Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up









    Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

    Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

    Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

    Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

    Read More

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      93
      Post Thanks / Like

      Lightbulb Fresh start for The Outlet Channel?

      According to posts on the official facebook page of The Outlet Channel, they will be making a return to The Mall, Sky Digital Channel 682, in late September. Whats-more, in communication with viewer Garry Vaux via Facebook, the channel revealed that they are introducing changes to the format following feedback from viewers and the public.

      "The fact we are changing the format of the channel shows we do listen, and have listened to many viewers, who have let their feelings be known, and let us know what direction they believe the channel should go in. We have listened to this and we are adjusting."

      This is great news and it is reassuring to learn that perhaps our comments didn't fall on deaf ears after all!

      I think that maybe Ross should come back onto the forum to keep us all in the loop, and I certainly think that maybe we could all have a fresh start and maybe get behind this venture, after all, how many of the other shopping channels actually go to great lengths to not only listen to our feedback, but communicate with us openly on this forum? How many Managing Directors do that? Credit to Ross for actually participating on this forum when he did.

      I don't mind admitting that I gave Ross quite a hard time on here, but it did, at times, feel like I was banging my head against a brick wall. After careful consideration, I have concluded that some of the answers we got on here came across in the wrong way because Ross was simply defending his brand and reputation of the start-up company, and quite rightly so having put so much time and money into putting the new service on air. I think in reality where things went wrong was that the feedback only started arriving after the service launched, by which time everything was already pre-recorded and it was too late to implement any
      changes. Ross was probably equally as frustrated that changes couldn't be implemented quickly.

      I was too harsh and judgmental, and for that I owe and will happily offer an apology. It will be interesting and exciting to see which direction the channel takes in the future, and I hope that Ross can perhaps consider signing back up to the forum to interact with us all once again. Maybe this time we can all work together to help shape the quality of the output while it is in the stages of production? If you really love shopping channels, and if you are a member of this forum I am sure that you do love or at least enjoy shopping channels, I am sure that helping a channel is something you would all love to do and would take pride in? So, again to Ross if you are reading this, how about launching an interactive focus group? Something potential viewers and customers can join in with to help the channel?

      I know some people on here won't agree with me on this, and perhaps will ask why I have suddenly changed my attitude, but I think instead of being critical of broadcasts, we actually have (did have) a good opportunity to work directly with a shopping channel to help improve it and make it better for viewer and customer alike, but we blew it and pushed that chance away. It would be a shame to lose that chance if we had it again.

      On a side note, I admit have been overly critical in the past, not just with Outlet but about other newer channels too, but I believe in helping others, not working against them. When I post comments on here, I do so as genuine feedback and concern rather than being harsh for the sake of it. We all have opinion, and it shouldn't be a bad thing to share it, and to get balanced views in the process, but admittedly when new concepts and companies are being launched and tested, some degree of patience and sensitivity should be applied as everyone learns from mistakes, and perfection does take time to achieve. I know that now, and future participation from me on here will reflect that new understanding and attitude. I believe in positivity and working towards achieving success. I certainly don't want to be negative or perceived as being so, and looking back, I feel I didn't exactly articulate my comments in the best possible way on this forum at times.





      ----

      Regarding The Outlet Channel, this is some of what appeared on facebook:
      (And in case anyone wonders or asks, no, I am not Garry Vaux or Stephen Bennett)

      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Vaux
      It just seems a bit amateurish. Surely you would have a business plan mapped out in the first instance, with projections of expected profit/loss to help secure funding, products, air time, presenters etc and to discard it within a couple of weeks shows how flimsy those plans must have been in the first instance. You say you're listening to feedback but shouldn't you have done some research to begin with?
      Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Bennett
      Totally agree with you. Were no lessons learned from bid tv. The out let channel looked amateurish when they were on air. Why take the website offline as well.
      Quote Originally Posted by The Outlet Channel
      Apologies here Garry if this may seem a bit aggressive, but I really don't think you're accounting whatsoever the enormous cost and technical implications of setting up a project like this. You can't set up a profit/loss forecast based on nothing. How would we ever predict how many sales we would get when firstly, the mall channel 682 is unable to provide viewing figures for whatever reason, and secondly, we can't assume that people would trust us, and therefore buy. It would have been a waste of time. Our film perhaps looked amateurish because we had to outsource production to another company. The expense of hiring out a studio and production kit quickly runs into £000's. It would not be wise business at all to plough so much money into something which you cannot guarantee will work. The fact we are changing the format of the channel shows we do listen, and have listened to many viewers, who have let their feelings be known, and let us know what direction they believe the channel should go in. We have listened to this and we are adjusting. Stephen we can't learn a great deal of lessons from Bid as they were on a completely different scale to us. They had cameras which cost £15,000 each +. We can't compare ourselves to them as we simply had nowhere near the financial means they did. We took the website offline because we are changing the format and therefore had stopped stocking products which we sold. We sold the final ones and didn't order any more from suppliers. Therefore the website would have been full of out of stock products. I am sure you'll agree that this would have looked awful.
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Vaux
      I can totally appreciate the effort needed to launch a project from scratch, but if there were such enormous cost and technical implications to setting up such a project, then I would have thought you would have put in the research beforehand as to what viewers would like to see so you didn't have to end up pulling it off air after a couple of weeks and subsequently making yourself look amateurish, that was the point I was trying to put across. Please consider it as further feedback.
      Quote Originally Posted by The Outlet Channel
      We did put research in, and that's why we believe we put a decent set of products to air, varying across the homewares category. We also had gardening essentials for anyone with green fingers. Thank-you for the feedback. Also it's worth noting that however much research you put in the expected outcome will not always actually occur. For example our research showed that high quality high ticket branded products (for example, the Vax Hooaver) would sell the best, whereas in reality , our best selling product from the Lisa show was a £14.99 solar buddha light.
      Likes redraw liked this post
       

    2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    3. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      93
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Some info, maybe even an update from The Outlet Channel would be nice. I would like to hear from anyone who actually contacted or bought anything from The Outlet Channel; was it a good experience? Were you satisfied with the service? How did you find out about the channel? I want to know how things were perceived from a customers perspective. Other than the info that was on the now inactive facebook page, and the posts on this forum, I didn't see the channel mentioned anywhere else. (Although I think it did get a brief mention on the Digital Spy forum and perhaps TV Forum, but I cannot remember for sure)






      › See More: Fresh start for The Outlet Channel?

    •   Alt

      Advertising

      advertising

        
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •