Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon - "A swiss chrono for under £150, unheard of"

he must have forgotten he's been selling Swiss Military hanowa chronos for under £150

Ps

Would like to admit a mistake in an earlier post, I said they were showing a picture of the guy that started the CCCP brand, actually the picture they were showing is the person (Aleksandr Aleksandrov, mathematician) who was the inspiration for one of the watch designs and the watch was named after him too. Despite this confusion, the post still is accurate in that they are claiming CCCP started in 1924, when the person (Alexander Shorokhov) that started the brand wasn't born till 1960.

A funny thing about Ideal world watch shows, and I've been watching them for nearly two years now, is the different Countries mentioned during these shows with their connection to various brands, these Countries are mention numerous times during the shows, over many shows.
We have had:-

America
Britain
Germany
Italy
Lithuania
Russia
Switzerland

Yet one Country has never ever been mentioned, which is kinda strange as the bulk of the watches sold on Ideal World, are either wholly made there or start their journey there before being finished elsewhere (so that it can be claimed to be made there). Some of those brands that have watches originating in this mysterious country are:-

Ballast
Ben Sherman
CCCP
Cerruti
Constantin Weisz
DeLorean
Emporio Armani
Green Time
Heritor
James McCabe
Lucien Piccard
MG
Police
Pramzius
Swan & Edgar
Swiss Eagle
Swiss Legend
Thomas Earnshaw
Timberland

Considering how big a part this Country plays in Ideal world's watch ctalogue, why do they never mention CHINA. :mysmilie_11:

Nanty and Joe are shilling a Cooker.

I’ve only been watching for 5 minutes and I’ve lost count how many times Nanty has mentioned his Mam.

Me Mam will be 79 in a few months .......
If you live by yourself like me Mam does ......
Me Mam and Dad owned a Fish and Chip Shop .........
If ever me and me Mam go out for Sunday Lunch .....
I love Pork Crackling, if me Mam is watching she’ll be saying ‘behave yourself’ ......

More like his Mam will be saying ‘Shut up you boring little sh...... :mysmilie_59:

Shaun - "when you see them even from a distance, you know the quality you get with Heritor. There are some automatic watches out there now, that don't have the great movements, aren't nicely finished, this is a £760 watch"

Considering what he's selling, can't believe he has the nerve to accuse other watches of this, and as for the woman, another with high credentials like the Queens Jeweler, but like Miss Garrards she not slow in exaggerating the quality on offer, and very scant with actual technical detail, been on 45 mins and nothing about the specifications of the movements, their only interested in sharing cosmetic details.

Heritor can inflate the RRP price all they want so that their dealers can sell at vastly reduced price, giving customers the impression they are getting Quality at bargain prices, but at the end of the day mutton dressed up as lamb, is still mutton.

And nothing said about about where these watches are made.

Shaun - "when you see them even from a distance, you know the quality you get with Heritor. There are some automatic watches out there now, that don't have the great movements, aren't nicely finished, this is a £760 watch"

Considering what he's selling, can't believe he has the nerve to accuse other watches of this, and as for the woman, another with high credentials like the Queens Jeweler, but like Miss Garrards she not slow in exaggerating the quality on offer, and very scant with actual technical detail, been on 45 mins and nothing about the specifications of the movements, their only interested in sharing cosmetic details.

Heritor can inflate the RRP price all they want so that their dealers can sell at vastly reduced price, giving customers the impression they are getting Quality at bargain prices, but at the end of the day mutton dressed up as lamb, is still mutton.

If they don't specify the country of manufacture, you can be pretty sure it's China.

I watched a bit of the Heritor ‘Show’ with Nanty and Charlie Dimmock.

I thought Nanty’s constant references to the genuinely preposterous RRP’s on the Heritor website to be quite revolting.

He is a shameless shyster. His ‘Mam’ must be so proud :down:

I watched a bit of the Heritor ‘Show’ with Nanty and Charlie Dimmock.

