Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon flogging some new DeLorean watches known as the 'Hybrid', and he kept pronouncing hybrid as 'hi-bread' :mysmilie_15:

These watches are incredibly tasteless-looking therefore perfect for Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

In spite of what Peter would have you believe the Delorean watches are ,going by the movement reference Thomas quoted , of generic Chinese manufacture and cheap as chips.
There are collectors on the web apparently.

Last edited:
In spite of what Peter would have you believe the Delorean watches are ,going by the movement reference Thomas quoted , of generic Chinese manufacture and cheap as chips.
There are collectors on the web apparently.

Of course there are collectors on the web. They know a good thing when they see it. I never know how they know the customers are "collectors" or regular buyers who will wear the watch...

Nanty is shilling Gardening Guff with the appalling Angela, I'm guessing he can't stand her. He says : -

'Be quiet Angela! She's telling me the features of the furniture, I know the features! Thank you ever so much Angela, she's amazing'

Talk about a back handed compliment. I fancy he really means 'shut it and stop taking over MY SHOW, I'm the star' :mysmilie_15:

By the way, when did Angela Noghani become Angela Johnson?

Maybe she got married again? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0001.jpg

Old Peter Simon is selling a Wolfgang F.....Puck pressure over.

He was shouting 16 on the phone...........WE HAVE 16 ON THE PHONE!!!!! come on!!!

So we have a shopping TV channel that could be in potentially hundred of thousands of homes etc etc, yet he is promoting they have 16 people buying at one time?

IF true and I use the word IF very loosely they have a cook (not a real chef) guest presenter at 6 pm on a Sunday and only have these sort of sales that would worry the living daylights out of me if I owned the buisness.

PS Peter just said "we are approaching 80% of the stock" yes that was it he never said 80% of the stock gone, or only 20% stock left, So what does we are approaching 80% of the stock mean? Maybe its just me but is this a wee lead into BUY BUY BUY with no real sales figures being given?

Old Peter Simon is selling a Wolfgang F.....Puck pressure over.

He was shouting 16 on the phone...........WE HAVE 16 ON THE PHONE!!!!! come on!!!

So we have a shopping TV channel that could be in potentially hundred of thousands of homes etc etc, yet he is promoting they have 16 people buying at one time?

IF true and I use the word IF very loosely they have a cook (not a real chef) guest presenter at 6 pm on a Sunday and only have these sort of sales that would worry the living daylights out of me if I owned the buisness.

PS Peter just said "we are approaching 80% of the stock" yes that was it he never said 80% of the stock gone, or only 20% stock left, So what does we are approaching 80% of the stock mean? Maybe its just me but is this a wee lead into BUY BUY BUY with no real sales figures being given?

The sausages that were cooked in this Oven looked like they'd been boiled :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0002.JPG

Poo Poo Howard and Mr Bearded Brittas were enthusiastically selling the E-Life electric bikes earlier, and Poo Poo said at least twice that the bikes were suitable for "all ages". However Poo Poo seemed to forget that electrically assisted pedal cycles (as they're legally known in the UK) can only be legally ridden on public roads if you're at least 14 years old, so they're certainly not suitable for younger children unless exclusively ridden on private land.

Anyway, Poo Poo later mentioned that it was Mother's Day today, saying that mothers were wonderful, etc., etc., and that he was breastfed as a baby. He then proceeded to ask Mr Brittas whether he was breastfed, to which he replied that he couldn't remember. Poo Poo was somewhat indignant at this response, saying that he was surprised that Tim Brittas couldn't remember whether or not he was breastfed, though on reflection it's not surprising given his bizarre obsessions that Poo Poo should ask a somewhat personal question on national television :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo Howard and Mr Bearded Brittas were enthusiastically selling the E-Life electric bikes earlier, and Poo Poo said at least twice that the bikes were suitable for "all ages". However Poo Poo seemed to forget that electrically assisted pedal cycles (as they're legally known in the UK) can only be legally ridden on public roads if you're at least 14 years old, so they're certainly not suitable for younger children unless exclusively ridden on private land.

Anyway, Poo Poo later mentioned that it was Mother's Day today, saying that mothers were wonderful, etc., etc., and that he was breastfed as a baby. He then proceeded to ask Mr Brittas whether he was breastfed, to which he replied that he couldn't remember. Poo Poo was somewhat indignant at this response, saying that he was surprised that Tim Brittas couldn't remember whether or not he was breastfed, though on reflection it's not surprising given his bizarre obsessions that Poo Poo should ask a somewhat personal question on national television :mysmilie_59:

I think he might do it to appear quirky. Good grief, he's lame.

