Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good god.....listening to Jimmy Saville prattling on about that Wileyfox phone. "mine can't expand it's memory....mine isn't octocore…..mine isn't this, mine isn't that"

I'm willing to bet she has an iPhone if she can't expand the memory. I'd love somebody to walk on and say "ok then, hand over your phone, and take one of these Wileyfox ones instead" just to see the look on her face. I'll bet those claws of hers clamp tight around her iPhone and won't let go.

And that RCA tablet. An utter waste of money. Far better spending a few quid more and buying a 10 inch Amazon Fire HD tablet instead.

My god.....Richard Dire really does get worse and worse when it comes to actual bare faced lying on IW.

He apparently saw somebody crying in the park after flying his £1000 drone and "bash, straight into a tree. £400 repair bill.....is what I imagine he would have" right, so it could have been a 50 pence repair bill or it could never have happened of course. Expensive drones have cameras everywhere to avoid collisions. Obviously they can still happen. But of the videos I have seen online, they work pretty well.

Then he is flying his drone in the studio, and telling us how the IW cameramen train for years to get steady panning shots, but there he is, getting smooth panning shots with his drone thanks to it's auto levelling. His words not mine of course. Meanwhile the actual video you can see of the drone, looks like it is having an epileptic fit it's that jerky. Honestly, I think he may outdo Gollum when it comes to wanting to punch in the throat.

Richard Liar saying that the Viper drone is the drone you can't lose. Just read the reviews Richard, several people saying that it flew away never to be seen again!!

The whole channel is dire Mossie.

And there’s nothing more dire than a Vostok POTD at 9:00pm with Nanty and Kevski :mysmilie_59:

Looking at youtube I found this video of Chinese watches at incredibly low prices with some of the same movements, or better, than some of Kevski's Vostoks that cost over £800! Makes you wonder what you're paying for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUl1y4gMtU4&t=265s

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/getthenationmotivated/?hc_location=ufi

Looks like Berks no project, see from that a few posts by him on social media maybe spending less time on the channels e.t.c

I really struggle to see how he will monetise that tbh but gd lk to him

And agreed Mire is another level of awful pitiful stuff

#Today I'm #sharing the #first #step in taking #control of your #life and moving in any #direction you choose to. #Success and #Fulfilment is yours, if you'd like to have it. It might take some #work, but that's just work on YOURSELF... and that... has got to be an #INVESTMENT!!!

So, with no disrespect, we've to take advice on how to direct our lifestyles and careers from someone who's ended up selling tat on selly telly?

I love the way Mike equates features to cost when selling the smartphones.

'It has a 5" HD screen, you're thinking £100 minimum, right?
It has a 10mp front facing camera AND a 8mp rear facing camera, you're thinking £200 minimum, right?
It has 16GB storage expandable to 128GB, you're thinking £300 minimum, right?
It's dual SIM, you're thinking £400 minimum, right?
It has an opticore processor, you're thinking £600 minimum, right?
It comes with the latest Andrioid operating system, you're thinking £800, right?
It comes with face detect AND fingerprint security, you're thinking £1000 all day long Mike, right?'

No ... we're thinking it's an average phone that should sell for no more than £200. Okay so you sell it for £99, not saying it's not a good deal. However don't try and convince us we're getting a thousand pound phone for a tenth of that. Muppet.

The trouble with Berk and his motivational guff, is that you need a certain kind of charisma to get people even remotely interested, and not thinking it's all nonsense. And he just doesn't have it.

Plus, if that his is attempt to grab hold of younger people with all those hashtags, he may well be in for a rude awakening. Is there anything duller than reading that someone's life has been considered personal development? It sounds boring as hell.

https://www.facebook.com/getthenationmotivated/?hc_location=ufi

Looks like Berks no project, see from that a few posts by him on social media maybe spending less time on the channels e.t.c

I really struggle to see how he will monetise that tbh but gd lk to him

And agreed Mire is another level of awful pitiful stuff

Previously it was Shreque selling places on a course where he would tell you his secrets of success :mysmilie_19:

Which in itself can't have been a success for obvious reasons. Just because someone's employed on a TV shopping channel doesn't mean they're capable of great things; indeed nearly all of them would only just about pass muster as double glazing salespeople. Deluded bunch :mysmilie_59:

I came across a review site that allows employees (past and present) to reflect their working experience of various companies. This particular comment, by no means untypical, is from a former employee of Ideal World...

