Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

An ex-holiday rep, and whilst I was watching he told viewers that in order to change your SIM card you should "contact your tour operator" before swiftly correcting himself. Of course it's "first night nerves" so he'll fit in fine selling that junk :mysmilie_59:

Poor Mr Humphreys, easy mistake, for a Floor Manager.

But not as big a mistake as buying that shat, even with a free 3 Sim Card :mysmilie_59:

Didn't Kevinski say that the movement in one of the watches was "paintented"?

He did say that one watch strap was hand stitched on a machine! :mysmilie_17:

He also said that one watch had 32 real jewels! :mysmilie_17: Every other watch in the world has synthetic jewels.

Another stupid claim that was that the Seiko NH35 movement in the Energia, was one of the best automatic movements you could get. Yes, one of Seiko's cheapest movements! What a liar!

Didn't Kevinski say that the movement in one of the watches was "paintented"?

He did say that one watch strap was hand stitched on a machine! :mysmilie_17:

He also said that one watch had 32 real jewels! :mysmilie_17: Every other watch in the world has synthetic jewels.

Another stupid claim that was that the Seiko NH35 movement in the Energia, was one of the best automatic movements you could get. Yes, one of Seiko's cheapest movements! What a liar!

As funny as the watch ‘shows’ are they really are appalling.

How can they possibly promise (which Kevski explicitly did) that something like a jalopy Russian Watch will be valuable in future? :mysmilie_59:

An ex-holiday rep, and whilst I was watching he told viewers that in order to change your SIM card you should "contact your tour operator" before swiftly correcting himself. Of course it's "first night nerves" so he'll fit in fine selling that junk :mysmilie_59:

Admittedly I was jumping channels at the time and so may not have caught this properly but I saw him as he stood on his own (as Granny Smith always used to do) demonstrating the voice search abilities of the phone. As I started watching he had the phone facing him and said 'Google how do you make a lasagne?' and then immediately (far too quickly) turned the phone around to show the results.

Except, of course, to trigger the voice search on Android you have to say 'Okay Google' or 'Hey Google' rather than just 'Google' so my impression was that he already had the search results on the phone and this was a staged demonstration and NOT necessarily reflective of the speed or performance of the phone.

So, first night nerves and blatantly fake demonstrations ... he's perfect for Ideal!

As funny as the watch ‘shows’ are they really are appalling.

How can they possibly promise (which Kevski explicitly did) that something like a jalopy Russian Watch will be valuable in future? :mysmilie_59:

It would be ok if he'd give you a written guarantee that the value would increase, but of course he never would!

I like the way he shows the tritium lume watches in that case with an ultra violet light shining on them and says, they'll glow like that for 14 years. Yes they will if they are under an ultra violet light. In pitch darkness they'll be about 10% that bright.

It's all deception.

Admittedly I was jumping channels at the time and so may not have caught this properly but I saw him as he stood on his own (as Granny Smith always used to do) demonstrating the voice search abilities of the phone. As I started watching he had the phone facing him and said 'Google how do you make a lasagne?' and then immediately (far too quickly) turned the phone around to show the results.

Except, of course, to trigger the voice search on Android you have to say 'Okay Google' or 'Hey Google' rather than just 'Google' so my impression was that he already had the search results on the phone and this was a staged demonstration and NOT necessarily reflective of the speed or performance of the phone.

So, first night nerves and blatantly fake demonstrations ... he's perfect for Ideal!

Isn't that the same phone that they always sell with all of the one star rave reviews?

They must want to alienate all of their customers!

The ex Floor Manager was expert presenter on the drone/toy shows before Christmas, his credentials were that he'd worked for many of the top tour operators in some form of children's entertainer :mysmilie_8:

Mr Humphreys positively gushed at STK’s innovation and design expertise, in particular the charger that had an amazing feature whereby the long pin retracts to make it ‘easier to carry’.

So all that AND a free 3 Sim! :mysmilie_59:

0E9ECAAF-02B7-4881-9E6E-DF176C021605.jpeg8C821BBA-736A-4335-8344-3A35985DE22A.jpg

I get the impression they had no plan in place for the event that one of their regulars/Janice left.

