Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night was a very special night, as we had "The best horology show on the planet"! This was the claim of Peter Simon. Yes, it was a Peter and Kev 120 minute watch show. The worlds most desired watches were on sale, watch brands like, Mathey Tissot, Vostok Europe and not forgetting an Ideal World favourite, Bermuda.

So what made this such a special show? That is the question I'm still asking myself! the only reason I can think of is the fact that they had a Mathey Tissot at over £2,000. Not the usual ugly chronograph, but a hand wound 17 jewel job. Yes, very special, but no thank you. Perhaps it was the fact that they were selling the Vostok Ekranoplan (pronounced by Simon as Iraqnoplan (again)), and stating that the watch contained the Seiko NH35, probably the worlds greatest movement. This in fact is probably Seiko's second cheapest automatic movement and sells for under £40 retail. So saying what he did is far beyond ridiculous. Nothing new there I know!

Viewers also had yet another chance to get their hands on the never to be seen again Vostok Europe Mriya Ana- Digi chronograph. if you didn't manage to get one, don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will be around again in a couple of weeks or so.

Anyway, after the first hour of the planets greatest horology show, I just couldn't take anymore. I don't believe I've ever heard so much clap trap from a bigger pair of idiots in my life.

Last night was a very special night, as we had "The best horology show on the planet"! This was the claim of Peter Simon. Yes, it was a Peter and Kev 120 minute watch show. The worlds most desired watches were on sale, watch brands like, Mathey Tissot, Vostok Europe and not forgetting an Ideal World favourite, Bermuda.

So what made this such a special show? That is the question I'm still asking myself! the only reason I can think of is the fact that they had a Mathey Tissot at over £2,000. Not the usual ugly chronograph, but a hand wound 17 jewel job. Yes, very special, but no thank you. Perhaps it was the fact that they were selling the Vostok Ekranoplan (pronounced by Simon as Iraqnoplan (again)), and stating that the watch contained the Seiko NH35, probably the worlds greatest movement. This in fact is probably Seiko's second cheapest automatic movement and sells for under £40 retail. So saying what he did is far beyond ridiculous. Nothing new there I know!

Viewers also had yet another chance to get their hands on the never to be seen again Vostok Europe Mriya Ana- Digi chronograph. if you didn't manage to get one, don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will be around again in a couple of weeks or so.

Anyway, after the first hour of the planets greatest horology show, I just couldn't take anymore. I don't believe I've ever heard so much clap trap from a bigger pair of idiots in my life.

was there a studio audience? He loves having a few people sat on the chairs watching his shtick.

A mechanical watch should have at least 21 jewels, including a jewelled escapement, so 17 jewels is NOT a quality movement

The movement in question was said to be a remake of a calibre 98. An old movement which was used in the long distant past by the likes of IWC and Cartier. At least, this is the story told by the terrible two!

Well well well....serial bankruptee Julian Ballantyne has just appeared and declared IW his new home. I'll be careful what I say, but suffice to say people have been left out of pocket in the past, he'll fit right in at IW.

Yesterday during their two hour watch show there was a promotion promising all the new models and negotiated 'great deals' from this year's Baselworld watch show that conspicuously failed to mention any brand names. Breitling? Cartier? Omega? Rolex? Well...erm...no :mysmilie_59:

Yesterday during their two hour watch show there was a promotion promising all the new models and negotiated 'great deals' from this year's Baselworld watch show that conspicuously failed to mention any brand names. Breitling? Cartier? Omega? Rolex? Well...erm...no :mysmilie_59:

great deals for IW, not the customer by the sounds of it lol

The Anamore POD tops yesterday...........

Joanne at lunchtime: We've sold almost three thousand of these tops already and there's hundreds more of you on the phone and web

Last chance with DP: You'll not see anybody else wearing these as Anamore don't make things in their thousands

Hmmm none of the colours had sold out either, so there's probably thousands left over for the next few weeks at reduced prices

How is it possible that every single thing Brodel cooks ends up looking so beige and repulsive?

For the love of god try cooking something healthy!

Drone guy on again last night. Seems appropriate that he shills drones, when he drones on and on.

Best bit was him declaring "this isn't being filmed on tv cameras costing thousands of pounds, this is being filmed on a drone costing less than £140"

As they showed this blurry, jerky mess of footage that could hardly keep somebody in shot. Wow, sure glad you pointed out it wasn't a tv camera you shouty little berk or I'd never have guessed.

And why was DP running around after him like a super camp Larry Grayson? It looked bizarre, him running around like an 8 year old girl.

Latest posts

Back