Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Keep an eye out for Martin Cunningham on the Swiss Military watch show at 9pm tonight. He tends to spend quite a lot of time doing an impression of a nodding dog. Very impressive.

Keep an eye out for Martin Cunningham on the Swiss Military watch show at 9pm tonight. He tends to spend quite a lot of time doing an impression of a nodding dog. Very impressive.

Doesn't he just. Must have a sore neck by the end of the night.

although again they go overboard, which is a shame as there is no need for the over the top nonsense, as Swiss Military are decent enough watches for the price, and are a proper Swiss Brand unlike most of the other brands that have been selling on Ideal lately.

The old fraud is on again, this time with a Linsar 55 inch UHD TV. That well known brand you've never heard of! It also comes with a free sound bar.

Of course, he's "never seen anything like it, it's extraordinary". The sound bar, he's "never heard anything like it". He's promised us his loyal viewers, that he is buying one of course. It will sell out, and they won't be able to get more stock. So please hurry, get one immediately. £429.99.

https://www.richersounds.com/linsar-55uhd520.html Cant be arsed watching him,so is this the same or similar ??

Another one with limited vocabulary when he's allowed to speak.......

'All four corners of the world'.............'the reason being .....' :mysmilie_51:

Just caught a bit of the Swiss watch show, no mention if the straps are real (ahem), "Bonded" Leather, or just standard leather!

He did say bonded at one point. Did he buy another watch? He usually says he is! Him Shaun and must have many more watches than even Dave Loydon.

Poor old Pete will be disappointed when he finds out that he diddled himself once again. First he buys a watch for £130 that's only worth £20, then spends far too much on his TV!!

Poor old chap. :mysmilie_17:

Last Saturday's 7pm Linsar TV Special can be watched here though I recommend you skip the nauseating introduction: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/linsar-tv-special--2776182?channel=IW

Contains the usual misleading gibberish from Pete as well as inflated price comparisons they often do (£800, £1000, £1200...), followed by this gem at 03:27 in the video:

"The picture you're seeing on your television does...does four times the difference in real life"

I know what he really meant but as often the case his explanation got mangled beyond recognition. Thankfully sanity was nearly restored later on especially with Ben Moseby providing the technical explanations. Incidentally the model number is 55UHD8000FP if you want to do comparisons, though you should know that this television does not have HDR which to me is much more important than having 4K/UHD.

I occasionally switch on to see if there is anything different 3times i have switched on over the weekend to see that silly blond females wobbling thighs on that b****y vibraplate nonsense sorry probably me but i am sick looking at it jesus wept

They're still trying to flog their rip off savings club...I bought a cheap plastic necklace off them last week and today I got a call asking me whether they could send me "something nice" in the post to say thanks...I said you're alright thanks bye and bunged the phone down..hopefully, they won't take "You're alright thanks as alright send it" cos I've heard horror stories about being charged £99 if you don't cancel in time and that cancelling isn't that straightforward...better keep an eye on the post and get it sent back unopened!

I feel your pain mossie, for me it's the bliddy mattress with what appears to be a new female 'expert' (an agency employee), spouting just the same guff as all the previous 'experts' (agency employees/sometime bit actors)

The picture quality hasn't improved for me, it's like watching through a veil. It's knocked 20 years off De knees and Juliette Maris Piper looks almost childlike. Strangely Pervy Peter looks just the same. Anyhow it stops me watching, which is a good thing.

I did see Rob Locke last week though and what a joy he is :mysmilie_17:

Another one with limited vocabulary when he's allowed to speak.......

'All four corners of the world'.............'the reason being .....' :mysmilie_51:

Just hopped onto the channel and Martin said both 'all four corners of the world ' and 'the reason being' within three minutes.

Needless to say both phrases were devoid of context or meaning.

I feel your pain mossie, for me it's the bliddy mattress with what appears to be a new female 'expert' (an agency employee), spouting just the same guff as all the previous 'experts' (agency employees/sometime bit actors)

The picture quality hasn't improved for me, it's like watching through a veil. It's knocked 20 years off De knees and Juliette Maris Piper looks almost childlike. Strangely Pervy Peter looks just the same. Anyhow it stops me watching, which is a good thing.

I did see Rob Locke last week though and what a joy he is :mysmilie_17:

Where did you see Rob Locke? The last time I saw him he was advertising Windows 7. He was another one who bought everything he demonstrated on QVC!

Where did you see Rob Locke? The last time I saw him he was advertising Windows 7. He was another one who bought everything he demonstrated on QVC!

On IW, seen him a couple of times over the last month. He was doing the Belray/Belway/Beldray cordless vac and funnily enough he was going to buy it for his flat, as it's so small he cannot store anything too large. Later on he mentioned he had a utility room. How many small flats have a utility room?

He doesn't seem to remember what he's just said and needs constant supervision in his ear, I imagine. I like him :mysmilie_19:

Just hopped onto the channel and Martin said both 'all four corners of the world ' and 'the reason being' within three minutes.

Needless to say both phrases were devoid of context or meaning.

Yeah, it's constant aqua :mysmilie_51: and then, to add insult to injury, Shawn said 'I'm not being funny but.........' :mysmilie_10:

On IW, seen him a couple of times over the last month. He was doing the Belray/Belway/Beldray cordless vac and funnily enough he was going to buy it for his flat, as it's so small he cannot store anything too large. Later on he mentioned he had a utility room. How many small flats have a utility room?

He doesn't seem to remember what he's just said and needs constant supervision in his ear, I imagine. I like him :mysmilie_19:

He was always full of bullshit, he'll fit right in on IW.

Something very unusual happening on Ideal World right now: Peter Simon selling Vostok watches on Ideal World ON HIS OWN with no sign of anyone else including Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds (who was/is basically the 'face of Vostok' on the channel). Saw earlier in this thread that Kevski was/is in hospital for some undisclosed reason and was supposedly OK and recovering but that was weeks ago so it must have been something serious for him to be still absent. Plus it's surprising they don't have anyone to take Kevski's place on-screen whilst he's unavailable; surely the UK importer of Vostok Europe watches has another employee or actor they could loan Ideal World for a while?

Something very unusual happening on Ideal World right now: Peter Simon selling Vostok watches on Ideal World ON HIS OWN with no sign of anyone else including Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds (who was/is basically the 'face of Vostok' on the channel). Saw earlier in this thread that Kevski was/is in hospital for some undisclosed reason and was supposedly OK and recovering but that was weeks ago so it must have been something serious for him to be still absent. Plus it's surprising they don't have anyone to take Kevski's place on-screen whilst he's unavailable; surely the UK importer of Vostok Europe watches has another employee or actor they could loan Ideal World for a while?

I saw some of the show last night. He was still calling the Ekranoplan the Eraknoplan, and PVD plating wasn't physical vapour deposition, but was physical vapour disposition. He said it took him three quarters of an hour to get that right! :mysmilie_17:

Igor's colleague Oleg he kept calling Olav, but that makes a change from his usual Olaf! And as for saying Vostok is one of the worlds greatest watch makers, that is just plain ridiculous.

What a flippin' clown he is.

I saw some of the show last night. He was still calling the Ekranoplan the Eraknoplan, and PVD plating wasn't physical vapour deposition, but was physical vapour disposition. He said it took him three quarters of an hour to get that right! :mysmilie_17:

Igor's colleague Oleg he kept calling Olav, but that makes a change from his usual Olaf! And as for saying Vostok is one of the worlds greatest watch makers, that is just plain ridiculous.

What a flippin' clown he is.

You are preaching to the converted there, bro!

Latest posts

Back