Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received an email from this very website, nothing unusual in that. The e-mail advertising Paul Ross as a guest presenter on IW, nothing unusual in that.

However, as I read the article it quoted the ''Head of TV'' at IW.. one Andy Hodgson. Formally of Bid TV

now it all makes sense.

Elizabeth Grant pick of the day, how incredibly boring. Same boring products every week, change the record iw.

That explains the carp ex Bid presenters on Ideal World,especially the awful Foghorn Jacks,& why this dreadful presenter still has a job on IW,Foghorn Jacks is the worst presenter ever on all shopping tv channels I have seen in all my years of watching Shopping tv.

Elizabeth Grant pick of the day, how incredibly boring. Same boring products every week, change the record iw.

It wasn't quite the same.This time they were 'giving away'a rather fetching shopping bag with the Liz Grant creams.Must be because the stuff is selling so well.(or not)

That explains the carp ex Bid presenters on Ideal World,especially the awful Foghorn Jacks,& why this dreadful presenter still has a job on IW,Foghorn Jacks is the worst presenter ever on all shopping tv channels I have seen in all my years of watching Shopping tv.

I often wonder what would happen if you and SJ were to meet Amy G.
Don't think it would
be a pleasant occasion.

:mysmilie_15:

I see that Paul Ross has described watching Ideal World as his "guilty pleasure". That must have been awfully upsetting for his local rent boys

Hi everyone.

De Knees was shillling that bucket load of Lizzie G potions yesterday, the ‘deal’ came with a plastic bag. She said : -

‘I bought my friend an Elizabeth Grant set that came with a bag and she thought I’d bought her a GUCCI’

Hmmmm :mysmilie_59:

A4CC961E-346E-40B3-992C-043E12B55D96.jpg13BA3830-69E2-4FF4-9063-0F3D3559471F.jpg

Hi everyone.

De Knees was shillling that bucket load of Lizzie G potions yesterday, the ‘deal’ came with a plastic bag. She said : -

‘I bought my friend an Elizabeth Grant set that came with a bag and she thought I’d bought her a GUCCI’

Hmmmm :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 14712View attachment 14713

What are you saying? They're practically the same! :mysmilie_17:

I'm still convinced that whenever Prince Harry is prominently in the news, they wheel out Simone Mason to capitalise on her likeness to Meagan Markle.

Would they be so crafty?

Am I leaping to conclusions? Yes. Probably.

Last night we were treated to a selection of Roamer Watches, possibly the best Watches that IW have ever had on offer. So, a quality Watch at last. This is a Watch brand that I've not seen much of in a couple of decades at least.

The Guest presenter Watch expert was a Martin Cunningham, along with dear old PS. At one stage, there was an automatic Watch with ETA movement on screen and Simon asked Martin what the beat rate of the Watch was. The reply from Martin was 28,000 beats per minute, this amazing fact was then repeated by Simon. Wow, that's 466 beats per second! Whoa, hold the horses, this is absolute nonsense of course. The highest beat rate I know of is a Grand Seiko high beat, which is a mere 36,000 bears per hour. In fact the beat rate of the ETA is 28,600 beats per hour.

There was also a Watch with what was said to be a Moon Phase feature. Martin said it shows a Sun in the daytime and a Moon at night. Well, if that's the case, it is simply a day and night feature, not a Moon Phase. So which is it?

So here we have yet another so called Watch expert without a clue! We also have Kevinski who is about as well informed. He seems to be someone who knows how to buy and sell Watches, but hardly knows much about them. When he mentions jewels in Watches, he says they are real jewels. No they are not, they are all synthetic! And don't get me started on the awful Caroline Jones! She used to work for Garrards selling Watches, so that makes her an expert does it? No, it makes her an ex sales woman.

Rant over.

I see that Paul Ross has described watching Ideal World as his "guilty pleasure". That must have been awfully upsetting for his local rent boys

I hadn't realised he was int that until recently. My work colleague who lives near where he got caught told me. There was anti social behaviour going on in the bushes, police were called and found him! I hadn't read it in the papers at the time.

I hadn't realised he was int that until recently. My work colleague who lives near where he got caught told me. There was anti social behaviour going on in the bushes, police were called and found him! I hadn't read it in the papers at the time.

Mr Ross is hoping to present the Garden Bargain shows. Possibly

As long as he does not make the faux pas that De Knees made on a garden show when she said i want you to come and look at my bush it took about 10mins for everyone to compose themselves among fits of laughter

I wonder who the prankster is that keeps giving Jimmy Saville a dirty sanchez? I assume that is the reason she always has her face and nose screwed up like that?

Why do I get the feeling that the roamer watches are not even close to the quality they verbally claim?

Because viewers who know about the channel are all too familiar with its dubious sales pitches, and even if Ideal World was selling the, erm, ideal product at a good price we still wouldn't trust the salesperson knowing full well the tat they generally shrill and the accompanying exaggerations used to flog the stuff.

I've only seen Roamer watches on the channel once and they do look to be a cut above the average Mankey-Tosspots (sorry, Mathey-Tissots) of Ideal World, but I still wouldn't buy a Roamer from Ideal World even if I liked the style of it for all of the above reasons. And the incredibly poor service that customers may possibly encounter.

Latest posts

Back