I thought Nanty’s constant references to the genuinely preposterous RRP’s on the Heritor website to be quite revolting.

He is a shameless shyster. His ‘Mam’ must be so proud :down:

Totally agree, it's a really disgusting tactic, that they are using to lure the uniformed into purchasing an item they think is of greater quality than actual is, at a bargain price. Ok for us folk that are fairly savvy, but unfortunately there is a lot of folk (no fault of their own) out their that can be easily conned and preyed on by these shysters.

It's a tactic that is policy for Resultco (owner of the Heritor and 18 other recently invented brands) as their President Jeff Freedman stated in an interview.
"We accept the consumer’s psychology of never buying a product at retail regardless of brand. Today’s consumer needs to satisfy their mental state to want a discount when making a purchase. To aid the retailer we enhance the retail price with an expectation that the dealer will discount at purchase."

Last edited:
Totally agree, it's a really disgusting tactic, that they are using to lure the uniformed into purchasing an item they think is of greater quality than actual is, at a bargain price. Ok for us folk that are fairly savvy, but unfortunately there is a lot of folk (no fault of their own) out their that can be easily conned and preyed on by these shysters.

It's a tactic that is policy for Resultco (owner of the Heritor and 18 other recently invented brands) as their President Jeff Freedman stated in an interview.
"We accept the consumer’s psychology of never buying a product at retail regardless of brand. Today’s consumer needs to satisfy their mental state to want a discount when making a purchase. To aid the retailer we enhance the retail price with an expectation that the dealer will discount at purchase."

Hammy, it’s straight out of the Bid TV Rule Book.

They always used to do it with no name Perfumes and Face Potions but the difference with Ideal World and Heritor is we’re talking hundreds of pounds.

Nanty even used the Heritor website prices to hurry people up as he said something like ‘if you still really want it if we sell out you can always pay £750 from Heritor’

That’s really so shady, he’s such a creep :down:

Couldn't agree more! It's a disgusting tactic...Not so bad if the not so savvy person bought the item for themselves because they like the look of it...but with Christmas coming up, there's a fair chance, they'll be buying what they think is a "prestige gift" for a loved one, and sadly that loved one, despite appreciating the thought, will think they bought it in a pop up shop, or from dodgy Dave down the pub..Sad when they'd get something 100% more giftable from Argos!

Totally agree, it's a really disgusting tactic, that they are using to lure the uniformed into purchasing an item they think is of greater quality than actual is, at a bargain price.

Surely it must be more people than the military, emergency services and lollipop ladies/gents who are lured into buying these watches?!:wink:

Tonight at 10 you have another chance to get a Swan And Edgar Chinese watch for around £130. Don't bother going on the internet to buy the same watch for £20 without the same branding with free shipping, you won't get a guarantee with it.

And don't forget to put it on your household insurance, because the Swan And Edgar is worth £300 to £400.

Tonight at 10 you have another chance to get a Swan And Edgar Chinese watch for around £130. Don't bother going on the internet to buy the same watch for £20 without the same branding with free shipping, you won't get a guarantee with it.

And don't forget to put it on your household insurance, because the Swan And Edgar is worth £300 to £400.

Yeah you would be a fool to buy from China when you can get Uber luxury British watches from IW, worth hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

Oh and you won't be getting a £70 pen from china either. :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
IW watch worth £300 to £400 + £8.99 p & p from Peterborough.

482943_STANDARD__BSI_20190610.jpg

Gee looks familiar

Ali's £20 watch free p & p from China

1.jpg

Oh mr Fields just said, to get that technology on to your wist, has been an engineering and design feat. :mysmilie_19:

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a worse collection of overpriced junk in your life? Every one of them looks so tacky! Mind you, if any dust gets inside the watches, it just falls off the movement due to the special treatment. :mysmilie_19:

Have you ever seen a worse collection of overpriced junk in your life? Every one of them looks so tacky! Mind you, if any dust gets inside the watches, it just falls off the movement due to the special treatment. :mysmilie_19:

Nothing special at all, you can pick from hundreds of similar designs and quality for a lot less on Ali.

