Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw a bit of IW's "power couple" ;) doing the show with the bonded leather chairs. Interestingly she mentioned when they got their new couch. Now, the way she worded it, they bought a new couch, but NOT the one they were so desperately trying to get viewers to buy! So ermmmmmm, why should we buy it, when they don't bother?

I’ve lost count at how many Daisy Eldridge and Nicole clothes items that Baby Jane has supposedly bought.

Interestingly she only ever appears to wear them when she’s shilling them although it’s arguable that her own wardrobe is even worse than cheapo garb she sells :mysmilie_59:

I saw a bit of IW's "power couple" ;) doing the show with the bonded leather chairs. Interestingly she mentioned when they got their new couch. Now, the way she worded it, they bought a new couch, but NOT the one they were so desperately trying to get viewers to buy! So ermmmmmm, why should we buy it, when they don't bother?
Apparently Becque Shreque has got a new sofa as well (or so he said last night) and it was at least heavily implied that it was one of the bonded leather ones actually being sold. I said 'implied' because it's extremely improbable that Shreque has actually bought one (or two) of those bonded leather landfill lumps, though Shreque is the presenter who claims to have bought a lot of things from Ideal World so given his complete lack of any taste and judgement whatsoever he may well have done :mysmilie_59:

Aside from improbable claims, him and Creepy Crawley together combine to provide an extremely uncomfortable viewing experience that borders on the downright deceptive. From what little of it I could stand to watch, they kept mentioning the word 'leather' without once explaining what it was really referring to (apart from the word 'Bonded' included as part of the on-screen description), as well as trying to push sales of their "leather cleaner".

it's do as they say, not do as they do,

Apparently Becque Shreque has got a new sofa as well (or so he said last night) and it was at least heavily implied that it was one of the bonded leather ones actually being sold. I said 'implied' because it's extremely improbable that Shreque has actually bought one (or two) of those bonded leather landfill lumps, though Shreque is the presenter who claims to have bought a lot of things from Ideal World so given his complete lack of any taste and judgement whatsoever he may well have done :mysmilie_59:

Aside from improbable claims, him and Creepy Crawley together combine to provide an extremely uncomfortable viewing experience that borders on the downright deceptive. From what little of it I could stand to watch, they kept mentioning the word 'leather' without once explaining what it was really referring to (apart from the word 'Bonded' included as part of the on-screen description), as well as trying to push sales of their "leather cleaner".

Indeed PP.

I can honestly say that in all the years they’ve been shilling this garbage I have never, not even once, heard a Goon explain exactly what Bonded ‘Leather’ actually is.

Furthermore I have never once seen a description of it on the website either.

Then again, I’ve never seen them clearly explain that the iPad’s come with a long depleted operating system that is likely to cause compatibility issues.

And they no doubt wonder why they are classed as the second or third WORST retailer out of nigh on 2000 reviewed on Trust Pilot :down:

Bonded " Leather "

Bonded leather is made by shredding leather scraps and leather fiber, then mixing it with bonding materials. The mixture is next extruded onto a fiber cloth, or paper backing, and the surface is usually embossed with a leather-like texture or grain. Color and patterning, if any, are a surface treatment that does not penetrate like a dyeing process would. The natural leather fiber content of bonded leather varies. The manufacturing process is somewhat similar to the production of paper.

Like most man made products it comes in varying quality but having seen one of these chairs in a catalogue clearance store for £199 this is paper thin

I know I have said it before, but it still makes me raise my eyebrows when CC will chirp in with "and it's bonded leather don't forget" and he really is implying that it is somehow a superior material. It's downright awful behaviour really. They should be absolutely clear about all the items.

Of course they wont explain what it is, otherwise viewers would realize its make up from leather off cuts swept off the floor and stuck together with glue

Can you imagine buying your other half a jacket/coat as a gift. Seeing them unwrap it and gasp as they say "oh darling you bought me a leather coat" and you say with a smile, "no darling....a BONDED leather coat"

Then just duck to avoid the objects thrown at you.

Just when you thought you had heard it all on Ideal World, sales wretch Gollum somehow manages to end up going one worse as what happened tonight near the start of the 7pm watch show. After claiming that using the website may be the quickest way of ordering, Gollum then outdoes himself by saying that using the phone may be quicker because you won't be distracted by buying other watches and the watch in question could sell out :mysmilie_19:

Yes that's right; Gollum thinks that you the viewer is SO STUPID that you are incapable of concentrating on buying a specific product :mysmilie_59:

Listen to him making a fool of himself from 6:00 here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/collectable-timepieces--2692865?channel=IW

Also Gollum had earlier referred to some obviously-large Cushion Walk boots as "shoes" :mysmilie_15:

I actually feel the rage building inside me when MM gets up close to the camera and starts with his "hold on.....this fella has my attention....he's talking a lot of sense here"

Yeah mate, don't assume to think that you know what I'm thinking. And as long as he keeps up pronouncing words that end with ing as "ink" then he can act as clever or intelligent as he likes, but I can't take someone seriously that can't even pronounce words correctly.

I actually feel the rage building inside me when MM gets up close to the camera and starts with his "hold on.....this fella has my attention....he's talking a lot of sense here"

Yeah mate, don't assume to think that you know what I'm thinking. And as long as he keeps up pronouncing words that end with ing as "ink" then he can act as clever or intelligent as he likes, but I can't take someone seriously that can't even pronounce words correctly.

I agree. I simply can't watch him for more than a few seconds. Aggressive, patronisong and rude, while pretending to be a lovable cheeky chappie and calling himself "the bald bloke".

I don't forget when he said (not in a friendly, jokey way) "you have to buy this, you've got no choice" although I can't remember what he was flogging, just that comment!

While watching dumb and dumber on the watch show last night, I was wondering which was which. There was Simon with his sirwartski crystals and Kevinski with his sharovski crystals and his paintented movement.

I think they both require reprogramming.

Last edited:
Well I knew it would happen.... Jimmy Saville hair shilling the elife electric bike, doing her damnedest to persuade us to buy one and enjoy cycling again, or to get back into cycling. She really does think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

But wait..the other week while shilling an exercise bike she was saying how she only uses exercise bikes now as she thinks it is dangerous cycling on the roads these days, especially during the dark winter nights.

So she doesn't want to cycle in case she gets into an accident, but viewers....knock yourselves out ;)

it would be fantastic if someome could make a you tube video of all the contradictions the presenters say

I see Peter volovont is a mobile phone expert now and noticed the williams car guy is a diy expert despite sporting a stupid looking beard which makes him look like a circus clown is IW trying to save cash or what

Latest posts

Back