Random musings and general banter. - Page 828

Page 828 of 835 FirstFirst ... 328728778818826827828829830 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 8342
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
    If anyone ever tells you anything is future proof, you know they have to be lying! Technology moves on so quickly nowadays. So apart from the occasional software update, modern tech is soon out of date.

You only have to listen to Peter Simon for a few minutes and you can be sure to hear some false claim or other. The absolute garbage he talks about watches or phones is just amazing to hear. He can't even pronounce the brand names of half the things he sells! The man is a complete joke and should be sacked along with a few more of the so called presenters!
    Unfortunately, they are not "so-called" they are ACTUAL presenters, and should never have been given the job
    Thanks merryone thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had to smile at 10 o'clock tonight when Simon and Reynolds appeared on the watch show. They said they had a first for us lucky viewers. It was in fact a solar powered swiss watch. They told us that it was 'a technological breakthrough'. Well, not really. The Japanese have been making solar powered watches for at least a couple of decades. And not only solar, but radio controlled too. It's nice to know that the swiss are finally catching up.

So leave it out fellas, only an idiot could believe your never ending bullshit!
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I recall somebody had a solar powered digital watch when I was at school over 30 years ago!!

Post Thanks / Like

Casio had a solar watch in the 80's

Post Thanks / Like

Gollum talking his usual shite. Firstly, tries to convince us that the bonded leather couch will go back to a normal price of 1600....haha. Yeah right mate. I bought a really nice leather couch - bigger than the IW one, that is made of really nice real leather" with recliners at each end, for 1600. What a tool he is.

Then he says how they literally only have one of each colour of the 2 seater and 3 seater. This is on the repeat show by the way. So yeah, you have to hurry up and buy them he says. Go to the website and all but one colour was still available for the 3 seaters, and half the colours for the 2 seater. And that smug grin of his......I really need to punch him.

Post Thanks / Like

punch him, bit aggressive mate know what you mean though he has a smug face you would never tire of slapping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    I've reported them a few months ago, not him. After their original acknowledgement (ASA), I've heard nothing more.

I've heard lots of reportable things since but it seems futile.

The presenters often say that they are closely governed by them, like they're sitting there watching them.
    Just had an email off them today, must have taken them at least three months but they did apologise for the delay which was 'as an oversight of the case'.

The end result is, IW's assurance that they will change the ad in a way the ASA consider resolves the complaint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    Just had an email off them today, must have taken them at least three months but they did apologise for the delay which was 'as an oversight of the case'.

The end result is, IW's assurance that they will change the ad in a way the ASA consider resolves the complaint.
    Well at least it justifies you making the complaint ( sort of ).
    The other day I heard Peter Simon saying a watch movement he was flogging was found in watches 'costing tens of thousands of pounds' -that's a verbatim quote.
    When I googled the said movement it was described in the watch forums as a budget workhorse.
    Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Well at least it justifies you making the complaint ( sort of ).
    The other day I heard Peter Simon saying a watch movement he was flogging was found in watches 'costing tens of thousands of pounds' -that's a verbatim quote.
    When I googled the said movement it was described in the watch forums as a budget workhorse.
    Quite a blatant lie that would take almost three months to deal with a complaint about and then they'd just say that they wouldn't say it again. Closely monitored by the ASA? They know they can get away with anything they say. Also you have his word that he tells it like it is and he'd never do you wrong!

The newest Gevril watches they do, had to laugh the other day. Shaun asked the 'expert' lady beside him 'is this the Tritan'............'it most certainly is the Tritan' she assured..........he then looked at the back of the watch and it had La Luna on it.........'I thought it was the wrong details he said'........that's what comes from having watch experts from a modelling agency

Post Thanks / Like

I caught the old dafta award winner(PS)selling a greenworks lawnmower with two batteries yesterday afternoon for 199.99. It was again the old story of 'this must be the wrong price. I can't believe we're selling it for this price, they're checking it now' blah blah.
    Well I bought the very same product off IW last year, for the very same price. So please give it a rest, we're all getting sick of the very same story, you old fraud!!

Likes KimP , Retrovertigo liked this post