Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazing "a £1200 coffee machine wasn't very good" ...only on IW could they come out with something like that. And to be honest, reading the handful of reviews it sounds like a right pain in the backside looking after these things.

Saw a Moira C scarf stand (and I mean 1 stand) in the middle of a fill-in bit between the Grafton Centre and the rest of the 'old' shops in Cambridge today. I think it was being run by one of the daughters ..

Must have had a big fall out with IW ..

From what i saw Moira C went bust earlier this year suddenly owing thousands to customers.

I saw a Blaupunkt e-bike being sold on IW earlier today. Dear old Hayley was talking about the wonderful German engineering. Well Blaupunkt went bankrupt some time ago and isn't the Blaupunkt name now at home in China?

Well, mentioning that Blaupunkt is still German can only be good for sales after all.

Yes I saw in Bexleyheath Shopping Centre a stand a few weeks ago with one of her daughters on it.
I miss seeing her on Ideal World, she was so full of enthusiasm for all her products.

I see they are selling those triple x drill all drill bits again.I did some research on this as I don't have a drill and it appears this is a 'bit' of a con. Check out some of the review on Amazon. Not good.

Not seen the Blaupunkt bikes yet, but curious to hear how they try to sell them, when all along they have been claiming their £500-600 bikes are as good as ones costing thousands :)

Bit of a shame hearing Blaupunkt went bust though, I had no idea. I used to install car hi-fi and alarms many moons ago and we were an official supplier of Blaupunkt gear, so it held a special place in my memory.

Hahahaha…..just caught the drone show where Dire was made to look like a numpty.

"pro level this....pro level that.....auto take off" presses the button on the controller and nothing happens :mysmilie_17:

"Oh I apologise I forgot to change the battery" cut to a VT....back to the studio, he apologises for not changing the battery. Presses the button....nothing happens...drone just sits there again :mysmilie_19:

Great seeing the look on his face as he didn't realise the camera was still on a wide shot and you could see his face. The bizarre thing was gobby having to keep talking away killing time while he did whatever he was doing. You'd think he would just have a spare one sat there for just this reason!

But still, seeing him fail....oh sweet sweet early Christmas present :mysmilie_8:

Not many new items lately from this company .....

On a permanent loop of about 8 or so items - trouble at mill?

Hahahaha…..just caught the drone show where Dire was made to look like a numpty.

"pro level this....pro level that.....auto take off" presses the button on the controller and nothing happens :mysmilie_17:

"Oh I apologise I forgot to change the battery" cut to a VT....back to the studio, he apologises for not changing the battery. Presses the button....nothing happens...drone just sits there again :mysmilie_19:

Great seeing the look on his face as he didn't realise the camera was still on a wide shot and you could see his face. The bizarre thing was gobby having to keep talking away killing time while he did whatever he was doing. You'd think he would just have a spare one sat there for just this reason!

But still, seeing him fail....oh sweet sweet early Christmas present :mysmilie_8:

You're so cruel taking the piss out of that poor man! You should be ashamed.

Wish I'd seen that. :mysmilie_19:

dermawand.jpg

The two pictures for dermawand above are taken six weeks apart, according to the presenters. Yet the hair, apart from the fringe being swept sidewards, is really exactly the same, strand for strand, in the two pics. Unbelievable!

More likely taken at the same time and one has been airbrushed.

If anyone wants to see this happen it's during today's repeated 10am show on Ideal Extra. Here's a direct link to the show, with the embarrassment starting at around 25:50 and again at 27:16. Dire's face looks like thunder when it happens the second time: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/viper-drone-special-2743272?channel=IE

No wonder they're including two spare batteries :mysmilie_59:

Here are some reviews of Mire's drone on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6Z-2RF2tQ

Awful. Note that Ideal World NEVER shows a live drone demonstration OUTSIDE; all outdoor clips showing the drone in action are pre-recorded. Plus the so-called 'HD' video clips the drone produces look as bad as those from a ten year-old mobile phone.

Also the drone seems to need a recharge every fifteen minutes and that's when flying within the confines of a TV studio with no wind blowing it around, hence when outside it's likely that the drone would use more power in order to fight to maintain any semblance of stability (and it horribly drifts within the studio though that could be due to lack of GPS lock).

That is what makes me laugh when he says "drone costing 800, 900, 1000 pounds only come with one battery. Yeah mate, and that one battery lasts longer than all three of yours put together. Doesn't mention that funnily enough :)

Another delusional part is when he says "this isn't TV camera footage, this is the drone". You mean that blurry, jerky, looks to be substandard standard definition isn't a TV camera? Thanks for pointing it out as I never would have known otherwise!!

The so called HD video is indeed laughable. Mire said yesterday that the gimbal on his toy drone would normally cost an extra £150. To start with, it isn't even a gimbal, it is simply a camera mount which can move the camera up and down. A proper gimbal will keep the camera level at all times, not produce the shaky unwatchable video like the one he sells. What is more, you can buy proper electronic gimbals from eBay for under £30.

Yesterday the drone was said to be military grade at one stage. :mysmilie_17:

It's all just too ridiculous for words!

The so called HD video is indeed laughable. Mire said yesterday that the gimbal on his toy drone would normally cost an extra £150. To start with, it isn't even a gimbal, it is simply a camera mount which can move the camera up and down. A proper gimbal will keep the camera level at all times, not produce the shaky unwatchable video like the one he sells. What is more, you can buy proper electronic gimbals from eBay for under £30.

I take it you may be still undecided? Try it, fly it, send it back and tell em to shove it! Still time to order before Christmas, how can you refuse!
:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back