Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My own feelings on Dave Loydon are, if he's not an actor stooge set up by IW, he must be something like a lottery winner with lots of money to spare. I mean, who would spend over £50,000 of their hard earned on all of those at best mediocre watches?

I just hope to God that he's not buying these things a an investment after hearing Kevinski saying they'll increase in value in the future!

Last edited:
just caught the drill bit show same old same old with Paul B screaming and woo hooing like an idiot i seriously wonder about his mental state and the so called expert with the same demonstrations looking like he has eaten all the pies in the shop if he gets any bigger he will explode needless to say having used drills all my life will give them a miss.

My own feelings on Dave Loydon are, if he's not an actor stooge set up by IW, he must be something like a lottery winner with lots of money to spare. I mean, who would spend over £50,000 of their hard earned on all of those at best mediocre watches?

I just hope to God that he's not buying these things a an investment after hearing Kevinski saying they'll increase in value in the future!

I'm pretty sure that if they really could convince a real person to spend that much on watches, then they wouldn't be in a position of trying to sell the channel just a few years after they bought it.

just caught the drill bit show same old same old with Paul B screaming and woo hooing like an idiot i seriously wonder about his mental state and the so called expert with the same demonstrations looking like he has eaten all the pies in the shop if he gets any bigger he will explode needless to say having used drills all my life will give them a miss.

I love it when the demo guy clearly applies little to no pressure, but acts like he is putting all his weight down, then the drill-bit breaks anyway and they carry on talking like it never happened.

Again, it all reflects in their (lack of) sales ultimately.

So another actor being used on IW and claiming to be an expert in his field? I think the guy normally does the Dormeo mattress shows, and is meant to be the expert, and I "think" implied he works for Dormeo?

Anyway, I was watching TV yesterday and he popped up in an advert. Can't recall what the advert was for, but it definitely wasn't mattresses!

I was struggling to see what IW's fascination was with Irish fella recently, who was the Vax rep until recently. Then I had a look on the website and see that they don't carry Vax models anymore. So he has jumped ship which now makes him an Apple expert and Williams waterless car cleaner. He is an expert at being a shobgite that's for sure.

So another actor being used on IW and claiming to be an expert in his field? I think the guy normally does the Dormeo mattress shows, and is meant to be the expert, and I "think" implied he works for Dormeo?

Anyway, I was watching TV yesterday and he popped up in an advert. Can't recall what the advert was for, but it definitely wasn't mattresses!

I might be wrong , but I seem to recall that when he first appeared they tried to pass him off as the managing director of Dormeo and he referred to the company as 'we'.
Then he was rumbled as an actor and he became brand ambassador, and Dormeo became ' they'.
I think it was Wirral who first identified him and who can tell the whole story.

Yesterday they were selling 'Energizer' smartphones at 7pm that basically look like a Chinese OEM phone design being sold by "French telecoms company" Avenir using the Energizer brand, so you had Peter Simon saying "Energizer smartphone produced by French telecoms company" followed by Peter Volauvent saying Avenir using his best Inspector Clouseau accent. Here's a news article featuring another Energizer phone but the one Ideal World is selling is lower-spec and cheaper: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...8/energizer-powermax-p600s-android-smartphone

Anyway I'm sure they broke the Trade Descriptions Act at least once during yesterday's presentation or at least bent the truth as far as it would go without actually breaking regulations, especially when saying "We believe" it's the fastest smartphone they've ever used, etc., being applied to a distinctly mid-range 1.3GHz quad core processor (Mediatek incase you're wondering), though the phone does have a reasonably large capacity battery and a large 6" display (cue them showing a tiny old phone with a cracked display for comparison). Plus the old trick of saying that the Energizer brand has been around for many years when it's only licensed to another company (and I'm sure the brand itself isn't more than 100 years old as they said). Also Ideal World displaying on-screen that it's a "Smartphone with US Mil Shock Proof Case" implies the phone itself has a tough case (as I originally thought) when in reality they're just supplying an add-on protective plastic case with the phone. Naughty.

energizer.jpg
The show in question can be seen here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/6-smartphones-from-energizer-2721548?channel=IW

Loved Dirty Peter and his "this really is the cutting edge of technology" spiel when referring to that Energiser phone.

6 inch display that is 720p when a lot of phones that size are aiming for 4k displays nowadays! A quad core medium-ish processer. 2gb ram and 16gb storage. Cutting edge stuff indeed.

Oh and DP's most bizarre comment about that android phone "and this is Google-aware as well isn't it?" :mysmilie_11:

Oh and volauvent didn't disappoint and once again pulled out his suitcase to show what the phone replaces, and had a TV stuffed in there as well :) They really are aiming this at people who don't know any better aren't they?

