QVC Disciplines Presenters For Mistakes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cariad

Registered Shopper
I am just watching a Liz Earle presentation with Alison Young and she says to Caroline that she has just finished a two day ban, for saying or doing something wrong on a Friday night. These are old clips as we know, but this one doesn't look that old. I'm sure I've heard someone mention a one week ban in the past too. Ali said on this LE show that she is surprised they had her back after her slip up, and was shocked she only got another ban.

Does anyone know if this really does happen? If so, what do the presenters have to do to deserve it? I've heard some of them slip up with naughty words sometimes, but that's just accidental and inevitable with having to keep finding things to say. Surely they can't be punished so severely for that?

I would imagine Alison young was trying to be funny, If Qvc were that strict she wouldn't be mentioning that shes just had a two day ban on air would she.

How could she possibly say something wrong, she knows it all, she is our resident beauty expert! :wink:

A highly unprofessional comment and shows a lack of loyalty and a huge dollop of arrogance to think she can get away with saying that. Whether it's true or not, it shows her up in a bad light.

I think they should ban her for making a joke about being banned. Seriously if she had said anything bad enough to be banned she wouldn't make light of it on air. Would she?

AY acts a bit twisted at times. She thinks she`s being funny. She once spent a whole show belittling Will and threatening to sack him. It`s a power thing with her and she says such things as they`d ban her off air for making a mistake but what she`s really saying is I am the GREAT Alison Young and they wouldn`t dare ban me/discipline me etc.

Don't believe it for a moment.

The amount of crap that comes out of quite a few of presenters' mouths the screens would be blank for days.:mysmilie_59:

Donna, my thoughts exactly - but crap to us is probably Q's idea of the ultimate sales pitch. Maybe it was because she was nearly honest for once!

I too have got the impression that Ms Young considers herself irreplaceable and therefore untouchable.

Remember the big out cry when she slapped Alexis, loads complained to QVC.

Wonder if it was that?????

I thought it was Lee from Bareminerals she slapped , or has she been happy slapping again lol ?

If my memory serves me right, I think she once gave Alexis a kick under the table and Alexis actually exclaimed that it had hurt.

I'd ban many permanently for different reasons - Alison Young for her screechy voice and manner, Jill Franks for being fake, vacuous and annoying, Ann Dawson for the voice, Charlie Brook for being insincere, Chloe Everton for being too common, that horrid nasty little man that makes a mess on carpet tiles, that fat bloke who sells TV sets, and probably many more!

Thanks for the replies :) I think I must be seriously naive, because I thought she was telling the truth about the ban. Seems I'm in the minority. I'm gullible lol ;-)

Did Alison really slap Alexis? OMG! I must have missed that! Mind you i'd like to slap Alexis, and Alison Young and Jill Franks lol!

Latest posts

Back