Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a vintage Archos tablet, long before any other tablet seemed to be on the market.

And it had 160GB too, so running out of storage was no problem.

The build quality was superb, made of metal.

Claw and teeth doing a bedroom show together and claw decides to give us some "facts" about a bad nights sleep...."if you wake up with aches and pains and think that you slept funny. It isn't that you slept funny, it is what you are sleeping on" …..wait for it...."I truly believe that"

She does this a lot, makes a statement as though it is fact, and follows up with "I truly believe that"

Stop making crap up woman!

Claw and teeth doing a bedroom show together and claw decides to give us some "facts" about a bad nights sleep...."if you wake up with aches and pains and think that you slept funny. It isn't that you slept funny, it is what you are sleeping on" …..wait for it...."I truly believe that"

She does this a lot, makes a statement as though it is fact, and follows up with "I truly believe that"

Stop making crap up woman!

they could conduct masterclasses on giving an authority of fact, but with the wording so they can claim opinion to avoid trouble... but not so much opinion that the masses would question their fact.

Just watching Mikey boy and a guest presenter flogging the quality Thomas Earnshaw watches. Mikey had one watch on his wrist, price around £230. On the close up, there in all of it's glory on the dial was the brand name,
"Earnsha 1805". Yes, that's right, Earnsha!! The flippin' w was missing from the name!!! I bet the master watch maker who's name is on this thing is turning in his grave.

earnsha.jpg

Maybe that's why they give you a free pen.....to finish it off :mysmilie_19:

I can't believe it was on screen, including a good few close up shots, for almost two and a half minutes before anyone noticed :mysmilie_17:

View attachment 15747

Maybe that's why they give you a free pen.....to finish it off :mysmilie_19:

I can't believe it was on screen, including a good few close up shots, for almost two and a half minutes before anyone noticed :mysmilie_17:

Just goes to show how good the final inspection at the factory is when carried out (or not). Perhaps they are unable to read properly. Also, no one spotted it while presenting the watch either. It really shows how observant these fine sellers of lovely watches are (or not). Well spotted screenshot tho!

Good God! that's absolutely hilarious, I mean it's a shonky enough brand when it's spelled right...what a load of old shi!!

The best part is, they want you to believe that it's a watch with an RRP of over £400. Ha ha ha ho ho ho.:mysmilie_19:

Just been watching the live show featuring the Alcatel phone - which according to the claw contains "the latest technology" the latest technology being 2gb ram, 16gb storage and a 720p screen!

BUT, she was banging on about how quickly you needed to order because they were so busy. That the blue one in particular was selling really fast. She then mentioned that they had 20 left of the blue ones. So I sat and carried on watching, and it took 30 minutes ….yes 30 minutes, before she announced the blue had sold out.

So super busy to them is selling 40 an hour? Less for the black version. No that to me doesn't seem to be particular busy at all? In fact it's pretty rubbish when you think how little profit they must be making on a £130 phone. How do they make it pay to have a full hour dedicated to it???

Today they had Paul 'Shreque' Becque followed by De Knees selling eLife electric bikes, both on their own for an hour each. Normally when Ideal World sells bikes they have a "fitness expert" (usually Mr Brittas) alongside a regular presenter, but this time they replayed clips from a previous presentation in lieu of said "fitness expert". One of the clips used had Peter Simon saying that run flat tyres on cars were essentially the 'same' sort of thing as puncture resistance, which anyone who knows anything about tyres will know that's complete nonsense; "run flat" means a car tyre can keep rolling without air at relatively low speeds over a fairly short distance (usually enough to get you home or to a safe destination) whilst puncture resistance refers to the tyre being less likely to puncture in the first place.

Today they had Paul 'Shreque' Becque followed by De Knees selling eLife electric bikes, both on their own for an hour each. Normally when Ideal World sells bikes they have a "fitness expert" (usually Mr Brittas) alongside a regular presenter, but this time they replayed clips from a previous presentation in lieu of said "fitness expert". One of the clips used had Peter Simon saying that run flat tyres on cars were essentially the 'same' sort of thing as puncture resistance, which anyone who knows anything about tyres will know that's complete nonsense; "run flat" means a car tyre can keep rolling without air at relatively low speeds over a fairly short distance (usually enough to get you home or to a safe destination) whilst puncture resistance refers to the tyre being less likely to puncture in the first place.

the past clips thing is really clever as it pads out the time and people don't realise that a presenter simply can't talk about the same product for an hour.

I wonder how much of an IW live hour is actually live.

I was a bit surprised when their last "expert" during an elife bike hour, was the American fella from Dancing on Ice! I mean, what an odd choice to pick as an expert.

I was a bit surprised when their last "expert" during an elife bike hour, was the American fella from Dancing on Ice! I mean, what an odd choice to pick as an expert.
Yes I saw a little bit of him presenting and apparently he has been on Ideal World in the past. In isolation that appeared to be a shrewd move, namely having someone that certain people may recognise from elsewhere, but given them resorting to showing prerecorded clips a day later makes me think that either all of their guest 'experts' weren't available (busy or on holiday) or they're now trying to save money by dispensing with their services. Or maybe they've overspent hiring the Dancing On Ice bloke?

Either way it's also somewhat misleading for Ideal World to display the word 'LIVE' on-screen whilst they're showing extensive prerecorded clips, even if 'LIVE' pedantically refers to the whole hour being a 'live' presentation. In a prerecorded clip, Peter said white had a lower stock level whilst De Knees in the studio said platinum was the faster seller.

Incidentally the eLife La Grande is still available from Ideal World in both platinum and white for the same price (£699.99 plus P&P) as yesterday :mysmilie_59:

Matt Evers is the Dancing on Ice bloke. All seemed a bit random him flogging a bike.

Anyway, ordered for the first time in about 15 years from IW. It was a pair of shoes and when they arrived one was size 6 and the other size 4! What a shambles they are. Might be another 15 years before I order again, assuming they are still around :down:

Latest posts

Back