"Satans earth division"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

Doesn't Recommend

Negative Outlook

Disapproves of CEO

I worked at Ideal Shopping Direct (More than a year)

Pros

A small handful of people are nice.

Cons

The company treats you like utter tripe. They have no regard for mental or physical well being of its employees. They are more worried about keeping customers with stupidly overpriced items than retaining employees, paying them all peanuts.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such a negative review will come as no surprise to readers of this forum. At least Ideal appears consistent, treating both employees and customers with utter contempt.

Here is the review site: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Ideal-Shopping-Direct-Reviews-E12449.htm

What a tool Mason is

Doing a Earnshaw watch show with Jim (who seems not so bad if a tad smug )

"I will get into trouble for saying this but what the hell by all of them you have until the 24th Jan to return them nothing to lose with the free p and p"

If you are not on targets Mike why do you care how many are bought? You are effectively saying buy everything returns are not my issue I am judged on my sales

Smug grin abound seems even smugger of late

What a tool Mason is

"I will get into trouble for saying this but what the hell by all of them you have until the 24th Jan to return them nothing to lose with the free p and p"

If you are not on targets Mike why do you care how many are bought? You are effectively saying buy everything returns are not my issue I am judged on my sales

"I will get into trouble for saying this..." - No he won't.

Also Kevski recently told Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan that he was going to say something 'off-script', namely in relation to the Vostok watches he had been showing everyone that were actually different from what customers would receive because newly-supplied watches from that range didn't have the 'patina' finish some of those watches would develop after heavy usage. But given that they've explained this before on different watch shows it's a white lie at best and a deception at worst.

Petty deception and 'white lies' are incredibly tiresome and do nothing to 'enhance' what's left of Ideal World's wrecked reputation.

It's ridiculous. "I'll get into trouble for saying this" so I'll say it on camera for everybody to hear....yeah right you hateful tit.

Joanne cant help herself once again this morning

Cushion Walk which seems well reviewed as a brand and obviously sells well

"My husband bought me some boots that were £300, of course I have about 4 long length boots as well"

#womanofthepeople

What a tool Mason is

That Jim is yet another so called watch expert who is pretty clueless! He was calling that green dial horror a chronograph which it wasn't and another hand wound watch an automatic. He and Caroline Jones should get together.

Ahhhhhh, Vol au Vent and Gollum shilling the Mint+ iPhone 6

Vol au vent: "it's a closed system. I would only ever feel safe doing online banking on an iPhone"
Fair do's mate, I'll remember that the next time you are presenting an android phone and telling people they can do their online banking on it then, and perhaps remind you on social media :)

Gollum admits he is an iPhone user, but of course, his iPhone of choice is the 6...what a coincidence. Yet I thought he always wanted to buy the amazing android phones he shills???

The prices are ludicrous as well. £269.99 for the 16gb and £349.99 for the 64gb. Look online and there are countless 64gb refurbished 64gb models with 12 month warranty, for less than IW are charging for the 16gb model.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ahhhhhh, Vol au Vent and Gollum shilling the Mint+ iPhone 6

Vol au vent: "it's a closed system. I would only ever feel safe doing online banking on an iPhone"
Fair do's mate, I'll remember that the next time you are presenting an android phone and telling people they can do their online banking on it then, and perhaps remind you on social media :)

Gollum admits he is an iPhone user, but of course, his iPhone of choice is the 6...what a coincidence. Yet I thought he always wanted to buy the amazing android phones he shills???

The prices are ludicrous as well. £269.99 for the 16gb and £349.99 for the 64gb. Look online and there are countless 64gb refurbished 64gb models with 12 month warranty, for less than IW are charging for the 16gb model.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IW just love old tech. If it's iPhone, it must be great no matter how obsolete! Big profits.

Latest posts

Back