Strictly is nearly here!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Hope this is as good as usual considering the changes they have made.

Sorry, won't miss BF, well past his best before date, those awful jokes and pitiful auto que technic but in mourning for Artim my all time fav professional. Artim and Kara make me think of Fred & Ginger.

Looking at the celeb lineup, I'm guessing its a series they're saving money on at the BBC. Usual selection of breakfast TV presenters and popstars seeking a comeback/flagging career/older generation and the token oversized celeb. On the other hand, it might be good as there isn't many big name celebs dominating. Not looking forward to the cringing comments by Claudia Winkleman and ever cardboard cutout Tess Daly.

Oh and 15 of them this year? Looks like they're expecting one to drop out...

I think they could have got a better BF replacement than the Winkle person, I can't stand her ditzy persona, thank gawd they put her upstairs and not given her the main job. I have got sky+ so I will not be listening to her. I love SCD but I do think they will lose some viewers this year...

Gosh I am the odd one out here! I LOVE CW, who is a very very clever lady despite the dippy persona she uses on TV.

I like an even playing field for the celebs and get annoyed when they put 70 year olds up against 20's when we all know that it is only a ploy to give the young uns a few more weeks of practice before they are in the running for the dance off. Also get annoyed when hoofers in west end shows are up against rank beginners.

Sometimes the least likely can surprise us. Personally not keen on sportspeople, I quite like the underdog just as long as they don't turn into a comedy act (AW and NdO), and they really try to improve.

Actually, apart from Darren Gough I have liked all the eventual winners even if my personal favourite was perhaps knocked out in the last week.

Kara, Harry, Ramps and Tom just wonderful.

Can't wait for Strictly! Must admit I quite like Claudia W too,LATI.

Brendan O'Carroll's real life wife Jenny (who plays his dd in Mrs Brown's Boys) could be one to watch.

Yes, I like Claudia and Tess.

I could not believe Jenny was 57!!!!! Well that is her official age according to the BBC and they should know.

In a good or bad way? At least she seems to have a better sense if humour than Andy and she should be a hard worker.

In a good way, I swear I thought she was around early mid forties and perhaps his second wife. No she is the one and only wife, Buster in the show is one of their sons, Brendan is 59 and I thought a lot older than Jenny.

I always liked Claudia on ITT and then Zoe took over. There is no way Claudia could handle the main presenting job, Tess is smooth and sails along doing it.

I loved the sheer terror in the eyes of the female pros, when they picked who got the Bargain Hunt man.:mysmilie_15:

Did anyone notice Natalie give Jake a wink when he was standing waiting to see his partner. Makes me think he must be fun and they like him.

No comments about last night then??

Jake very good tango, hated the music. I think he will be one to watch.

Judy seemed to collapse or something at the end of her waltz.

Pixie as expected was good. Caroline as well.

I predict Frankie from the Saturdays to win as she showed real musicality. I have already chalked up my no hopers and as much as I like him, I couldn't help but think Steve would be happier dancing with a crocodile.

I felt sorry for Jenny as I thought the jive was difficult for a first dance.
Tango is my favourite second only to AT so I would have liked it to a bit further down the line when they were more experienced but admit the ones who did it had nothing to be ashamed about. They kept it well together for most of the dance. Really enjoyed.
Frankie seemed to be a natural, hope she can put in the time necessary to give it 100&.
Don't know who Caroline is but she put in a good show considering first out on the first show - nerve wracking or whst.
The rugby player (David?) was too tall for his partner, (why do they not match them height wise I'll never understand)will need to straighten up and lead a bit more. Goes to show looks, youth and confidence don't necessarily mean you can dance.

Not sure I agreed with the scoring though but nothing knew there.

All in all looks as if it will be a good series.

Of course the usual ringers complaints have started.

Pixie and Frankie when to stage school and of course they dance on stage. Yeah, I must have missed them doing the latin and ballroom on MTV.

I was not impressed with the start of SCD on Friday, it seemed very lacklustre. I haven't even watched the Saturday show yet. I think the Beeb have made a big mistake trying to do a prime time show on the cheap. I liked Tess as a sidekick, but to front a show...never, as for the unbelievable ditzy one upstairs, I really would rather watch paint dry than listen to her inane rambling. Thank gawd for sky+
I thought Jake (Max) was the best on Friday night....

Just catching up now.
Jake was awesome as you say Donna - I don't watch EE so am pleasantly surprised as I never expected it from him.
Wasn't sure about Frankie charleston but admit she will be good in the weeks to come.
Find Allison a bit too full on, effort and performance 10 but dance wise more 5 but good showmanship.
They all made a good fist of it with the exception of Mrs Murray, sorry Judy but you were more wooden than a wardrobe.

Only watching results show. Well 1st week of voting and already the obvious dud has been saved. There is no way that JM was better than Jenny. one was even worse than last week and one had made a real effort.

Still to see who is also in the DO but suspect Scott.

Well Scott was saved for another day.
Not a big fan of Gregg but feel that Aliona doesn't do any of her partners any favours, even Mat Baker who could have won and he was a good loser.

Chin up Jenny, look on it that you have had an extra dance in front of the live audience.

Was it just me or did the lights make all the ladies legs red, it was a bit off putting.

Jake, Pixie and Frankie are away out front, I thought Pixies waltz was lovely...(imo .her and her partner look a bit unreal, I expected JM and Gregg/Tim in the dance off. I can't comment on the red legs as I haven't watched the dance off yet.lol

It was clear Aliona did not want Gregg. Scout has the Radio One crowd voting for him(especially with the free voting).

Speaking of which I see we only get 3 this year, last year up to the final we got 5 free votes.

I voted for Jake and Pixie.

On digitalspy someone commented that Jake came across as arrogant and he would lose votes because people would think he was the character on EE. I actually thought he comes across as quiet and reserved in real life.

Latest posts

Back