Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Paul has 10 watches at home. You can't have enough apparently. He even likes to match them to whichever pair of shoes he's wearing. I presume he must have at least ten pairs of shoes too :nod:

Dee Knees popped up at one point last night to say she had 5 Constantin Weisz watches :smirk:

I've just been watching some of the tapered trouser hour with Joanne and flicking over to QVC, who also had a clothing hour going on.

Joanne was saying how she had a birthday and was now 41, her husband bought/made a cake with 41 on it. She was saying something about her daughter. She's put a bit of weight on recently she said and was 5' 3". Model Lyn was laughing in all the right places and twirled and twittered.

Kathy was the presenter on QVC clothing with an American lady guest. All they talked about was the clothes. They also had two models on, one a plus size :mysmilie_59:

Timekeeping at sea? Was it on the Titanic?
Yesterday when it was Shreque's turn to sell watches he was trying to remember the name of someone who was involved with timekeeping at sea - "Something Shaw". The "watch expert" lady (she's busy this week) then said it was Thomas Earnshaw, so that's a 'classic' brand that even one of the presenters couldn't recall having anything to do with :mysmilie_59:

(Unless Shreque was deliberately misremembering to allow her to show her 'knowledge'/'credentials' but that's fairly unlikely.)

Anyway they were apparently selling out of watches left right and centre yesterday but of course no mention of the quantities involved. Don't forget to check out your baskets!

Or you could just look at Gollum, and think.......(insert own choice of words, as appropriate, here)

I loved when Gollum and the lady watch "expert" were talking about one of the watches, and he says "you see someone wearing this and think `he's done well for himself` "....

Lady follows with "it says he is outgoing, successful" or something along those lines. They were talking about a £150 watch. Yes folks, if you buy a watch for £150 you have hit the big time, and can pull women :)

:mysmilie_15: This is priceless, just typical of the carp that comes out of their mouths....I don't even think they ever listen to what they are saying, they just open their gobs.....Sheer class.
Cracking bit of deception just now by basket case Howard. Talking about Black Magic paint - the 1 litre tin. Howard: "I've seen this for the best part of £20 for a litre tin." As he points out Idealworlds price of £13.99 .....great! Apart from the fact it has a delivery price of £5.99 so that makes it £20 then Howard my boy!

Caught some of the earlier show with creepy furniture bloke and Paul Ross. Talk about a battle of egos....constantly interrupting and talking over each other. And it isn't enough that Ross is a poundland version of his younger brother, he also likes to keep doing his poor mans Eric Morecambe and making his glasses crooked as well. Oh my aching sides.

I've noticed 3 new presenters now. Has somebody left, or are they just expanding the number of Live shows or something?

It was great the other night seeing Genevieve cooing and ahhing over that Krups coffee machine. Even saying how she was talking to a barista who has the very same one at home! What are the odds of meeting someone with the same machine just before you go on air to shill one ;)

Best bit though, is the mention of it being a considered purchase. But then claiming the phones are in meltdown/very busy. There is no way on earth that the phone lines light up when a coffee machine costing the best part of a grand is being aired. I don't believe that for one second. (I think I'm getting old as I now have a feeling I have typed this very message before!!)

Can you please not make me laugh whilst I am eating my breakfast! I shouldn't read this thread during breakfast. The Titanic just about sums them up...

Oh Mutters - enjoy your brecky, and talking of the Titanic, Question, what were the famous last words of the Captain of the Titanic? Answer, where is all this effin water coming from!
You can wipe your screen clear now! Enjoy :mysmilie_17:

Tickets for Paul Becque's "Engage with Success" event are showing as "unavailable" on the official website-http://www.engagewithsuccess.com/apply.html The explanation is quite simple: the event has been cancelled (I checked with the hotel where it had been scheduled). It's probably for the best. A man who can look you in the eye and tell you that a Constantin Weisz watch is the height of desirability and sophistication, is unlikely to have had high aspirations for his intended audience.

The promotional hype for the event is now looking a little silly. Take this bold claim: "Paul's programs always hit home, empowering and producing unbelievable results for the clients." Doesn't really work without an audience now, does it? It would appear that on this occasion, the phone lines and internet booking site were completely safe from meltdown. Oh dear.

