Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was watching Nanty last night, he was gushing over that Tefal Cook4Me+ which, in fairness, was genuinely over £100 cheaper than elsewhere.

But it’s such huge savings that tend to make me suspicious so I thought I’d look at the product. From the shonky, overhyped, hysterical, hyperbole laden presentation it wasn’t immediately clear to me what the Tefal Cook4Me+ actually is.

On looking I discovered the Tefal Cook4Me+ is a 6 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker which has a menu that contains 100 simple recipes to follow. It really is nothing more than an Electric Pressure Cooker with a Timer and a relatively small, limited Recipe Book built into it although I have no doubt being from Tefal it is very well made.

So whether it’s on offer at Ideal World for £160 or sold elsewhere at £270 it seems pretty overpriced to me.

The very latest 6 Litre Pressure King Pro Electric Pressure Cooker is also a Slow Cooker, Steamer, Fryer and Multi Cooker and has all manner of timer options and Pre Sets and costs just £100 delivered. It comes with a ‘Traditional’ 80 Recipe Book but there are literally 1000’s of Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes available online, indeed there are dedicated websites on the subject. In fact Ideal World themselves sell a somewhat similar 6 Litre Tower Electric Pressure Cooker which is also £100 (£5 delivery).

I do like Tefal stuff, there’s no denying it’s good quality (we’ve had our Pans for years and they’re still going strong) but this Cook4Me+ seems so over hyped and over priced.

It’s a Pressure Cooker :mysmilie_59:

I was watching Nanty last night, he was gushing over that Tefal Cook4Me+ which, in fairness, was genuinely over £100 cheaper than elsewhere.

But it’s such huge savings that tend to make me suspicious so I thought I’d look at the product. From the shonky, overhyped, hysterical, hyperbole laden presentation it wasn’t immediately clear to me what the Tefal Cook4Me+ actually is.

On looking I discovered the Tefal Cook4Me+ is a 6 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker which has a menu that contains 100 simple recipes to follow. It really is nothing more than an Electric Pressure Cooker with a Timer and a relatively small, limited Recipe Book built into it although I have no doubt being from Tefal it is very well made.

So whether it’s on offer at Ideal World for £160 or sold elsewhere at £270 it seems pretty overpriced to me.

The very latest 6 Litre Pressure King Pro Electric Pressure Cooker is also a Slow Cooker, Steamer, Fryer and Multi Cooker and has all manner of timer options and Pre Sets and costs just £100 delivered. It comes with a ‘Traditional’ 80 Recipe Book but there are literally 1000’s of Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes available online, indeed there are dedicated websites on the subject. In fact Ideal World themselves sell a somewhat similar 6 Litre Tower Electric Pressure Cooker which is also £100 (£5 delivery).

I do like Tefal stuff, there’s no denying it’s good quality (we’ve had our Pans for years and they’re still going strong) but this Cook4Me+ seems so over hyped and over priced.

It’s a Pressure Cooker :mysmilie_59:

we forget to take into account that they are selling to people they believe simply can't/won't look for recipes online, so it's easy to treat them as idiots.

we forget to take into account that they are selling to people they believe simply can't/won't look for recipes online, so it's easy to treat them as idiots.

One of the ‘recipes’ it had on it’s menu was for Baked Cheesecake.‘Chef’ Joe (who now appears to be imitating Brian Blessed when he’s inhaled too much Helium) proceeded to demonstrate.

The first thing the Tefal Cook4Me+ told him to do was melt Butter and mix in crushed Digestives in a pan, press the mixture into the base of a Ramekin and then bake it in your own traditional oven for around 10 minutes. Only then do you use the Cook4Me+ device itself to bake the Cheescake mixture in the Ramekins, surrounded by a water bath.

I have to say it did cross my mind, wouldn’t it be far less of a faff just to cook it all using your own traditional oven? :confused:

One of the ‘recipes’ it had on it’s menu was for Baked Cheesecake.‘Chef’ Joe (who now appears to be imitating Brian Blessed who has inhaled too much Helium) proceeded to demonstrate.

The first thing the Tefal Cook4Me+ told him to do was melt Butter and mix in crushed Digestives in a pan, press the mixture into the base of a Ramekin and then bake it in a traditional oven for around 10 minutes. Only then do you use the Cook4Me+ device itself to bake the Cheescake mixture in the Ramekins, surrounded by a water bath.

I have to say it did cross my mind, wouldn’t it be far less of a faff to just do it all in the traditional oven? :mysmilie_13:

so you also have to own an oven? sounds a bit odd... I thought IW was anti-oven...what with selling items to try and render an oven obsolete (haha)

One of the ‘recipes’ it had on it’s menu was for Baked Cheesecake.‘Chef’ Joe (who now appears to be imitating Brian Blessed who has inhaled too much Helium) proceeded to demonstrate.

The first thing the Tefal Cook4Me+ told him to do was melt Butter and mix in crushed Digestives in a pan, press the mixture into the base of a Ramekin and then bake it in a traditional oven for around 10 minutes. Only then do you use the Cook4Me+ device itself to bake the Cheescake mixture in the Ramekins, surrounded by a water bath.

I have to say it did cross my mind, wouldn’t it be far less of a faff to just do it all in the traditional oven? :mysmilie_13:

But that takes half a day to heat up :mysmilie_19:

Nanty was talking to ‘Chef’ Joe about Valentine’s Day.

He said he usually just buys Ready Meals in for Valo to which Joe said ‘nothing shows love like a Ready Meal’ to which Nanty replied, hissing like an Old Queen ‘at least I have someone with me on Valentine’s Day’

Of course he made zero mention of ‘who’ the person is that he has with him on Valo, or what the relationship is, he never even alluded to whether the mystery person is a Man or Woman :mysmilie_19:

It’s kinda clear that Joe is possibly another who can’t stand Nanty.

