103.50. Full price is anywhere between £285 and £300. Its such a fab bag and has the stripe lining that I much prefer to the lip lining that her QVC bags have.

I keep saying I will go there. Isn't it all seconds? Not that it would stop me if things look ok and the price is good.

Bicester shop sells discounted items. I go in when I am there but do not buy as the handbags are too heavy for me. Keep hoping I will find a lighter one.

Hi,

Bicester usually sells "last seasons stock", not seconds.

With high fashion items is a high turnaround in styles, and they dont like to keep "old" (sometimes only 6 months old) stock in their posh London shops!

Cheers,
karen

Hi,

Bicester usually sells "last seasons stock", not seconds.

With high fashion items is a high turnaround in styles, and they dont like to keep "old" (sometimes only 6 months old) stock in their posh London shops!

Cheers,
karen

Thanks. Bearing in mind I buy hardly anything "fashion" while it's full price, so it's unlikely to be the most current range, I think a trip to Bicester is called for!

Definitely not seconds at Bicester. They don't even sell you the bags on display. They checked the bag over and asked me to do the same. All the zip pulls and the straps were still covered in tissue paper.

It was definitely last season's stock though as now the Jenny in the nappa leather only comes in the large lip print or the single lip print ... mine is the same as the patent Jenny on QVC.

If you do feel the bags are too heavy, the Jenny is worth a try as its a very simple oblong shape with very little hardware and no extra pockets or metal frame.

Also in the smaller lip print its quite understated and doesn't scream quirky which some of her bags do. I do like quirky but I prefer classic if I'm parting with £100 or more.

On the other hand, some of the designs are very recognisable, and it does give you a bit of a boost to have someone cooing over youre bag when youre out!

Cheers,
Karen

I used my cream patent Jenny today!! Lots of coos, haha! Oh I'm afraid I do love my LG bags.

Andik I have also just realised that I haven't received order acknowledgment emails - same as you, just Seko. Not good really, especially in comparison to how it used to be. I am guessing they've 'shipped out' their online sales to some other company. Shame really.

My items also always come with DPD. They are the best courier! You can track your parcel on the day (interactive map, you can see where the driver is!!), and you get the chance the day before to change the delivery date or address.

I would love to go and have a nose in Bicester. I will have to Google it to see how far away it is. Road trip!!

I agree the Jenny is a lovely bag and is not too heavy. I have it in black and electric blue, I do love the franka but it seems so heavy before you put anything in it. I have been to Bicester once and had a nose at the LG pop up shop have not been since they went into a normal shop, but agree with Tinkerbelle, they certainly are not seconds but old seasons stock, and the staff were very good, reading the posts on here makes me want to pay it another visit!
I quite like the look of "Edie" in the new range on LG's website :giggle:

I used my cream patent Jenny today!! Lots of coos, haha! Oh I'm afraid I do love my LG bags.

Andik I have also just realised that I haven't received order acknowledgment emails - same as you, just Seko. Not good really, especially in comparison to how it used to be. I am guessing they've 'shipped out' their online sales to some other company. Shame really.

My items also always come with DPD. They are the best courier! You can track your parcel on the day (interactive map, you can see where the driver is!!), and you get the chance the day before to change the delivery date or address.

I would love to go and have a nose in Bicester. I will have to Google it to see how far away it is. Road trip!!

My Pollyanna came today. You are right about DPD/Seko - I received an email from them to say it would be with me between 10 and 11 am. It was - very impressed. Oh, and I did receive an email from LG direct late last night, pointing me to the DPD tracking page. The couriers were just a bit more on the ball!

As for the bag - my first LG, as I say - I love it. It is much heavier than I thought and although I would obviously rather it were lighter, it's not the end of the world. The only negative is the clasp which is really hard to open. I tore a nail trying. Anyone know if there's a knack?

Ah, you must be delighted with it! I have always loved the Pollyanna but it's too big for me, I prefer a smaller bag. Therefore, no advice on the clasp sorry!

I have just spotted the mink Amelia in clearance. Have been coveting this for a while. I have the black and it is my favourite Lulu ever! However, at £291 it's hardly a bargain. Wish Q would reflect the manufacturer/designer sales prices.

I must not....:mysmilie_11:

I agree the Jenny is a lovely bag and is not too heavy. I have it in black and electric blue, I do love the franka but it seems so heavy before you put anything in it. I have been to Bicester once and had a nose at the LG pop up shop have not been since they went into a normal shop, but agree with Tinkerbelle, they certainly are not seconds but old seasons stock, and the staff were very good, reading the posts on here makes me want to pay it another visit!
I quite like the look of "Edie" in the new range on LG's website :giggle:

Oooh, have always wanted an electric blue Jenny too! Lucky you :mysmilie_14: I almost bought one on e bay but it was too 'worn'

Ah, you must be delighted with it! I have always loved the Pollyanna but it's too big for me, I prefer a smaller bag. Therefore, no advice on the clasp sorry!

I have just spotted the mink Amelia in clearance. Have been coveting this for a while. I have the black and it is my favourite Lulu ever! However, at £291 it's hardly a bargain. Wish Q would reflect the manufacturer/designer sales prices.

I must not....:mysmilie_11:

Indeed I am delighted! I could not stop looking at it at first and then posing with it in front of the mirror! Nobody saw me, fortunately! It is not too big for me - I have a lot bigger. The one I have is the "Mid" - is there a small and a large as well?

Hmmm, yes, lovely as the Amelia might be, £291 is a bit steep!

Glad i looked on here, i have been getting lots of emails about my seko energy order and it worried me... but i know its LG now - coming today can't wait!!

Latest posts

Back