Theatre.jpg

Tickets for Paul Becque's "Engage with Success" event are showing as "unavailable" on the official website-http://www.engagewithsuccess.com/apply.html The explanation is quite simple: the event has been cancelled (I checked with the hotel where it had been scheduled). It's probably for the best. A man who can look you in the eye and tell you that a Constantin Weisz watch is the height of desirability and sophistication, is unlikely to have had high aspirations for his intended audience.

The promotional hype for the event is now looking a little silly. Take this bold claim: "Paul's programs always hit home, empowering and producing unbelievable results for the clients." Doesn't really work without an audience now, does it? It would appear that on this occasion, the phone lines and internet booking site were completely safe from meltdown. Oh dear.

View attachment 14472

Oh what a shame, such a bargain too. It was only available for 20 as well.

Ah well, he'll have to put his watch back into his 10 slot box and matching shoes back on the rack...........till next time :doh:

It was great the other night seeing Genevieve cooing and ahhing over that Krups coffee machine. Even saying how she was talking to a barista who has the very same one at home! What are the odds of meeting someone with the same machine just before you go on air to shill one ;)

Best bit though, is the mention of it being a considered purchase. But then claiming the phones are in meltdown/very busy. There is no way on earth that the phone lines light up when a coffee machine costing the best part of a grand is being aired. I don't believe that for one second. (I think I'm getting old as I now have a feeling I have typed this very message before!!)

I take it to mean that they have sent the entire sales force home except for one poor sod sat by a phone.

Oh what a shame, such a bargain too. It was only available for 20 as well.

Ah well, he'll have to put his watch back into his 10 slot box and matching shoes back on the rack...........till next time :doh:

He was hoping for a few more than twenty, Momma. Tickets were going for £597.00 for a Participant (limited to 20), or £147.00 as a Guest. Would have been a nice little earner.

Oh Mutters - enjoy your brecky, and talking of the Titanic, Question, what were the famous last words of the Captain of the Titanic? Answer, where is all this effin water coming from!
You can wipe your screen clear now! Enjoy :mysmilie_17:

Dave you are a bad man!!!!! I did laugh though....

I find it amusing that when shopping channels, particularly jewellery channels, sell something for a couple of grand and insist they are flying out! If I were buying a coffee machine that price, or expensive jewellery, I would think seriously about it and shop around, read reviews etc. Maybe other people are more reckless than me... or maybe they are being "economical with the truth".

If you go to 0.38s on this Ideal show from earlier today- [video]http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/gtech-k9-blockbuster-2663568?channel=IW[/video] -you will witness the bizarre transformation of the Gtech lady, as she morphs from forsaken zombie to ridiculously enthusiastic presenter.

It’s a seriously cringeworthy moment, which prompted an immediate derisory glance from Gollum Embarrassed.jpg

GTECH woman is just plain bizarre. Still banging on about 24v power and 40 minutes of runtime. If she really did her job properly she would have researched the other vacs and stop making silly claims that actually pale compared to many other vacs sold on the same channel. It is so weird, like she lives in a vacuum where only GTECH exists.

Let me tell you something.

There's supposedly a high end Timepiece sale on now. It features Kevin Reynolds and Mike Mason.

You don't need to know about the Watches, that they're on should say it all.

Surely? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0049.jpgIMG_0039.JPGIMG_0070.JPG

So DODDY FLUMP Rick Hay is once again shilling a Vibrapower thingy, and regrettably he's wearing shorts.

Now, I'm no Adonis but I'm looking at Ricky and thinking 'what's that's gonna do for me?'

So I decided to eat another Donut :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0072.JPGIMG_0071.jpg

Saw a few seconds of Sal yesterday flogging some exercise equipment. Going on about fat round the middle of your body and how bad it is. And its not just her saying that, its the NHS, nurses, doctors etc. It was a really smug presentation about how you must deal with it and, wot a surprise, she was selling exercise equipment. She was inplying you had no choice but to buy it. I didn't by the way...

Latest posts

Back