Personally i'm still a bit upset that James Russell hasn't turned up yet.

This evening Rick Hay was selling the Vibrapower Coach with Nanty (who's apparently starting his fitness regime so that's another one to keep track of), and during my time watching this presentation they didn't use the voice coach feature even once. Indeed Mr Flump explicitly said that he didn't want to hear it in the background :mysmilie_59:

Now it's the Constantin Weisz watches, and Nanty kept going on about "unfulfilled orders" for watches that had previously "sold out", but despite all of this they had still only managed to sell 40% of their remaining stock of a particular watch at one point. Therefore was Nanty lying about previous 'sellouts' or did they had a hell of a lot of returns for these watches? Regardless of the truth it doesn't look good for them!

This evening Rick Hay was selling the Vibrapower Coach with Nanty (who's apparently starting his fitness regime so that's another one to keep track of), and during my time watching this presentation they didn't use the voice coach feature even once. Indeed Mr Flump explicitly said that he didn't want to hear it in the background :mysmilie_59:

Now it's the Constantin Weisz watches, and Nanty kept going on about "unfulfilled orders" for watches that had previously "sold out", but despite all of this they had still only managed to sell 40% of their remaining stock of a particular watch at one point. Therefore was Nanty lying about previous 'sellouts' or did they had a hell of a lot of returns for these watches? Regardless of the truth it doesn't look good for them!

Nanty? Lie? I think his pitches are as honest as the colour of his beard.

Personally I’m only interested in hearing Caroline Garrard’s opinion on anything Constantin Weisz related as, if you didn’t know, she once worked at the Royal Jewellers. We still don’t know in what capacity but that’s irrelevant.

Regarding DODDY FLUMP, it’s kinda clear this is someone who likes the sound of his own voice so maybe it’s no surprise he wouldn’t wish to be upstaged by a talking machine (which he easily could be).

The man is utterly ridiculous, even by Ideal World standards. I’m Sticking with Chocolate if he’s the end product of all that wobbling and shaking :mysmilie_59:

I get the impression they had no plan in place for the event that one of their regulars/Janice left.

Personally i'm still a bit upset that James Russell hasn't turned up yet.

Or my personal favourite, the magnificent, the one and only, the irrepressible, Mr Guy (couldnt give a stuff) Keane.

Bespectacled man and his vacuum demo's :mysmilie_10:

That tube one where he puts tennis balls in is one of the most pointless, meaningless demonstrations they have ever done. I love how he thinks that then putting on a longer tube makes it more impressive....what an idiot.

And someone should tell him that it isn't suction taking the balls in, it's atmospheric pressure pushing the balls in.

But back to the long tube....it's like having a long hose pipe and being amazed that water comes out of the end of it.

Bespectacled man and his vacuum demo's :mysmilie_10:

That tube one where he puts tennis balls in is one of the most pointless, meaningless demonstrations they have ever done. I love how he thinks that then putting on a longer tube makes it more impressive....what an idiot.

And someone should tell him that it isn't suction taking the balls in, it's atmospheric pressure pushing the balls in.

But back to the long tube....it's like having a long hose pipe and being amazed that water comes out of the end of it.

I watched one those demos and I was thinking the same...Yep a brand new vacuum cleaner that sucks up snooker balls...What does that prove? It's got suction - I thought it might. Pity they can't show these machines cleaning up the stuff we want them to clean up...If there was something the size of a ball on my carpet...I'd pick it up with my hands. I need something that will suck up trodden in dust and debris from my carpet not a whole box of screws or smarties that they've shaken out onto a clean floor!

I watched one those demos and I was thinking the same...Yep a brand new vacuum cleaner that sucks up snooker balls...What does that prove? It's got suction - I thought it might. Pity they can't show these machines cleaning up the stuff we want them to clean up...If there was something the size of a ball on my carpet...I'd pick it up with my hands. I need something that will suck up trodden in dust and debris from my carpet not a whole box of screws or smarties that they've shaken out onto a clean floor!

i'd be impressed if it could lift the bowling ball after 3 years of use etc.

Latest posts

Back