Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Geesh that's real cheap stuff the night, probably cost a £10 each if you buy them in bulk from China. They're saying be good xmas present, the only thing i would associate that watch with xmas is as a cracker toy, I would be embarrassed giving that to someone and would not be amused to receive one. Even Tope doesn't look that interested, although, like usual, he's probably mates with the brand owner.:mysmilie_19:

Really if folks are wanting cheaper watches, they would be better off buying Sekonda or Pulsar instead of this rubbish.

Yep...I totally agree, you're better off going for a recognised high street brand..failing that, and I'm not saying that "designer" branded watches are any better..but I'm sure if I was to give somebody a watch for a birthday or xmas, then one emblazoned with Hugo Boss or Armani xchange would be better received than some chunky space age monstrosity that looks like it's been bought in a pop up shop/street market. There are so many watches out there to buy including "designer" ones who's cost won't break the bank. These shysters make my blood boil with all their lies about heritage, prestige and "Swiss-ness"! A Swiss roll is more Swiss than any of these horrendous timepieces..as they like to call them..and given the choice I think I'd rather have the Swiss roll!

Fun and games on the Vostok show last night after a supposed buying spree turned out to be a false alarm. Mason was giving it the usual baloney and referencing "sellouts" across the range, but it was later admitted that this was down to the high jinks of a phantom buyer who had been putting multiple watches in their basket and not checking out. Clearly peeved at this tactic, Mason spoke about Ideal following up on the IP address and taking action against the individual responsible. Glasshouses and stones sprang to mind. How many times have they willfully deceived potential buyers about potential sellouts, or, like Mason, mentioned their intent to buy a particular watch when there was never any intention to do so? I don't necessarily approve of the actions of that phantom buyer, but Ideal are in no position to take the high moral ground when it comes to underhand tactics. Karma, anyone?

I was watching that heated clothing show last night, with jackets priced at £80 to £120. Peter Simon said he'd just ordered his :mysmilie_17: £120 one of course. Checking on eBay, I could see the same kind of thing for under £30. With those though you need to buy a USB power bank, which could cost about £20 or less. So there is another nice IW bargain for you. A £120 purchase that you can pick up on eBay for around £50. Nice one Ideal World. What would we do without you?

This evening we have another chance to snag a wonderful "state of the art British made watch" from Swan And Edgar.

Please don't be too tempted. It could all end in tears!!

I was watching that heated clothing show last night, with jackets priced at £80 to £120. Peter Simon said he'd just ordered his :mysmilie_17: £120 one of course. Checking on eBay, I could see the same kind of thing for under £30. With those though you need to buy a USB power bank, which could cost about £20 or less. So there is another nice IW bargain for you. A £120 purchase that you can pick up on eBay for around £50. Nice one Ideal World. What would we do without you?

I looked on Amazon and quickly came to the same conclusion.

Fun and games on the Vostok show last night after a supposed buying spree turned out to be a false alarm. Mason was giving it the usual baloney and referencing "sellouts" across the range, but it was later admitted that this was down to the high jinks of a phantom buyer who had been putting multiple watches in their basket and not checking out. Clearly peeved at this tactic, Mason spoke about Ideal following up on the IP address and taking action against the individual responsible. Glasshouses and stones sprang to mind. How many times have they willfully deceived potential buyers about potential sellouts, or, like Mason, mentioned their intent to buy a particular watch when there was never any intention to do so? I don't necessarily approve of the actions of that phantom buyer, but Ideal are in no position to take the high moral ground when it comes to underhand tactics. Karma, anyone?

He's used that excuse before, when he didn't (or according to him couldn't) buy the Almaz a few weeks ago. He blamed it then on someone having it their basket and not checking out.

£350 clean sweep watch from Swan & Edgar or get at Ali for £19.

https://www.aliexpress.com/

As Peter says, remember to Insure it as you won't see anybody with it. :mysmilie_19:

This lot should be locked up, nothing but lies, just a pack of frauds.

The one Swan And Edgar watch is the best watch Simon has seen in 40 years!!!! He's also been pulling the wrong price stunt once again. He's so transparent.

And now we have the price must be wrong and we're checking it ploy. It's the Astronomer watch, the rebranded Ali express watch, which is £20 on Ali. The guy is waffling on some amount of nonsense about how hard it was to design etc, how much design is needed to swap brand names on the dial. :mysmilie_17:

https://www.aliexpress.com

Got to say this is one of the worst watch shows I've seen, and I've seen some bad ones, but 45 minutes in and it's been nothing but utter nonsense, misleading information and outright lies spouted by the pair.

Good find, and that's 4K, the one on IW is HD so it's even cheaper at that site you found.

And that liar Mire said that they had developed the drone themselves! The Ideal drone as you say is HD, but only 720p. The images I saw on TV from that drone looked very fuzzy indeed. The TomTop drone also has two cameras, just like the Ideal one. I think the TomTop drone just higher spec all round for almost half the price.

I have bought from TomTop in China on several occasions without problem. I even bought a DJI Mavic Pro drone from them a couple of years ago at the lowest price anywhere, with no customs duty.

And that liar Mire said that they had developed the drone themselves! The Ideal drone as you say is HD, but only 720p. The images I saw on TV from that drone looked very fuzzy indeed. The TomTop drone also has two cameras, just like the Ideal one. I think the TomTop drone just higher spec all round for almost half the price.

I have bought from TomTop in China on several occasions without problem. I even bought a DJI Mavic Pro drone from them a couple of years ago at the lowest price anywhere, with no customs duty.

While flicking channels I stumbled across last nights 11:00pm Drone ‘Show’.

I cannot be 100% sure about this but i’m reasonably confident that I heard the wretched Richard Mire claim that ‘similar drones cost thousands of pounds’.

If only the lying barstools would say ‘similar Watches on Ali Express cost £20’ :mysmilie_59:

While flicking channels I stumbled across last nights 11:00pm Drone ‘Show’.

I cannot be 100% sure about this but i’m reasonably confident that I heard the wretched Richard Mire claim that ‘similar drones cost thousands of pounds’.

If only the lying barstools would say ‘similar Watches on Ali Express cost £20’ :mysmilie_59:

Simon said, "This drone has features found on drones that cost a thousand pounds" That's right Peter, but it only has a few of them. If it were just to fly in the air and land, those are features found on £1000 drones. Tosser!!!!!!

i thought i was seeing things but no volovent is doing the roof fix product is there no end to this mans talent

i thought i was seeing things but no volovent is doing the roof fix product is there no end to this mans talent

He’s quite a guy isn’t he Mossie?

I still feel his talents were used best as an Art Expert when presenting the Thomas Kinkade Masterpieces.

Not quite up to Lisa Brash standards, but a worthy contribution non the less :mysmilie_59:

If you want to hear something that's simply jaw-dropping, watch this video of last Saturday's Wearable Warmth show - https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/wearable-warmth-blockbuster-2784064?channel=IW - and skip forward to 13:27 in order to hear Poo Poo Howard seemingly do the impossible, namely somehow managing to incorporate his, let's say, unusual obsession with bodily ablutions into a sales pitch for heated jackets. Watch Tim Brittas visibly recoil when Poo Poo asks about divers having to "wee in their wetsuit", claiming they do this because "the body temperature from the wee heats you up". Poo Poo caps this bizarre description off by asking Mr Brittas "Is this (jacket) warmer than that feeling"!!!!!!

I'm still in a state of shock over this! :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back