Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think people have this perception that IW used to be amazing.

it's always been like this... they were just able to go under the radar because a worse company existed. I suspect they always survived on the notion of being the underdog to qvc... and seeming better than bid and auction world etc.

Jesus christ the state of auction world.

I think they did used to be a little better though, mainly on account of them having some likeable presenters in the past. But the current crop are vile - no exceptions. They are either obvious liars, or just downright creepy.

It is a shame because at times they genuinely do have some really good discounts on items.

What's happened to the Jane Plan POD? It was replaced by the legmaster at lunch time and the stock on the repeated hour this morning hadn't sold much, so I'd be surprised if it sold out early.

Wasn't on at 7pm either, though they often swap out item(s) at that time of day (in my experience). Either it had previously sold very badly or they were just getting rid of a few unsold packs which they had quickly managed to shift (perhaps less likely).

I think people have this perception that IW used to be amazing.

it's always been like this... they were just able to go under the radar because a worse company existed. I suspect they always survived on the notion of being the underdog to qvc... and seeming better than bid and auction world etc.

Jesus christ the state of auction world.

Nail hit squarely on the head there!!! Especially when the bid channels were still on air, and as we know, in their wisdom they decided it'd be a great idea to hoover up most of the presenters that became available, so that made everything that was bad about them ten times worse - complete lunacy!

What's happened to the Jane Plan POD? It was replaced by the legmaster at lunch time and the stock on the repeated hour this morning hadn't sold much, so I'd be surprised if it sold out early.

Fairly sure there were crafting materials being advertised for the 7pm hour this evening but guess what? It was the Leg Master Elite again with De Knees presenting, so obviously it must have been selling well enough to have been featured two days in a row in the same timeslot.

I love when creepy serial killer is demo'ing the memory foam mattresses and does his thing with the spring mattress comparison. How he pushes down on the springs and the other side rises, as an example of how if you got on a sprung mattress, your side would sink down, and your partners side would rise in the air. Yes, yes it would do that, if your partner didn't weigh anything!! :)

Plus spring mattresses have ties going through from top to bottom. I'm not saying they don't sink etc, but his demo is meaningless by just having some springs there and nothing else. And man when he climbs onto the beds when he is in that store. Those clips will come back to haunt him when they finally discover the bodies in his cellar :)

I love when creepy serial killer is demo'ing the memory foam mattresses and does his thing with the spring mattress comparison. How he pushes down on the springs and the other side rises, as an example of how if you got on a sprung mattress, your side would sink down, and your partners side would rise in the air. Yes, yes it would do that, if your partner didn't weigh anything!! :)

Plus spring mattresses have ties going through from top to bottom. I'm not saying they don't sink etc, but his demo is meaningless by just having some springs there and nothing else. And man when he climbs onto the beds when he is in that store. Those clips will come back to haunt him when they finally discover the bodies in his cellar :)

I love the clip of the person jumping on the bed and the glasses of wine going everywhere..... like it's the sign of a **** bed and not lunacy on the part of whoever left 4 glasses of wine on a bed and jumped on it.

I noticed that they are selling iphone 5c. It says they are brand new but I thought apple had stopped making this model. Anyone understand this?

Shouty Paul Burque (whatever his last name is) talking about the pop up Pavillion (gets close to the camera and tries to sound sincere)..."it's not my job to tell you what to do. It IS my job to let you know when something is a fantastic deal"

Followed by umpteen moments of, "do not miss out on this.....get your order in now" during the following half hour. But Paul, I thought you said you weren't there to tell us what to do???????

Wow, chinley tech wizardess is on with Dirty Peter and can you believe it!!!!! They are selling a BRAND NEW iPhone with £10 free credit for just £159.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah....slight catch. It's the iPhone 5c which is a 4 year old phone and can't take the latest ios operating system. What a cracking bargain. Have they mentioned it is a 4 year old model and runs the equivalent of Windows XP? Oh, no, it must have slipped their minds ;)

And that disgusting man PS said a number of times an iphone for £53. 33 not mentioning the other two payments and Janice sat there looking at him and saying nothing knowing full well i am sure that this is misleading selling i cannot believe he is getting away with this.

And that disgusting man PS said a number of times an iphone for £53. 33 not mentioning the other two payments and Janice sat there looking at him and saying nothing knowing full well i am sure that this is misleading selling i cannot believe he is getting away with this.

Totally disgusting! And why the hell can't they present it in a more honest fashion ....Yes folks it's an I phone at a good price...ok it's not the latest model etc etc, but if you want to try out a proper I phone, it still does this, but it perhaps doesn't do that, but it's worth a go ....but no as usual they go all out trying to convince you that you're getting an all singing all dancing model for pennies...grrr!

Funny enough i was setting up a Iphone 4 for a relation yesterday, highest IOS is 7 on that phone, i was trying to download a couple of apps and they wouldn't because the IOS is too old, now he wasn't bothered as just wanted to make calls and texts and was given the phone for free , but i can imagine loads of IW customers being really annoyed, and not very good of Janice to be shady and not mention anything, i guess she cant really and is there to sell and not be honest with customers.

Did anyone ask the question about the IOS and not being able to use apps or ask on her facebook/twitter page ?

Found this on Granny Smiths twitter page DDH9r5hXUAAkOKg.jpg
Funny enough i was setting up a Iphone 4 for a relation yesterday, highest IOS is 7 on that phone, i was trying to download a couple of apps and they wouldn't because the IOS is too old, now he wasn't bothered as just wanted to make calls and texts and was given the phone for free , but i can imagine loads of IW customers being really annoyed, and not very good of Janice to be shady and not mention anything, i guess she cant really and is there to sell and not be honest with customers.

Did anyone ask the question about the IOS and not being able to use apps or ask on her facebook/twitter page ?

Sent Janice a tweet...""Will the iPhone 5c download the latest apps with its IOS ? ""....will keep you updated on any reply

The closest she came on the show was saying that the operating system was ios 10....but with no explanation whatsoever as to what that entails.

Something tells me that she is too afraid to point out the pitfalls, because let's be honest, where else would someone with her expertise find a job? ;)

wow,fairly quick response.....Apparently it runs 10.3.2.... Phil Johnson‏ @Philipjohnson56 2h2 hours ago

@janicephillips Will the iPhone 5c download the latest apps with its IOS ?
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Janice Phillips‏ @janicephillips
Replying to @Philipjohnson56

It runs 10.3.2 so@as long as they are compatible then yes

10 is the latest isn't it so i take my comment back , so to be fair its a good price, i dont think it will update to 11 tho

Latest posts

Back