Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find myself bemused at times. I often sit and think about what goes on in their heads. I mean, what is it about themselves that makes them think they can be a presenter. What qualities do they honestly believe they have? There is a guy on Hochanda who seems like a nice enough fella, but always looks like he is blushing. Yet he obviously has no qualms about going for jobs where he is the centre of attention. But at the same time looks embarrassed to be there.

I bet you are talking about Charlie (fella with glasses?).

he used to be a demo expert/guest on bid tv.

Yeah Charlie, and there is another one as well actually. Even worse than Charlie....I forget his name. He always has his head turned to one side almost like he doesn't want to look at the camera.

I have a lot of time for Hochanda though. I have no interest in crafting at all, but I find it really relaxing to watch when my insomnia is plaguing me.

Air raid siren Jacks has just informed us that it is a "well known fact" that men can't aim and always pee on the floor. She is waffling on about this Vax cleaner, and says it is disgusting when she is out and has to stand in pee when using public conveniences because men pee on the floor.

Top tip love, use the ****** womens toilets instead of the mens!

Unless you are in a coffee shop and there is just one toilet, generally public toilets are separated! She really is horrible.

Yeah Charlie, and there is another one as well actually. Even worse than Charlie....I forget his name. He always has his head turned to one side almost like he doesn't want to look at the camera.

I have a lot of time for Hochanda though. I have no interest in crafting at all, but I find it really relaxing to watch when my insomnia is plaguing me.

I agree with you on hochanda. It is a easy background listen. Harmless.. if you will.

Something unprecedented happened last night during the Fast Press hour. Nanty informed viewers he was worried they would miss out as stock was flying out. Never heard them say that before ;)

Idealworlds buyers deserve medals and massive bonuses because every single item they decide to buy and air is always in danger of selling out. They must have the midas touch :p

Something unprecedented happened last night during the Fast Press hour. Nanty informed viewers he was worried they would miss out as stock was flying out. Never heard them say that before ;)

Idealworlds buyers deserve medals and massive bonuses because every single item they decide to buy and air is always in danger of selling out. They must have the midas touch :p

I love the fact that he worries that we might miss out. He is soooooooo nice...

This Krups coffee machine is flying out thanks to the price compared to places like John Lewis (that they keep showing onscreen)

No wonder people want to snap it up when it is around £400 less than John Lewis. Ideal World customers aren't fools so are snapping it up. Or they could go to several other places online including Amazon (where it is £8o more expensive) :) I know I'd rather have Amazons customer service and pay a little extra. Funny how they aren't comparing the price to places like Amazon though eh? ;)

Cracking bit of deception just now by basket case Howard. Talking about Black Magic paint - the 1 litre tin. Howard: "I've seen this for the best part of £20 for a litre tin." As he points out Idealworlds price of £13.99 .....great! Apart from the fact it has a delivery price of £5.99 so that makes it £20 then Howard my boy!

Caught some of the earlier show with creepy furniture bloke and Paul Ross. Talk about a battle of egos....constantly interrupting and talking over each other. And it isn't enough that Ross is a poundland version of his younger brother, he also likes to keep doing his poor mans Eric Morecambe and making his glasses crooked as well. Oh my aching sides.

I've noticed 3 new presenters now. Has somebody left, or are they just expanding the number of Live shows or something?

Cracking bit of deception just now by basket case Howard. Talking about Black Magic paint - the 1 litre tin. Howard: "I've seen this for the best part of £20 for a litre tin." As he points out Idealworlds price of £13.99 .....great! Apart from the fact it has a delivery price of £5.99 so that makes it £20 then Howard my boy!

Caught some of the earlier show with creepy furniture bloke and Paul Ross. Talk about a battle of egos....constantly interrupting and talking over each other. And it isn't enough that Ross is a poundland version of his younger brother, he also likes to keep doing his poor mans Eric Morecambe and making his glasses crooked as well. Oh my aching sides.

I've noticed 3 new presenters now. Has somebody left, or are they just expanding the number of Live shows or something?

I could easily think of 3 presenters I'd hope had left... in fact let's make it 6!

Is anybody genuinely listening to the tripe the Garrard woman and GOLLUM thing are talking about slot machine watches?

They actually want + £200.00 !

On selling a pair of Polyester strides (£23 delivered, BARGAIN!) De Knees says 'there's something very Monaco about these'.

Think Monaco, think gambling.

No gamble here, 23 sovs for some effin plazzy kecks? :mysmilie_59:

I loved when Gollum and the lady watch "expert" were talking about one of the watches, and he says "you see someone wearing this and think `he's done well for himself` "....

Lady follows with "it says he is outgoing, successful" or something along those lines. They were talking about a £150 watch. Yes folks, if you buy a watch for £150 you have hit the big time, and can pull women :)

Yesterday when it was Shreque's turn to sell watches he was trying to remember the name of someone who was involved with timekeeping at sea - "Something Shaw". The "watch expert" lady (she's busy this week) then said it was Thomas Earnshaw, so that's a 'classic' brand that even one of the presenters couldn't recall having anything to do with :mysmilie_59:

(Unless Shreque was deliberately misremembering to allow her to show her 'knowledge'/'credentials' but that's fairly unlikely.)

Anyway they were apparently selling out of watches left right and centre yesterday but of course no mention of the quantities involved. Don't forget to check out your baskets!

Yesterday when it was Shreque's turn to sell watches he was trying to remember the name of someone who was involved with timekeeping at sea - "Something Shaw". The "watch expert" lady (she's busy this week) then said it was Thomas Earnshaw, so that's a 'classic' brand that even one of the presenters couldn't recall having anything to do with :mysmilie_59:

(Unless Shreque was deliberately misremembering to allow her to show her 'knowledge'/'credentials' but that's fairly unlikely.)

Anyway they were apparently selling out of watches left right and centre yesterday but of course no mention of the quantities involved. Don't forget to check out your baskets!

Great entertainment ! Paul made up a story ( repeated several times ) about how , as a young man ,he was entranced by an unaffordable watch in a shop window and how the rubbish watch he was now flogging was so incredibly reminiscent of that masterpiece that he was going to have to buy it . He even gave a bogus shout out to his wife at home to get on the phone and make the purchase.
The watch woman billed and cooed as though she were in an amdram romance ,telling the viewers to expect compliments and strangers striking up conversations with them when they are wearing the watch.
Paul's sincerity always impresses !

Yes, De Knees, and the old saying about Monaco probably applies to certain selly telly channels, namely: - "a sunny place for shady people".

On selling a pair of Polyester strides (£23 delivered, BARGAIN!) De Knees says 'there's something very Monaco about these'.

Think Monaco, think gambling.

No gamble here, 23 sovs for some effin plazzy kecks? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back