Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They pull that HD screen with phones far too often. Most of the phones they show are indeed 720p screens, and on TV's that was always listed as HD ready, as opposed to the "full HD" of 1080p screens. And on the bigger screens around 6 inches, it makes a huge difference.

I see they are STILL showing the Bosch cordless vacuum. That is getting on for a week of shows now, with them declaring you had to "buy now" on the first shows airing it. If viewers can't see through that, then I despair.

Talking about the Bosch vac, Chompers Crawley: "this is a brand that people aspire to have in their homes"

Now...there is no denying that Bosch are a world class outfit, but aspire to have in your home??? Come on fella, stop talking shite.

On tonight's "Another overpriced smartphone from a French brand" show (have Ideal World bought a huge consignment of failed French electronics recently?), demonstrator Lesley put her foot in it whilst talking about Android. The Archos phone they're selling runs Android 8 Oreo, and about 21 minutes into the presentation Lesley was talking about Android versions being named after sweets: "...we've got Nougat, we've got Pie, we've got, erm, Oreo..." - you could sense that she realised her mistake of mentioning a version of Android version (Pie) that was newer than the phone they were selling, complete with a very brief but very awkward pause after the event.

Plus later on this evening Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan said that he had "nearly bought" a deLorean watch recently without mentioning why he decided not to proceed with the purchase despite being a "big fan" of the watch brand (citation needed). That's basically the same as myself "nearly buying" the Sony Xperia 10 smartphone they were selling last week, which in my case was a very momentary consideration before swiftly backing away from the idea :mysmilie_59:

On tonight's "Another overpriced smartphone from a French brand" show (have Ideal World bought a huge consignment of failed French electronics recently?), demonstrator Lesley put her foot in it whilst talking about Android. The Archos phone they're selling runs Android 8 Oreo, and about 21 minutes into the presentation Lesley was talking about Android versions being named after sweets: "...we've got Nougat, we've got Pie, we've got, erm, Oreo..." - you could sense that she realised her mistake of mentioning a version of Android version (Pie) that was newer than the phone they were selling, complete with a very brief but very awkward pause after the event.

Plus later on this evening Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan said that he had "nearly bought" a deLorean watch recently without mentioning why he decided not to proceed with the purchase despite being a "big fan" of the watch brand (citation needed). That's basically the same as myself "nearly buying" the Sony Xperia 10 smartphone they were selling last week, which in my case was a very momentary consideration before swiftly backing away from the idea :mysmilie_59:

I think I'd rather have Peter what's his face, than that stupid clueless woman!!!

Oh man...presenters, if you are going to lie, then you need a good memory!

Jimmy Saville during the Vario Brush show, went to the Bosch Vac and said "60 percent of the stock has gone of this"

A whole week ago, she was presenting that vac and was pleading for people to order it because she "didn't think the stock they had would last the rest of the show" seems she is as honest as the actual Jimmy Saville!!

It was a treat last Sunday evening to see our dear old Dafta award winner along with Kevski selling the wonderful Mathey Tissot watches. There was the automatic type 21chronograph on offer for around £1250. "The normal price of £2000 is really under priced for this watch", claimed our dear old presenter. "It also houses what is probably the best movement in the world"!
This is just more ****** nonsense from the silly old duffer! Another claim was that IW had the last three of these watches in the entire world!

Well Jomashop in New York have stock of this watch at $849. So with import VAT and postage it would come in at around £850. Interestingly enough IW's price is now back to it's normal £2000 price. The same watch was also available at Amazon until yesterday for £849.

For those interested, there are plenty of Mathey Tissot watches at much cheaper prices than IW on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mathey+tissot+watches&i=watches&qid=1552389530&ref=sr_pg_1

Last edited:
I see Nanty is starting to get a helicopter landing pad on the back of his head. He's 50 this year you know, and if he is starting to go bald it will give him something else to bang on about as well.

I see Nanty is starting to get a helicopter landing pad on the back of his head. He's 50 this year you know, and if he is starting to go bald it will give him something else to bang on about as well.

Oh he's already 50, don't tell me you haven't heard him say 'I'm 50 now' on his hours? His hair is a work of art with slick down comb over gels and spray sticky stuff holding everything in place. Coming out of a shower, doubt anyone would recognise him. Unreal as it seems, the dirty old dafta award winner is only 7 years older than him!

There was the old dafta award winner again last night selling those Chinese made Constantin Weisz watches, the one's we are supposed to believe are German of course. "Can we check that price, it must be wrong" came the old refrain! He managed to excel himself last night by saying the same thing about two of the pieces he was flogging. As well as "this one of the best deals I've seen" and "isn't it beautiful" etc.

This tactic now is beyond boring and predictable.

Yawn!!!!!

Dirty Peter is shilling a Mattress and asks : -

Does it feel damp when you get into bed?
Is there an odour to it?

:mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is shilling a Mattress and asks : -

Does it feel damp when you get into bed?
Is there an odour to it?

:mysmilie_59:

Just when you think DP couldn't get any worse, another trap door opens, and and a whole set of lower levels opens up, eack one as bad as his awful comments, and innuendos. :puke::puke::puke:

Just when you think DP couldn't get any worse, another trap door opens, and and a whole set of lower levels opens up, eack one as bad as his awful comments, and innuendos. :puke::puke::puke:

Indeed Dave, he’s gross.

He was also going on about how he ‘genuinely’ couldn’t afford £750 but he could afford £62.50 on Flexipay. The trouble is it didn’t cost £750, it was £250. The £750 he kept on mentioning was the laughable Dormeo RRP on their own website.

Ideal World - Schlocky as ever :mysmilie_59:

He is one disgusting individual and i aint no prude he said the other night on a cooking show there was i sucking on an 8inch long pasta tube or words to that effect and getting the usual sniggers from behind the camera probably from youngsters just left school by the sound of it.:puke:

I was looking at the gardening section on the website and came across what looks like a bargain. A Yukka in a 10 litre pot, reduced half price down to £15. Nothing online in that size pot comes close to that price so I have ordered. Hopefully it wont arrive half dead #prayfortheyukka

interesting on garden show this morning Poo Poo Howard introducing politics and talking about brexit with angela trying her best to shut him up makes a change from talking about bowels although he managed to talk about planting in old WCs could not help himself he does talk a lot of s**t though

Howard was talking shite on the furniture show this morning. He was sat in one of those cheapo chairs with foot stool, saying how you could buy a few and make your own movie room at home.

The reason being, he doesn't like going to the cinema because of how loud everybody is eating crisps (never come across many crisp eaters myself at the cinema) He actually said "I need to go and see The Greatest Showman again, as I couldn't hear it the first time above everybody eating crisps. They were louder than the soundtrack"

Yeah, calling bollocks on that one Howard mate.

Latest posts

Back