Probably made in a factory like this (or one of the scores of similar factories that exist in China).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJglj2PT2Qk

Last edited:
Swan and Edgar are quite possibly the worst example of shystery that I’ve ever seen on Ideal World and jeez, there’s plenty of examples to choose from. Check out these reviews from ‘satisfied’ customers ......

’I bought this watch as an impulse buy after seeing it on TV but was very disappointed when I received it. It's fairly obvious, no matter what it says on the face of the watch this, and all the others in the range, are cheap Chinese watches and movements. The dial looks cheap because it's printed rather than having applied numerals, and the shield looks more pink than rose gold. The watch feels lightweight and lacking in quality too and no better than the cheap watches available elsewhere. Constantin Weisz and Earnshaw do these kind of watches better and it doesn't do the prestigious name any favours. Just my personal opinion and someone else might think different Don’t waste your money, moon phase not correctly aligned, crown button used to set the time became detached after one month of being used twice a week. This watch is cheap for a reason’

’Don’t waste your money, moon phase not correctly aligned, crown button used to set the time became detached after one month of being used twice a week. This watch is cheap for a reason. I won’t waste my time with this brand again. Awaiting response from customer service for a full refund. Very disappointed in Ideal World selling this level of tat. I’ve happily purchased Vostok,Nubeo,Ballast and Traser before with no issues’

Awful :down:

Swan and Edgar are quite possibly the worst example of shystery that I’ve ever seen on Ideal World and jeez, there’s plenty of examples to choose from. Check out these reviews from ‘satisfied’ customers ......

’I bought this watch as an impulse buy after seeing it on TV but was very disappointed when I received it. It's fairly obvious, no matter what it says on the face of the watch this, and all the others in the range, are cheap Chinese watches and movements. The dial looks cheap because it's printed rather than having applied numerals, and the shield looks more pink than rose gold. The watch feels lightweight and lacking in quality too and no better than the cheap watches available elsewhere. Constantin Weisz and Earnshaw do these kind of watches better and it doesn't do the prestigious name any favours. Just my personal opinion and someone else might think different Don’t waste your money, moon phase not correctly aligned, crown button used to set the time became detached after one month of being used twice a week. This watch is cheap for a reason’

’Don’t waste your money, moon phase not correctly aligned, crown button used to set the time became detached after one month of being used twice a week. This watch is cheap for a reason. I won’t waste my time with this brand again. Awaiting response from customer service for a full refund. Very disappointed in Ideal World selling this level of tat. I’ve happily purchased Vostok,Nubeo,Ballast and Traser before with no issues’

Awful :down:

There is another review which says the minute hand was rattling around loose under the glass.
What is particularly poignant is that several of the IW customers who save submitted reviews really believe that Swan and Edgar is actually a brand that manufactures watches - they have been deliberately misled into this by the shameless IW presenters.
Back in 2010 Watchdog screened an investigation into Chinese watches marketed under the name Belmar Geneve and sold at mock auctions where there was literature stating that the list price was ,for example, £6500.
This is exactly what IW are doing with Heritor et al , and I would not be surprised if IW come a serious cropper before very long.

There is another review which says the minute hand was rattling around loose under the glass.
What is particularly poignant is that several of the IW customers who save submitted reviews really believe that Swan and Edgar is actually a brand that manufactures watches - they have been deliberately misled into this by the shameless IW presenters.
Back in 2010 Watchdog screened an investigation into Chinese watches marketed under the name Belmar Geneve and sold at mock auctions where there was literature stating that the list price was ,for example, £6500.
This is exactly what IW are doing with Heritor et al , and I would not be surprised if IW come a serious cropper before very long.

It’s terrible Aqua.

I hope they do come a serious cropper for this, such sales tactics are downright mean :down:

Latest posts

Back