Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love to read the details of the 5 year guarantee with these Swam And Edgar watches.

Could it possibly be something like ' This watch is guaranteed for 5 years, providing that it is serviced every year'? Or 'This watch is guaranteed for 5 years providing it doesn't go wrong'?

I just feel there must be some conditions if they guarantee this rubbish for so long.

I would love to read the details of the 5 year guarantee with these Swam And Edgar watches.

Could it possibly be something like ' This watch is guaranteed for 5 years, providing that it is serviced every year'? Or 'This watch is guaranteed for 5 years providing it doesn't go wrong'?

I just feel there must be some conditions if they guarantee this rubbish for so long.

From their web site.

When you send watch back, you've to pay £20 to cover admin, p & P. Considering the wholesale price for these things will be very low, then £20 probably would cover them for replacing your watch without making a loss. :mysmilie_17:

Again from their web site:-

"Please note that your warranty does not cover damage caused by neglect or improper use, normal wear and tear or ageing. Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, at it’s absolute discretion, to decide if damage to the watch has been caused by one of the aforementioned reasons. Furthermore, should Fields Luxury Ltd decide that any attempted repair has been carried out by unauthorised persons, the Warranty shall automatically be rendered null and void.
Due to reasons of non availability of any model for whatever reason, Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, unconditionally, to replace the watch with another model of it’s choosing, including a model from any associated brand."

From their web site.

When you send watch back, you've to pay £20 to cover admin, p & P. Considering the wholesale price for these things will be very low, then £20 probably would cover them for replacing your watch without making a loss. :mysmilie_17:

Again from their web site:-

"Please note that your warranty does not cover damage caused by neglect or improper use, normal wear and tear or ageing. Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, at it’s absolute discretion, to decide if damage to the watch has been caused by one of the aforementioned reasons. Furthermore, should Fields Luxury Ltd decide that any attempted repair has been carried out by unauthorised persons, the Warranty shall automatically be rendered null and void.
Due to reasons of non availability of any model for whatever reason, Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, unconditionally, to replace the watch with another model of it’s choosing, including a model from any associated brand."

I just knew that there had to be a catch!!! With a guarantee like that, they could afford to make it a lifetime one. What an absolute joke. :mysmilie_19:

That's unbelievable! That's not a guarantee! If I was spending that money on a watch I'd expect it not to break within 5 years anyway. If they're gonna guarantee their products for five years then that should mean, they'll replace it at no cost whatsover to the buyer....£20 for a replacement or similar product would be a nice gesture of goodwill should the product go wrong with in say a month of the guarantee expiring, but not part of the standard guarantee..that's shocking. To be honest, who believes this company "Fields Luxury Ltd" will even be a thing in 5 years time? I don't! So good luck with that one lol!

Poo Poo reckons that ‘everybody needs a Rug Doctor’.

Well Proto Col Man certainly does :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo reckons that ‘everybody needs a Rug Doctor’.

Well Proto Col Man certainly does :mysmilie_59:

Well he better take care, as you have to be extra careful with new rugs. :mysmilie_11:

It's Mason next with Vostok, his watch is still in stock although not in the program schedule, wonder if he'll mention he's finally got it.

Ah well, so Mr Mason still hasn't bought that Almaz yet, which is strange because he said the only thing stopping him buying it was cause it kept selling out, well it's been in stock since the last show, so he can't use that as an excuse.

Mr Reynolds said £140 for a bracelet on the Vostok, you can get them for less than a £100 from P. Maier GmbH (Vostok Europe Dealer) in Germany.

Mason's world must be confined to what he sells on IW, as he's pretty ignorant to what is actually available out there.

On Vostok GAZ 24 All Timer. "What's mind blowing about this watch is the movement with the perpetual calendar, get ready for this, cause you'll never see a watch like this."

Nope never seen such a thing, oops wait a minute, I've got the Seiko SPC129P1 Chronograph, Perpetual Calendar, which does the exact same thing, so yes have seen a watch like it.

I see they have stopped to a new low. Tuned in to the Apple iPhone show for a second (just to giggle at the price) and they had some giner haired dude.....with a man bun!! They should be ashamed of themselves, and so should he.

I see they have stopped to a new low. Tuned in to the Apple iPhone show for a second (just to giggle at the price) and they had some giner haired dude.....with a man bun!! They should be ashamed of themselves, and so should he.

GOLLUM introduced him as ‘our goto gadget guru’.

Unfortunately Ideal World’s definition of a ‘goto gadget guru’ is a Goon who will big up an extortionately priced, second hand, old mobile phone.

And from what little I’ve seen of The Ginger Bun he seems eminently qualified :mysmilie_59:

Ah well, so Mr Mason still hasn't bought that Almaz yet, which is strange because he said the only thing stopping him buying it was cause it kept selling out, well it's been in stock since the last show, so he can't use that as an excuse.

Mr Reynolds said £140 for a bracelet on the Vostok, you can get them for less than a £100 from P. Maier GmbH (Vostok Europe Dealer) in Germany.

Yes, there really is no excuse, particularly after his claim of being "gutted" after an anticipated sellout of the Almaz on a previous show-which never happened! There was an awkward moment during yesterday's show, when Kevinski phoned in and made mention of Mason's Vostok collection, with particular reference to the Almaz: "I haven't got the Almaz yet," replied an awkward looking Mason, before quickly 'remembering' that he did indeed have the 'Mr Grey's' version of the watch. Must be really difficult to recall a specific model when your vast Vostok collection consists of...three watches!