He really is a Bona Fide tool. I honestly don’t think that this utter phony could make himself more dislikable, even if he was offered a million quid to do so :mysmilie_59:

Nanty was talking to ‘Chef’ Joe about Valentine’s Day.

He said he usually just buys Ready Meals in for Valo to which Joe said ‘nothing shows love like a Ready Meal’ to which Nanty replied, hissing like an Old Queen ‘at least I have someone with me on Valentine’s Day’

Of course he made zero mention of ‘who’ the person is that he has with him on Valo, or what the relationship is, he never even alluded to whether the mystery person is a Man or Woman :mysmilie_19:

It’s kinda clear that Joe is possibly another who can’t stand Nanty.

He really is a Bona Fide tool. I honestly don’t think that this utter phony could make himself more dislikable, even if he was offered a million quid to do so :mysmilie_59:

'I'm not being funny' :mysmilie_51:...I wish he'd cut out the 'heyyyyyyyy hello there......' intro

'I'm not being funny' :mysmilie_51:...I wish he'd cut out the 'heyyyyyyyy hello there......' intro

The Plank’s Diva Like antics didn’t stop at the bitchy (and laughable) comments to Joe.

Of course he mentioned a few times he’s been on Ideal World for 18 years :yawn: and added that the Cook4Me+ ‘show’ was on for 2 hours. He’d just presented an hour of Cruises (including to destinations where you can be executed for being Gay) and he said he ‘never’ presents for 3 hours solid (hark at him) but was doing so as he loves Tefal.

And he went further, adding he was on early today which again he never does when he’s been on a late ‘show’.

It all sounded rather ‘aren't you all lucky’ to my ear but if that is right then I disagree with him. Having to endure looking at a balding, dyed ginger whiskered, lop sided mouthed, hypocritical phony bore who cannot even pronounce prices properly after 18 years is very bad luck.

Poor Jase :mysmilie_59:

Bit like his mate DP who opens a 'fashion' show with how he only does these hours when he's passionate about the content or some such garbled tosh

Get him! Nothing to do with when he's on the rota then?

I bet the models wish he'd never do them

The Plank’s Diva Like antics didn’t stop at the bitchy (and laughable) comments to Joe.

Of course he mentioned a few times he’s been on Ideal World for 18 years :yawn: and added that the Cook4Me+ ‘show’ was on for 2 hours. He’d just presented an hour of Cruises (including to destinations where you can be executed for being Gay) and he said he ‘never’ presents for 3 hours solid (hark at him) but was doing so as he loves Tefal.

And he went further, adding he was on early today which again he never does when he’s been on a late ‘show’.

It all sounded rather ‘aren't you all lucky’ to my ear but if that is right then I disagree with him. Having to endure looking at a balding, dyed ginger whiskered, lop sided mouthed, hypocritical phony bore who cannot even pronounce prices properly after 18 years is very bad luck.

Poor Jase :mysmilie_59:

So don't you like him then?

If there's 100 recipes on this Tefal Cook4Me, why does he cook the same old stuff over and over?

But some of the recipes aren’t really ‘recipes’ as such. Take the Chicken Tikka Masala, all it said was : -

Brown Chicken and Onions
Add bought Masala Paste
Add liquid
Turn on for 3 minutes

And that was it. One of the other recipes was to cook Potatoes although it had 2 options, one for Old Potatoes and one for New Potatoes.

Basically it boiled Potatoes :mysmilie_19:

But some of the recipes aren’t really ‘recipes’ as such. Take the Chicken Tikka Masala, all it said was : -

Brown Chicken and Onions
Add bought Masala Paste
Add liquid
Turn on for 3 minutes

And that was it. One of the other recipes was to cook Potatoes although it had 2 options, one for Old Potatoes and one for New Potatoes.

Basically it boiled Potatoes :mysmilie_19:

Ah yes, there's a recipe for sweet potatoes too :mysmilie_19:

I was mildly interested in this but after seeing it a few times, I'm out..........I'm in love with my new little Remoska cooker

Ah yes, there's a recipe for sweet potatoes too :mysmilie_19:

I was mildly interested in this but after seeing it a few times, I'm out..........I'm in love with my new little Remoska cooker

I have no doubt it will be a top quality product, and they were selling it at over £100 cheaper than anywhere else. But the idea this device should cost £270 seems totally crazy.

But at the end if th day it’s an Electric Pressure Cooker with 100 recipes in a memory. But I figure if you can read a tiny LED menu you can probably read a Tablet or Recipe Book. Or use one of the multitudes of presets most Electric Pressure Cookers have.

Each to their own I guess :mysmilie_59:

I actually bought the Tefal Cook4me and I love it. Though I was very disappointed to discover a few weeks later that it had actually been superseded by the newer one they are showing. Mine has 50 recipes built in I think instead of the 100 of the new one. But what I like is the app that accompanies it and connects to the Tefal cook4me via Bluetooth. It is pretty cool seeing new recipes being added, and that people get a chance to comment on and rate them.

Sure, I'm a moron when it comes to cooking, but with only one properly working arm I'm a bit useless in the kitchen. I like that with the Tefal everything is clear and simple, and timing of adding ingredients is great. I just prepare all that is needed, and then follow the screen instructions. And it cooks really quick, probably because it is self powered as well?

And it cooks rice better than any rice cooker I have ever owned. So for useless old buggers like me, it is really a nice bit of kit :) No regrets with my purchase (I think I paid £130?)

Latest posts

Back