Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone see that advert playing at various points, showcasing lynn (always a favourite of mine to be wound up by) and Katie green?

it just seemed so fake. which for an advert is impressive.

I can't believe how often they just pluck "facts" out of their ass on this channel. Blonde woman with Jimmy Saville hair was showing that Microwave/Air fryer combo and was saying how it would save you money as a normal oven can take up to 25 minutes to get up to temperature! What? Seriously..... the landlord here fitted the cheapest nastiest ovens he could find and even these only take 10 minutes to get to FULL temperature.

Gollum was shilling something......I forget what. And he points to a childs top and says that it would be difficult to go to the shops to buy one as tops with animal prints sell out very quickly. He must have reached up his ******* and got that gem from the top shelf on the right....buried deep within as it is such ballcocks.

I want to meet the people that watch these shows and actually believe what the presenters are saying.

I tuned in to Ideal Extra earlier on .Crawley and the equally annoying Becque were selling the unreal leather chairs.The set was in half darkness and Becque had taken off his shoes to relax.They talked about sleeping on the chairs downstairs if you worked 'odd hours'.Judging by some of the reviews I doubt a good sleep would be had.To top it off,best buddy Crawley took off his shoes.I didn't feel convinced at all.

So everybody's least favourite 'Gardener', Zsa Zsa, is selling various fruit plants. She asks the question : -

'Tell me, have you ever been to a supermarket and managed to find yourself a Gooseberry let alone a Red Gooseberry because I struggle'

Now, I don't ever recall being in the market for any coloured Gooseberries however, if Zsa Zsa is telling the truth could it be that nobody likes Gooseberries?

Just saying :mysmilie_59:

The music system equipment on show here looks as if it was designed for a total cost of 5p and a packet of Mars Bars :mysmilie_59:

The music system equipment on show here looks as if it was designed for a total cost of 5p and a packet of Mars Bars :mysmilie_59:

Indeed, but jeez the prices are utterly unbelievable. £296.00 all in, for a STEEPLETONE Music System :mysmilie_13:

But you do get a 'free' Steepletone Pocket Radio, and a quick google reveals it's available to buy for the princely sum of £3.60, how do they get away with it?

Anyway, I refuse to watch as there's no JUKEBOX JANICE :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/steepletone-atlantic-modular-music-system-and-free-pocket-radio-407148?icn=steepletone-atlantic-modular-music-system-Homepage-Mini-6&ici=homepage_mini_6

http://www.nicestuff.co.uk/acatalog/Steepletone-Pocket-Sports-Radio---Silver-STR616_SI.html?gclid=CM-z5PuwndQCFecW0wodCosDFQ

And now it's the very out-of-date iPad 3 with 3G connectivity (whoo!) for the bargain price of £364.98.

Apple Certified Refurbished with One Year Ideal World Warranty :mysmilie_15:

Just switched on to the hideous Jacks woman selling Vibropower,is there any word that Hideous Jacks pronounce correctly,the latest word that can't been pronounced by the awful Jacks woman is Endorphin,an easy enough word to pronounce but the word is pronounced Endorphines by the Jacks woman.who is the worst presenter in my opinion of any shopping Channel of any shopping channel I have ever watched ever

I wish this contract with vibrapower would up hurry and end. This product has been on idealworld for far too long.

Indeed, but jeez the prices are utterly unbelievable. £296.00 all in, for a STEEPLETONE Music System :mysmilie_13:

But you do get a 'free' Steepletone Pocket Radio, and a quick google reveals it's available to buy for the princely sum of £3.60, how do they get away with it?

Anyway, I refuse to watch as there's no JUKEBOX JANICE :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/steepletone-atlantic-modular-music-system-and-free-pocket-radio-407148?icn=steepletone-atlantic-modular-music-system-Homepage-Mini-6&ici=homepage_mini_6

http://www.nicestuff.co.uk/acatalog/Steepletone-Pocket-Sports-Radio---Silver-STR616_SI.html?gclid=CM-z5PuwndQCFecW0wodCosDFQ

Reg Varney started saying 'with Steepletone it's all about the sound ' but to his credit the bloke from Steepletone cut across Reg saying 'we're not high end -we're offering simplicity',
Reg was wearing the most hideous pair of ill fitting beige trousers I have ever seen.
He then started saying that he was considering buying several Steepletone systems for different rooms in his house.
Ideal World is the gift that keeps on giving-let's see more of those trousers Reg !