I bet the guests dread 'working' with him which is saying something, given the alternatives :mysmilie_59:

I think he might do it to appear quirky. Good grief, he's lame.

I bet the guests dread 'working' with him which is saying something, given the alternatives :mysmilie_59:

Trying to be deliberately quirky was something that had never occured to me, perhaps because there's a extremely fine line between quirkiness and creepiness; you certainly need to be extremely professional to successfully navigate those particular shark-infested waters (he isn't).

What made it even more cringeworthy was the remark being directed towards Tim, namely someone who I suspect is actually quite likeable in real life compared to some of the other guests; if it had been Creepy Crawley on the receiving end instead (for example) I woud have just laughed.

Trying to be deliberately quirky was something that had never occured to me, perhaps because there's a extremely fine line between quirkiness and creepiness; you certainly need to be extremely professional to successfully navigate those particular shark-infested waters (he isn't).

What made it even more cringeworthy was the remark being directed towards Tim, namely someone who I suspect is actually quite likeable in real life compared to some of the other guests; if it had been Creepy Crawley on the receiving end instead (for example) I woud have just laughed.

Poo Poo is so desperately lacking in talent, it's obvious he craves some sort of 'fame'. This is as good as it gets for him.

Mr Brittas is having a tough time of late, he was so awkward during the excruciating 'Girls Night In'.

If I was he I'd consider moving on, and quick smart. Spend too long there and he'll become a weirdo as well :mysmilie_59:

So Poo Poo and Caroline Garrard are up at 8:00pm with the venerable Constantin Weisz.

If the average Ideal World punter was Constantly Wise they wouldn't touch this Germasian Garbage with a barge pole :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo was selling pear trees by comparing the value of the fruit you get from them every year to the expensive food you buy at the cinema, so next time I visit a cinema I'll bring my own pear tree. That'll show them!

Then Poo Poo went on to sell horse manure by talking about racehorses not being given food containing seeds because it "slows them down". He seems to know quite a bit about horse manure :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo was selling pear trees by comparing the value of the fruit you get from them every year to the expensive food you buy at the cinema, so next time I visit a cinema I'll bring my own pear tree. That'll show them!

Then Poo Poo went on to sell horse manure by talking about racehorses not being given food containing seeds because it "slows them down". He seems to know quite a bit about horse manure :mysmilie_59:

I say this to Poo Poo and his Cinema analogy.

Until his Pear Tree starts sprouting Popcorn he should be quiet and stop talking sh.........

So vapid, so vacant. This man has the verbal trots :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0003.JPG

So the vapid drawl continues. Poo Poo and Caroline Garrard are shilling the quite awful Constantin Weisz tatt : -

'The box comes with the embossed logo, I love it'

'Giving a watch is just as enjoyable as wearing a watch'

'I gave my husband a watch when we got married and I enjoy seeing it on his wrist'

'It feels very high end, as if it should have price on application'

'This is a watch that really generates a conversation'

'You're getting a fantastic deal because you're getting the box as well'

'This piece looks like someone's who owns their own yacht'

'You're living the dream on a budget with this watch'

'I think some people at home are already on the Vino'

:mysmilie_59:

If you can bare to sit through any of the poo mans presentations you will be astonished at the complete and utter nonsense that can be uttered in an hour.

If you can bare to sit through any of the poo mans presentations you will be astonished at the complete and utter nonsense that can be uttered in an hour.

It was excruciating Mossie.

And Caroline Garrard is so phony. They even had a copy of her 'Charity Book' on display. You can barely recognise the image of her on the front of the book, it's as airbrushed as an image of old Lizzie Grant.

The drivel they both spoke about these Germasian, overpriced, Selly Telly fodder watches was jaw dropping.

One of these beyond cheap looking watches supposedly had the remnants of an old, scrapped Porsche car in it's case. And the POLYESTER strap was in the colours of a Gulf Porsche racing car from the 70's. Of course the product appears in no way an officially licenced Porcshe product so I'm guessing has no real connection to Porsche but did that stop this pair of parasites repeating PORSCHE! PORSCHE! PORSCHE!, of course not.

Perhaps here's a tip for anyone in the market for a 'high end' timepiece.

If the strap has 'Genuine Leather' embossed on it then it probably isn't so high end :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back