Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a guy who rang up in Kevski's watch show last night, who said he had 90 Vostok Europe watches, and it wasn't Dave Loydon.

How sad!!!!

There was a guy who rang up in Kevski's watch show last night, who said he had 90 Vostok Europe watches, and it wasn't Dave Loydon.

How sad!!!!

There was a short clip shown on Sunday night which seemed to show that there are indeed a handful of these 'collectors' who gather togther on occasion and refer to themselves as a family. These are, I guess, the ones who Kevinski and Dirty Peter regularly name drop on the show and who are probably responsible for an awful lot of the watch sales which Ideal make ... not sure there can be many others stupid enough to throw money away on these things otherwise.

There was a short clip shown on Sunday night which seemed to show that there are indeed a handful of these 'collectors' who gather togther on occasion and refer to themselves as a family. These are, I guess, the ones who Kevinski and Dirty Peter regularly name drop on the show and who are probably responsible for an awful lot of the watch sales which Ideal make ... not sure there can be many others stupid enough to throw money away on these things otherwise.

Scary... I love watches and have quite a few as fashion accessories. I have never owned more than 15 (and they are cheap and cheerful ones!)

Nanty is on at 3:00pm with his Luggie.

Please prepare for heartbreaking ‘Me Dad’ stories :mysmilie_59:

A20844B1-8137-4024-946A-AFDCE6E00325.jpg6F48F748-0CA0-4FBB-AFBA-DD4E8ED5432B.jpeg40CFA701-5812-43E1-B258-D38F8D2F9B91.jpg

Whenever a shopping telly presenter utters the words 'my mum' you may be certain that they are the prelude to a lie.

That’s right Aqua.

But there’s no doubt that Nanty loves his elderly, poorly Mam. It’s kinda sweet when he tells Ideal World’s predominantly older female audience about how much he loves his elderly, poorly Mam.

His elderly, poorly Mam must think he’s such a good boy. And I fancy the predominantly older female audience do too, although I’m sure he’s in no way trying to win their favour. I guess he just likes talking about her, in fact he must do.

He’s lovely isn’t he? :mysmilie_59:

That’s right Aqua.

But there’s no doubt that Nanty loves his elderly, poorly Mam. It’s kinda sweet when he tells Ideal World’s predominantly older female audience about how much he loves his elderly, poorly Mam.

His elderly, poorly Mam must think he’s such a good boy. And I fancy the predominantly older female audience do too, although I’m sure he’s in no way trying to win their favour. I guess he just likes talking about her, in fact he must do.

He’s lovely isn’t he? :mysmilie_59:

There's Nanty and his Mam, and Peter and his Bet. It's all so touching, just like real life really.

Todays deal of the day is another STK phone.

Take a look at this get out clause of returning this phone if it turns out to be a piece of sh*te.

From IW's web site.

"Please note: Ideal World can only accept returns on this product if it is fully unopened, as the credit is activated upon first use – so please ensure you only open the packaging when you are sure you want to make use of it."

How crafty and sly too!!

Look at the screen resolution. Display: 5.0in (854*480px); FWVGA, IP.

And does this thing really have 16gig of ram!!?

And that totally contradicts the human claw saying you can use it with the credit and send it back if you don't like it!

Interesting from Vol au vent as well. Claims they sell 50,000 phones a year, around half of which are STK. Yet the other day he said they sell between 18-20,000 phones per year. Someone is telling porkies!!

I actually bought a Swiss Military Watch from IW a week or so ago. I know a lot of what they sell is over priced junk, but the one I got was a very nice piece at a better price than can be found on eBay.

The thing is, there was guest presenter Martin Cunningham telling us all that the Swiss Military Watches by Hanowa all come with a 5 year guarantee. Now, when I read the guarantee that came with the watch I bought, it says it's guaranteed for only 2 years!!!!

I will never understand how what they say on air always seems to contradicts what is in print!!!

I actually bought a Swiss Military Watch from IW a week or so ago. I know a lot of what they sell is over priced junk, but the one I got was a very nice piece at a better price than can be found on eBay.

The thing is, there was guest presenter Martin Cunningham telling us all that the Swiss Military Watches by Hanowa all come with a 5 year guarantee. Now, when I read the guarantee that came with the watch I bought, it says it's guaranteed for only 2 years!!!!

I will never understand how what they say on air always seems to contradicts what is in print!!!

Perhaps the extra guarantee period needs to be specifically activated and/or is only with the UK importer; it's definitely worth querying this issue because you bought a watch with the understanding that it would be covered for 5 years.

Incidentally the watches Martin is involved with certainly seem to be superior to the other brands sold on Ideal World with perhaps the exception of Vostok; I think the company Martin is associated with does produce watches for certain other famous fashion brands hence they have to be of a certain standard.

Perhaps the extra guarantee period needs to be specifically activated and/or is only with the UK importer; it's definitely worth querying this issue because you bought a watch with the understanding that it would be covered for 5 years.

Incidentally the watches Martin is involved with certainly seem to be superior to the other brands sold on Ideal World with perhaps the exception of Vostok; I think the company Martin is associated with does produce watches for certain other famous fashion brands hence they have to be of a certain standard.

You don't have to register the guarantee, just send the watch to the local service centre. (Which in the UK is in Birmingham.) The guarantee should also be filled in by the retailer at the time of sale, which of course has not been done. I'm certainly not phoning IW's customer service centre in India. I've had occasion to waste my time calling them in the past!

Latest posts

Back