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/vostok-europe-timepieces-2781864?channel=IW

The fun starts at 16m:15s

Yes, there really is no excuse, particularly after his claim of being "gutted" after an anticipated sellout of the Almaz on a previous show-which never happened! There was an awkward moment during yesterday's show, when Kevinski phoned in and made mention of Mason's Vostok collection, with particular reference to the Almaz: "I haven't got the Almaz yet," replied an awkward looking Mason, before quickly 'remembering' that he did indeed have the 'Mr Grey's' version of the watch. Must be really difficult to recall a specific model when your vast Vostok collection consists of...three watches!

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/vostok-europe-timepieces-2781864?channel=IW

The fun starts at 16m:15s

Yeah saw that, that's why I posted he hasn't bought the Almaz yet. He really is a devious character. Also not liking these Vostok collectors being used as a selling tactic, nothing against them for collecting Vostok watches, but having seen their reviews for some of the other watches/brands they've bought, then I think their credibility as knowledgeable watch collectors, whose opinion should be worthy of considering or taking account of, when possibly buying from Ideal World, is very much in doubt. Seems to me that they bought into the P Simon book, that any old tat IW sells is worthy of collecting and insuring as a future heirloom.

But back on Mason, to think he had the brass neck to spew this load of verbal diarrhoea the other day while he was flogging a cordless Vacuum, you know when he is in the "honestly guys, I've been doing this for many years" mode.

“never do I try to hoodwink you into something you don’t want, need or desire. I stand by my integrity guys, I really do, I’ve done this for a very long time and I sleep very well at night, knowing that I like to present things on their merits and let you have an informed decision, and give you a chance to make that decision through the experience of a product. So never do I over egg the pudding, never do I tell you something that I can’t substantiate at the point when I’m making the claim, never am I, in any way shape or form covert or I think misleading.”
Sure we believe you, we'll remember that next time you're introducing a budget phone and ask the viewer what it's worth, and start at a £200 price, state a few features and you're over a £1000, then final say the actual price of £89.99 as though we're getting the bargain of the century, yep, you never hoodwink, mislead or act in a covert manner. :mysmilie_19:

Yeah saw that, that's why I posted he hasn't bought the Almaz yet. He really is a devious character. Also not liking these Vostok collectors being used as a selling tactic, nothing against them for collecting Vostok watches, but having seen their reviews for some of the other watches/brands they've bought, then I think their credibility as knowledgeable watch collectors, whose opinion should be worthy of considering or taking account of, when possibly buying from Ideal World, is very much in doubt. Seems to me that they bought into the P Simon book, that any old tat IW sells is worthy of collecting and insuring as a future heirloom.

But back on Mason, to think he had the brass neck to spew this load of verbal diarrhoea the other day while he was flogging a cordless Vacuum, you know when he is in the "honestly guys, I've been doing this for many years" mode.

“never do I try to hoodwink you into something you don’t want, need or desire. I stand by my integrity guys, I really do, I’ve done this for a very long time and I sleep very well at night, knowing that I like to present things on their merits and let you have an informed decision, and give you a chance to make that decision through the experience of a product. So never do I over egg the pudding, never do I tell you something that I can’t substantiate at the point when I’m making the claim, never am I, in any way shape or form covert or I think misleading.”
Sure we believe you, we'll remember that next time you're introducing a budget phone and ask the viewer what it's worth, and start at a £200 price, state a few features and you're over a £1000, then final say the actual price of £89.99 as though we're getting the bargain of the century, yep, you never hoodwink, mislead or act in a covert manner. :mysmilie_19:

He could send an unsigned letter to say he has a vast collection, and enclose a signed letter to say he doesn't actually have any. Seems like a good ruse.

How many sodding watches do people buy?

Depends on what people want from a watch, if only to tell the time, they'll probably just buy one from a high street Fashion brand or none (use their phone).

If you're into watches then there is no limit to how many you may buy, depending on your finances, gets a bit addictive at times.:mysmilie_17:

This reminds me of the George Burns quote: 'The key to success is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made.' Seems like Mr Mason was trying a little too hard to prove his trustworthiness here; it sounds like he's responding to a complaint(s) rather than a spontaneous delivery. The one point that does ring true is him sleeping well at night. I'm sure he enjoys a nice little earner from his presenter's role and is unlikely to have any qualms about the techniques he uses to sustain his position. As for him standing by his integrity, he may not be quite as crude, but I'd say he's pretty much on a par with ('I tell it like it is') Peter Simon.

Last edited:
Roll eyes Hayley was flogging the rug doctor yesterday, she was telling us that when she moved and hired a rug doctor for the weekend it cost her £200, should of gone to Homebase as its only £27

https://www.homebase.co.uk/rug-doctor-carpet-cleaner-48-hour-hire_p507244

Or Tesco for £28.99

https://tesco.rugdoctor.co.uk/

Or B & Q for £27

https://www.diy.com/rug_doctor/

Or Johnson's for £28.99
https://www.johnsoncleaners.com/services/home-textiles/carpet-cleaning/

Or maybe she made the whole thing up :mysmilie_51:

A dumb question, but yesterday the VE watch strap (I forget the model - the one with the aeroplane on the case back) was described as having its strap made from 'PVD'? I'm guessing you watch guys know what this is, care to enlighten me?

Latest posts

Back