Random musings and general banter. - Page 704
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 704 of 705 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705 LastLast
    Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 7042
      Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Last Sunday's watch hour at 7pm with Mike 'Gollum' Mason and good old Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds almost turned into a disaster at one point when they were trying to sell some new 'Green Time' watches featuring things like wooden cases and other environmentally-friendly components including what's claimed to be the world's first vegan watch. Very laudable you might think and it's precisely the sort of product Ideal World should be selling as opposed to Rolex knockoffs with wrong bezels and in some cases plastic mechanisms (at least according to one Trust Pilot review), and selling such a supposedly-unique product should be easy without resorting to any form of deception, intended or otherwise. However that doesn't take into account presenter ineptitude as the case with what was to follow...

When describing the eco-credentials of Green Time's vegan watch, Kevski by accident said that it was "vegan-proof" when he meant to say something like "vegan-friendly" instead, which was hilarious on its own but Gollum then started digging a bigger trench by adding "a lot of people throwing down their celery right now". And if that wasn't bad enough, Kevski not long afterwards compounded the sin by saying "...if you know somebody that's vegetarian, vegan, funny like that, you can't go wrong", which Gollum picked up on and Kevski then had to say he didn't mean that, followed by "Sorry about that, I hope". It's a wonder they managed to sell any "vegan-proof" watches at all after that performance

Revisit the cringeworthy horror starting from 13:25 in this video: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/c...424?channel=IW
      Likes mr tom , Mommabear , Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Reading messages has become a bit of a chore (not because of the content, the content is great) because for some reason it is being bunched together on the right hand of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      Reading messages has become a bit of a chore (not because of the content, the content is great) because for some reason it is being bunched together on the right hand of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
      Only on the post from Price Plunge.
      Likes mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Simon and the exceedingly smug looking Tom Frake on the Jacques Lemans watch hour this evening, I just wonder how these buggers get away with what they say!

They start off by saying that the watches are made in Switzerland and Austria. Every watch I've seen in the first 40 minutes, has either a Seiko or Miyota movement. How long has Japan been a Swiss canton?

Then a watch comes onto the screen with a price of 99.99. Simon looks shocked, "shouldn't this watch be 199? he asks. The price is taken off the screen while the price is checked. The same price reappears onto the screen PS looks shocked and open mouthed. How many more times can he pull this old trick? He is so transparent. He must think that we are all ne viewers.

And I do wish Frake the watch expert would stop using the words water resistancy. The word is resistance.
      Likes Muttley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
      Watching Simon and the exceedingly smug looking Tom Frake on the Jacques Lemans watch hour this evening, I just wonder how these buggers get away with what they say!

They start off by saying that the watches are made in Switzerland and Austria. Every watch I've seen in the first 40 minutes, has either a Seiko or Miyota movement. How long has Japan been a Swiss canton?

Then a watch comes onto the screen with a price of 99.99. Simon looks shocked, "shouldn't this watch be 199? he asks. The price is taken off the screen while the price is checked. The same price reappears onto the screen PS looks shocked and open mouthed. How many more times can he pull this old trick? He is so transparent. He must think that we are all ne viewers.

And I do wish Frake the watch expert would stop using the words water resistancy. The word is resistance.
      I know practically nothing about watches but I assume they prey on their customers also knowing very little, but making them feel like an expert just by buying/wasting money on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Only on the post from Price Plunge.
      I noticed this at the time and re-checked the message to see if there was any obvious problem but couldn't see anything. However the same message appears normal in the Topic Review so it might be related to advertisement placing or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, not the old "wrong price" routine... Haven't seen that for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Dormeo hour playing in the background (on mute) but I wonder why they have turned the lights down and put a lamp on, going for this ''late at night'' type of feel.

I don't see how simulating night time is genuinely relevant when selling a mattress.

Having IW on mute though is amusing in that you can tell what most of the hosts are saying purely from facial expressions and hand movements (especially Mike Mason, doing his ''why do you need a phone mike? i'll tell you why'' routine)

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a bit of one of the Dormeo shows. Lovely bit when they had just been banging on about how it helps you get a good nights sleep.....how a bad mattress can give you troublesome sleep and then you are grumpy, groggy, the day after.

The Dormeo rep chimes in with "I'm terribly grumpy when I don't get a good nights sleep"

Whoah there fella, you have just been telling us you get a good nights sleep with this mattress. If you get sleepless nights and are grumpy, then the mattress isn't working, so why should we buy one sonny Jim???

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Watched shaun prattling on about a mistake in the computer on the phone hour with the hoover heater kinkade phone expert p volovent showing use the suitcase packed with things we dont need if you buy this phone dear god give it a rest man next we wont have to pack our clothes next anyway if you got the phone you only paid a pound postage and there were huge spikes when he said this and he was not kidding again but of course it would be fixed after the show you have to laugh.

Advertising

Advertising