Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know how right or wrong... or even rational my thinking is here, but I feel if you are selling a product but are well aware (that within a realistic time frame, lets say a month) that you are bringing out a newer version of the same product, you should be required to say that to the audience/customer.

I don't know how right or wrong... or even rational my thinking is here, but I feel if you are selling a product but are well aware (that within a realistic time frame, lets say a month) that you are bringing out a newer version of the same product, you should be required to say that to the audience/customer.

Dont agree, end of day there a business, many things you buy in shops will have newer versions out after you have bought them

Dont agree, end of day there a business, many things you buy in shops will have newer versions out after you have bought them

I think the original Cook4Me has been on sale for a few years now so perhaps it was due a rejig although we all know manufacturers often do this to justify releasing new models (like Apple!).

I’m confused by the descriptions on the website. The Cook4Me+ with 100 recipes is an update to the original Cook4Me that came with 50 recipes. There is another version called the Cook4Me Connect which you can connect to an app via Bluetooth to download more recipes.

However, the website says you can download extra recipes on the Cook4Me+ that they were selling the other day however, I’m sure they made no reference to this during the presentations.

The Connect version is considerably more expensive too. I wonder if the website is incorrect?

But in terms of cooking they all appear to be pretty much the same though. I’m sure it’s a really good device but it just seems expensive to me but that’s just my opinion :mysmilie_59:

Just switched on to the Foghorn presenting Cushion Walk footwear, or as Jacks pronounced it Cuschon Walk, wish someone would tell this dreadful presenter how to pronounce words, cobalt is another word that Jacks can't pronounce. Wish I would get rid of Foghorn, who is a terrible presenter, loved when Mike Mason called Jacks Troutface.

I’m sorry Vanessa Feltz Fan Club, but I’m not simply not buying that even the 8th wonder of the world, Torricelumn (TM), did THAT to your lips.

They’re taking the pish now :mysmilie_12:

81EF0A00-5613-4EDB-A21A-6821547BD545.jpg1E027E9D-AB18-447C-B20F-7A3259EAF446.jpgCAA031C1-EC19-4280-98EE-955056807D70.jpgF9EF99B0-BCF7-4FA5-A623-7B620637DCBD.jpg

I understand that, but then the shops usually advertise that they are bringing in the new product. For example giant boards showing a new phone is released in a month etc.

also I mean as in buying the older version, when they have the physical product of a newer version on their premises/in the warehouse. They should have to tell you.

I think it's only good and ethical business practice to inform prospective customers that there's a new version of a product in the offing. If i bought something from a store only to find an updated model was being released shortly and I hadn't been told about it, I'd feel duped and certainly would not shop there again.
Ideal World aren't the only culprits. QVC also do it. The Amazon Echo and the Bose stuff come to mind.

QVC are shocking when it comes to the iPhone in particular. They were selling the iPhone 7 for more money than a few weeks later they are charging for the iPhone 8. I'd be royally pee'd off if I had bought a 7 from them.

In IW's case with the cook4me, it is hardly surprising they wouldn't let you know they were selling it discounted as a new model was imminent, as they are quite happy to let viewers think a 5 year old ipad model is in fact a current one.

QVC regularly sell superseded stuff without mentioning there is a newer model available. A current example is the Bose QC35 headphones.

I've looked up stuff on Amazon, and they ACTUALLY TELL YOU if there is a newer model available!

Just caught the bald person in black in shorts talking more carp about more fitness carp yuk feel quite sick

Its Vostok watch time again.
Right from the off Mr Simon referred to the EKRANOPLAN watch as the ERAKNAPLAN and continued to do so to the point where even dear old Kev started to call it the ERAKNAPLAN too.
Surely to god he would have corrected his buffoon of a co presenter as to the correct pronunciation of the item he was selling.
Also for some bizzare reason one of the " free gifts " being given with these rare collectable MUST be insured monstrosities was a flint tool which creates a spark for lighting fires etc
valued at £49. I purchased one 3 years ago from a fishing shop for £5.

The two of them then began to entuse about the Ekranoplan ( or Caspian sea monster as it was known ) which was an experimental Russian sea plane designed to skim across the sea.
Kev informed us that it could caryy 1000 men , tanks etc etc and how the Americans were really worried about the effect this could have blah blah blah.

Fact is only one was built and was tested for many years before it crashed and never saw service at all so I doubt it would have been a worry to the Isle of Wight never mind the armed services of the USA.

Interestingly Kev alluded to one of the watches as having parts built " like a russian tank " which makes me wonder if he has read some of my previous posts on here

Mr Simon also informed us that if you are wearing your vostok and walk into a room with people wearing
Rolex, Breitling, Phillip Pant ( think he meant Patek Phillipe ) then the only watch everyone will be talking
about is your Vostok.

For once I have to totally agree with him :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Its Vostok watch time again.
Right from the off Mr Simon referred to the EKRANOPLAN watch as the ERAKNAPLAN and continued to do so to the point where even dear old Kev started to call it the ERAKNAPLAN too.
Surely to god he would have corrected his buffoon of a co presenter as to the correct pronunciation of the item he was selling.
Also for some bizzare reason one of the " free gifts " being given with these rare collectable MUST be insured monstrosities was a flint tool which creates a spark for lighting fires etc
valued at £49. I purchased one 3 years ago from a fishing shop for £5.

The two of them then began to entuse about the Ekranoplan ( or Caspian sea monster as it was known ) which was an experimental Russian sea plane designed to skim across the sea.
Kev informed us that it could caryy 1000 men , tanks etc etc and how the Americans were really worried about the effect this could have blah blah blah.

Fact is only one was built and was tested for many years before it crashed and never saw service at all so I doubt it would have been a worry to the Isle of Wight never mind the armed services of the USA.

Interestingly Kev alluded to one of the watches as having parts built " like a russian tank " which makes me wonder if he has read some of my previous posts on here

Ragman, I was just about to post about Simon's pronunciation of the word "Ekranoplan" as "Eraknoplan" myself. Can this man ever pronounce the name of a product correctly?

As for the free tool that comes with this watch that makes a spark to light a fire, (matches are a much better idea) the other end of it had a hex tool which could be used for removing the buckle from the watch strap. Why would you need this? Kevinski, in future it would be better to include a tool for changing straps instead of the useless tool supplied. Perhaps the ones included were acquired very cheaply?

Mr Simon also informed us that if you are wearing your vostok and walk into a room with people wearing
Rolex, Breitling, Phillip Pant ( think he meant Patek Phillipe ) then the only watch everyone will be talking
about is your Vostok.

For once I have to totally agree with him :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

As in "what is that pillock wearing?" Yeah, he could be right!

Kev also got really excited about the spark making free gift and said " imagine all your friends coming round and you get out the CHIMERA and impress them by lighting it with this "
Once again I totally agree and would pay good money to see Kev lighting a CHIMERA with it as in the CHIMERA of greek mythology whichh breathes its own fire has the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a snake.

Not over bothered about watching him light a CHIMENEA log burner though

Another marvellous phone on sale today. The Alcatel 3C. 720p screen, 1gb of ram and 8 megapixel camera interpolated to 13 megapixel. Peter Simon is enthusing over it. "What a smartphone, never seen anything like it and BRAN new!"

He also said it has face recognition. No it doesn't, idiot! Not to mention how it reads your DNA with the finger print sensor. :mysmilie_17:

This wonderful phone is a mere £99.99. How can you resist?

Another low spec phone that can't be beat! Pah!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back