I saw a bit of beak nosed Jacks last night with the vibrapower. For a machine she swears by, and I have seen her shilling since at least Christmas time, she doesn't look to have lost an ounce of weight.

What is getting on my wick now is those awful moments where they bring on the presenter for the following show and have those dreadful conversations about whatever product is coming up next.

Along the lines of: Beaky Jacks "I'm up next with the microwave/fryer combo"

Reg Varney: "Oh right. It is not only a microwave but an air fryer as well. That sounds great I could do with one of those"

You sound like scripted tossers!!!! Stop it....we know you already know about the products being featured. Don't act all surprised like it is something you genuinely want to buy. You are beyond insulting my intelligence now....

Watching Nanty selling hot tubs, and apparently he was 'trembling' before the show at the thought of viewers getting hold of these hot tubs. Trembling indeed when for one particular model it's £108.25 per month for 5 years, so no wonder they have exclamation marks after the words "No Deposit" and "5 years" :mysmilie_59:

Also when they give a customer's feedback they mention the low electricity running cost but never the purchase cost. Funny that :mysmilie_59:

Still not convinced about Nanty's beard either...

I saw a bit of beak nosed Jacks last night with the vibrapower. For a machine she swears by, and I have seen her shilling since at least Christmas time, she doesn't look to have lost an ounce of weight.

What is getting on my wick now is those awful moments where they bring on the presenter for the following show and have those dreadful conversations about whatever product is coming up next.

Reg Varney: "Oh right. It is not only a microwave but an air fryer as well. That sounds great I could do with one of those"

You sound like scripted tossers!!!! Stop it....we know you already know about the products being featured. Don't act all surprised like it is something you genuinely want to buy. You are beyond insulting my intelligence now....

She sounds a complete moron when she's in the kitchen, giggling away like a ditzy drip saying Gary does all the cooking cos she's useless. So was Gary behind the scenes when she won Come Dine With Me then? Is he the real winner?

Watching Nanty selling hot tubs, and apparently he was 'trembling' before the show at the thought of viewers getting hold of these hot tubs. Trembling indeed when for one particular model it's £108.25 per month for 5 years, so no wonder they have exclamation marks after the words "No Deposit" and "5 years" :mysmilie_59:

Also when they give a customer's feedback they mention the low electricity running cost but never the purchase cost. Funny that :mysmilie_59:

I'd be trembling if I bought one as well (at the thought of my bank balance)

It seems like one of those things that ''the bid lot'' probably think they innovated as they used to do it on bid, but really it's a cheesy staple of selly telly since the beginning of time.

Beaky Jacks sounds a complete Moron most of the time,the way she talks to the viewers,I think she thinks the viewers are morons too, and the way she giggles is so false and OTT.

Reg Varney started saying 'with Steepletone it's all about the sound ' but to his credit the bloke from Steepletone cut across Reg saying 'we're not high end -we're offering simplicity',
Reg was wearing the most hideous pair of ill fitting beige trousers I have ever seen.
He then started saying that he was considering buying several Steepletone systems for different rooms in his house.
Ideal World is the gift that keeps on giving-let's see more of those trousers Reg !

Glad he can afford one "for different rooms in the house", one would be a considered purchase for me. And I'm sorry I missed the ill fitting beige trousers, I miss all the good stuff!

Can I ask the ladies on here if I am being over sensitive. Nanty was on earlier selling the tapered trousers. He was in full selling mode, then said the elasticated waist was good if it was a bad time of the month! What the bl**dy hell does he know about that? Is is me, am I being over sensitive (I was shouting at the TV at this point).

If someone has £6495 to spend on a hot tub then great . That's the cost of this one .Not including the p&p and low running costs of course.Perhaps Shauny was trembling in case his mam wanted one.Bit more to pay out than for hedge cutter isn't it?Even with staff discount.As to the beard.I'm convinced-that he looks a right t***.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back