Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Genpleaseleave was giving it both barrels tonight as she was flogging a low-end STK smartphone; she was literally saying that this obviously low-end £69.99 smartphone was just as good or better than £400+ smartphones: "You are not compromising in any way" (Oh yes you are!!!), and when comparing the STK tat with £400+ phones: "We're looking at the specification; we're testing the specification for you at home. You are seeing the screen for yourself". Genpleaseleave then tells a big whopper: "You can get this phone for free". WHAT?!?!?!

An astonishing sales pitch and not in a good way either. Watch the show from 29:50 in particular or 31:19 for "You can get this phone for free": https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/stk-smartphone-under-70-sale-2731679?channel=IW

Android 6, 1GB of ram and 720p screen. Yep, just like a £400 phone alright!!!

They are just as bad on QVC at the moment with one of the phones. It's an HTC phone for £200 and admittedly is a much better purchase than any of the trash on IW. But even they are prone to "you'd expect to pay 2 or 3 times as much for this phone" ...what is with these people. They know they are outright lying.

Cracking little slip from Howard (is he the welsh fella?)anyway, talking about the STK £70 phone, he commented on the curved sides of the screen, and said "you'd expect this on a much higher spec phone.(realises what he has said)..….."a much more expensive phone"

Lovely slip up as they keep claiming these phones are as good spec-wise as more expensive ones. In fact as I type this he has just said "you'd expect to pay a thousand pounds for this phone" :mysmilie_19:

He has just read out reviews from STK's site. Not surprisingly they are great reviews from their site. I wonder why he didn't read out the comments on IW's Facebook page? Pretty damning they are.

I’m excited for another Watch Fest at 7:00PM with SHREQUE & Kevski. However, one of the supposedly exclusive, limited edition Mathey Tissot pieces has a very funny review : -

“Doesn't look as good on as it did in presentation show, face is distracting in certain light. Only tried it on, was a good fit, seemed quality but the supplied "cerificat” (their words) and a "wold" warranty is off putting for what is supposedly a quality watchmaker. Also one of 130 worldwide, nothing on watch to prove this.

Bought with ladies model which had identical paperwork. Bought as wedding anniversary presents, took 8 days for man's and 9 for ladies to be delivered despite being ordered at same time from same supplier, bit to late for day, 2 p&p costs also.

Both watches returned for refund for above reasons”

Hilarious, Ideal World are just so Schlocky :mysmilie_19:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mathey-tissot-gent-s-elisir-limited-edition-watch-with-stainless-steel-case-402927

Wanted, on screen presenter for national TV shopping channel.

Applicant must be able to waffle on about a single product for at least an hour. Also, it helps if you can appear to be an expert in anything from cleaning products to the latest so called technical breakthroughs, such as obsolete ipads, mobile phones and halogen heaters. Never admit that there are much better products available elsewhere at lower prices. What you sell will always be the best on the market. You must be able to point out all of the pros of a product, but never ever the cons! If selling health or safety products, make viewers feel like horrible people if they do not purchase it for their frail and elderly parents. A lack of any integrity what so ever is a definite advantage, to avoid sleepless nights.

If you think you can do all of the above, come and join the team at ?

I’m excited for another Watch Fest at 7:00PM with SHREQUE & Kevski. However, one of the supposedly exclusive, limited edition Mathey Tissot pieces has a very funny review : -

“Doesn't look as good on as it did in presentation show, face is distracting in certain light. Only tried it on, was a good fit, seemed quality but the supplied "cerificat” (their words) and a "wold" warranty is off putting for what is supposedly a quality watchmaker. Also one of 130 worldwide, nothing on watch to prove this.

Bought with ladies model which had identical paperwork. Bought as wedding anniversary presents, took 8 days for man's and 9 for ladies to be delivered despite being ordered at same time from same supplier, bit to late for day, 2 p&p costs also.

Both watches returned for refund for above reasons”

Hilarious, Ideal World are just so Schlocky :mysmilie_19:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mathey-tissot-gent-s-elisir-limited-edition-watch-with-stainless-steel-case-402927

Great review! I'm still laughing!

Applicant must be able to waffle on about a single product for at least an hour. Also, it helps if you can appear to be an expert in anything from cleaning products to the latest so called technical breakthroughs, such as obsolete ipads, mobile phones and halogen heaters. Never admit that there are much better products available elsewhere at lower prices. What you sell will always be the best on the market. You must be able to point out all of the pros of a product, but never ever the cons! If selling health or safety products, make viewers feel like horrible people if they do not purchase it for their frail and elderly parents. A lack of any integrity what so ever is a definite advantage, to avoid sleepless nights.

When reading the "health and safety products", I was reminded of the legendary Guy Keane from Price Drop! As in "if only my elderly father had this before he died", and "don't come running to me if you have an accident (through not buying the tat he was selling)!

This is the great illusion that IW play, there is simply no way that they talk for an hour about one product. Take out about 10-15 minutes of adverts, then take out how often they throw to a recorded demonstration or a simple recording of different presenters saying the same things in a past hour.. and it turns out you get about 25 minutes of original content at most.

It is simply impossible to talk about spray and leave for an hour.

This is the great illusion that IW play, there is simply no way that they talk for an hour about one product. Take out about 10-15 minutes of adverts, then take out how often they throw to a recorded demonstration or a simple recording of different presenters saying the same things in a past hour.. and it turns out you get about 25 minutes of original content at most.

It is simply impossible to talk about spray and leave for an hour.

I wish they would leave after 5 minutes, not an hour

Thanks for that.

He can make ridiculous claims about some of the tat he sells, but that's OK!

Definitely shows where their 'values' lie (both are wrong of course).

Also Kevski knows all about objectionable on-air comments, having previously referred to vegans as being 'funny' (as in weird) followed by a swift retraction and apology.

Is it only me that thinks most of these highly collectable timepieces that 'you must get insured' look horrible?

No offence to anybody here that may have bought one. But I haven't ever seen a decent looking watch for sale on IW. They all look like cheap Chinese knockoffs to me. I've seen second fingers out of alignment with the dial. Ones with what look like blemishes or dust under the face. Considering the price of some of them, they should be flawless.

Its all about peoples own opinions but i think most of the watches look b****y awful give me a watch with a clear face and numbers any time.

My late mum used to laugh when she saw watches with so much stuff on the face. She used to say "but you can't see it clearly to tell the time"! If the watch we were looking at was a Michael Kors (or any other desirable brand) I used to say "it doesn't matter, its Michael Kors"! She considered being able to tell the time on it to be fairly important...

Latest posts

Back