The Irish guy does this for a living i guess when i was buying a car a few years ago he was on car buyer demonstrating and giving his "expert opinion" on various models

Just changing tack slightly peeps. As I said last month, I would submit my own personal review of the Spear and Jackson "Spray and Leave".
The problem areas of the property are washed and cleaned every year, and usually takes a full day. I was happy to try the "Spray and Leave", as it looked a good alternative to the hard days labour which is usually the case. Imagine my delight when all I heard was "spray it and leave it", well, I did exactly that!
Well, I mixed up the spray as per instructions, and on the 28th June, I sprayed, my metal garden shed, the conservatory roof, and gutters and window frames, as well as all the outside gutters around the property.
As usual, the roof of the conservatory have always been the worse offenders, and the remainder needed spraying only showed a little of the usual green gunk build up after a year between cleans.
I have been away for almost 3 weeks, and on my return, I had hoped for a cleaner, and general improvement of the sprayed areas.
Well, I have to say I was very disappointed with the result, as there were no improvements at all. It basically looked no different to when it was sprayed. However, it doesn't say how long it needs to be left, so this afternoon, I will be washing the outside of the property, and can only say the cost of the Spear and Jackson "Spray and Leave", was a waste of money, and I would have preferred to put the money into a charity collection as opposed to listening to the claims of I/W. In conclusion, it didn't work for me, would I buy it again? No, would I recommend it? No. Hope this helps others thinking of buying the Spear and Jackson, Spray and leave. Enjoy the sun, think of me outside cleaning the property in this blooming heat. Oh, and I do have several cans of adult beverages in the fridge with my name on it, so not all bad.

Just changing tack slightly peeps. As I said last month, I would submit my own personal review of the Spear and Jackson "Spray and Leave".
The problem areas of the property are washed and cleaned every year, and usually takes a full day. I was happy to try the "Spray and Leave", as it looked a good alternative to the hard days labour which is usually the case. Imagine my delight when all I heard was "spray it and leave it", well, I did exactly that!
Well, I mixed up the spray as per instructions, and on the 28th June, I sprayed, my metal garden shed, the conservatory roof, and gutters and window frames, as well as all the outside gutters around the property.
As usual, the roof of the conservatory have always been the worse offenders, and the remainder needed spraying only showed a little of the usual green gunk build up after a year between cleans.
I have been away for almost 3 weeks, and on my return, I had hoped for a cleaner, and general improvement of the sprayed areas.
Well, I have to say I was very disappointed with the result, as there were no improvements at all. It basically looked no different to when it was sprayed. However, it doesn't say how long it needs to be left, so this afternoon, I will be washing the outside of the property, and can only say the cost of the Spear and Jackson "Spray and Leave", was a waste of money, and I would have preferred to put the money into a charity collection as opposed to listening to the claims of I/W. In conclusion, it didn't work for me, would I buy it again? No, would I recommend it? No. Hope this helps others thinking of buying the Spear and Jackson, Spray and leave. Enjoy the sun, think of me outside cleaning the property in this blooming heat. Oh, and I do have several cans of adult beverages in the fridge with my name on it, so not all bad.

I read your comments with interest. About four years ago I bought a similar product from eBay. It was much cheaper than that Spear And Jackson stuff, it was also stronger and required only half as much concentrate per gallon of water. I sprayed my fence panels at the bottom of the garden which were completely covered in green algae. After only about two hours the algae was killed and the green was gone. I was amazed!!! I used the same stuff last year and it had no effect at all. On reading the instructions on the container, it said that the product was only good for two years.

So maybe the stuff they sent you was life expired and that's why it didn't work. Do you think that Ideal World would ever send out a product which had passed it's use by date? The jury is out.

I read your comments with interest. About four years ago I bought a similar product from eBay. It was much cheaper than that Spear And Jackson stuff, it was also stronger and required only half as much concentrate per gallon of water. I sprayed my fence panels at the bottom of the garden which were completely covered in green algae. After only about two hours the algae was killed and the green was gone. I was amazed!!! I used the same stuff last year and it had no effect at all. On reading the instructions on the container, it said that the product was only good for two years.

So maybe the stuff they sent you was life expired and that's why it didn't work. Do you think that Ideal World would ever send out a product which had passed it's use by date? The jury is out.

I had kept the spray and leave especially to use during the summer months, so the 30 day MBG was now out of date as I ordered it in May. However, if the 30 day MGB was still valid, I would have sent it back. I had hoped for the miracle properties of this stuff to do what they keep banging on about, just spray it and leave it. I won't be buying this product again. It was in date, so there were no probs there, and I used it all up at the one session. Sorry peeps, this product doesn't do it for me!

I had kept the spray and leave especially to use during the summer months, so the 30 day MBG was now out of date as I ordered it in May. However, if the 30 day MGB was still valid, I would have sent it back. I had hoped for the miracle properties of this stuff to do what they keep banging on about, just spray it and leave it. I won't be buying this product again. It was in date, so there were no probs there, and I used it all up at the one session. Sorry peeps, this product doesn't do it for me!

If it doesn't do what it should then it is unfit for purpose and the 30 day MBG is not relevant, just send it back anyway for a refund (at their expense too)

I love how they always stress the "just pop it back to your local Asda" as though everybody has an Asda a cock stride away! The nearest one to me is about 3 miles away and I don't have transport. As for little old ladies who buy larger stuff....well.

It is doubly annoying because CS will always arrange a home collection. They obviously deliberately don't mention this to keep costs down.

I'm glad I read this as I was thinking of buying this stuff from IW. I think now I'll go back to eBay to get what I had before which was called "ever build patio wizard". The mix is one part patio wizard to nine parts water.

Latest posts

Back