Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I feel awful for ever having slighted dirty Peter. He is on now with the Dormeo mattresses (though he is flabbergasted by the price and keeps asking them to check it :D) and he has just told the Dormeo guy how he has always wanted a Dormeo mattress but can't afford one...lmao. Taking bullshit to a whole other level.

Well I feel awful for ever having slighted dirty Peter. He is on now with the Dormeo mattresses (though he is flabbergasted by the price and keeps asking them to check it :D) and he has just told the Dormeo guy how he has always wanted a Dormeo mattress but can't afford one...lmao. Taking bullshit to a whole other level.

I am guilt ridden.........shall we have a whip round? :wink:

What a liar.I have seen him rolling around on one of those with creepy Sean on a previous show a while ago.He was saying how he loved HIS Dolmeo .He didn't mean the sauce either.What a total blaggard.

So SHREQUE is shilling a Vax Blade Cordless Vacuum.

No surprises here guys, he says he has one. In fact not one but TWO!

Putting aside that he has seemed to claim to own every single Vacuum cleaner he has ever shilled what would you want TWO Cordless vacs for if they're so convenient and portable?

Is he possibly a liar? :mysmilie_59:

(oh, and it's in 'Meltdown')

It's amazing how everything they sell goes into "meltdown" yet they are constantly on the verge of literally begging you to buy stuff. Shreque coming close up to the camera almost pleading is utterly bizarre.

Made a mental note of the running time of this vac at 35 minutes though. Be interesting to see his reply next time GTECH woman is on and asks him how long the running time is on other handheld vacs. See if he throws out " 8 to 11 minutes again" :)

edit: holy moly some of those Delorean watches are ugly!

Another edit!! This watch hour is gold so far. "AM I right in saying there are only 500 of these watches worldwide?"

"yes" says Mr Guest. However, that doesn't mean we have 500 in the warehouse. We are allocated them in ten's or twenties at most"

Five minutes later Shreque shrieks "we are so busy already, 10 percent of this blue one has gone already!"

Right so, if they have ten or twenty in stock, you have sold 1 or 2? hahaha meltdown my arse!

Last edited:
It's amazing how everything they sell goes into "meltdown" yet they are constantly on the verge of literally begging you to buy stuff. Shreque coming close up to the camera almost pleading is utterly bizarre.

Made a mental note of the running time of this vac at 35 minutes though. Be interesting to see his reply next time GTECH woman is on and asks him how long the running time is on other handheld vacs. See if he throws out " 8 to 11 minutes again" :)

edit: holy moly some of those Delorean watches are ugly!

Another edit!! This watch hour is gold so far. "AM I right in saying there are only 500 of these watches worldwide?"

"yes" says Mr Guest. However, that doesn't mean we have 500 in the warehouse. We are allocated them in ten's or twenties at most"

Five minutes later Shreque shrieks "we are so busy already, 10 percent of this blue one has gone already!"

Right so, if they have ten or twenty in stock, you have sold 1 or 2? hahaha meltdown my arse!

Love it! They don't expect their audience to do any mathmatical calculations. Every time I switch over they are screeching that the stock is flying out and you have to buy NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shreque's desperation and pleading is quite amusing.

Look guys, Gollum needs you to call in now and buy this Charles Taylor garden furniture. It's imperative, as you'll be saving £500!

Except 10 seconds on google shows several retailers selling it for similar prices, and one that is slightly cheaper than Idealworld. People mustn't use google though, as apparently the phone lines are bonkers!!!!

Look guys, Gollum needs you to call in now and buy this Charles Taylor garden furniture. It's imperative, as you'll be saving £500!

Except 10 seconds on google shows several retailers selling it for similar prices, and one that is slightly cheaper than Idealworld. People mustn't use google though, as apparently the phone lines are bonkers!!!!

Retro, I'm devastated, I've missed my chance at this bargain!!!! What am I gonna do now? I'm devastated. I wasn't watching, and even if I was I wouldn't have been quick enough cos "the lines were bonkers". Does Gollum care that I'm upset? Sob sob, sniff sniff... (you may detect a hint of sarcasm/lies/humour/banter in my comments).

Actually I'm in a cafe on a shopping trip where none of the sales people have referred to "guys and gels" or used unfunny innuendos or screeched in my ears...

I've been tuning in to QVC a fair bit lately - I hadn't really watched much of it since the early days, which were for me it's heyday - and the contrast in presenters is staggering.

No screaming at the camera. No coming in close pretending they are talking just to you and begging you to buy. Actually telling you how many units of something they have sold. So much more informative knowing 10,000 of something has sold (if they are being truthful of course) than 10% ...10% of how many eh?

It is just a shame that QVC do still have some bad elements. Their tech expert seems no better than Idealworlds, spouting stuff about Apple, with the insinuation that other products can't do the same tasks. And also implying that older Apple gear is just as good as the newer stuff, despite them no longer being supported with software updates.

I've been tuning in to QVC a fair bit lately - I hadn't really watched much of it since the early days, which were for me it's heyday - and the contrast in presenters is staggering.

No screaming at the camera. No coming in close pretending they are talking just to you and begging you to buy. Actually telling you how many units of something they have sold. So much more informative knowing 10,000 of something has sold (if they are being truthful of course) than 10% ...10% of how many eh?

It is just a shame that QVC do still have some bad elements. Their tech expert seems no better than Idealworlds, spouting stuff about Apple, with the insinuation that other products can't do the same tasks. And also implying that older Apple gear is just as good as the newer stuff, despite them no longer being supported with software updates.

They go on about social media far too much for my liking. It's too ''look what celeb is a qvc fan'' well yes, you did pay them to be....

edit: Ironically I feel IW doesn't go on about it enough. (shows who they know their target audience to be)

That Activeon camera is NOT £20, so stop saying it is you stupid arsehole!!! Dirty Peter at it again quoting a single flexi payment instead of the full cost :/

Hurry up and buy this camera though, as 40% of the stock has gone. Until they inevitably get stock back in, as they seem to keep doing once it has "sold out"

Bearded Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan now doesn't like pictures of himself without the beard; he told the production assistant in charge of displaying the Ideal World webpage to scroll the page down when he saw his beardless picture (so why hasn't he got his picture changed yet). Also 'Kevski' Reynolds said that three people had bought two watches each when talking about a Lamborghini watch, presumably to somehow imply that people were bulk buying them whilst on-air. Naughty :mysmilie_59:

During a break just then, Peter Simon was talking about a Vibrapower machine coming up later and said that it cost £200 but that you can get it home for £20 plus P&P. No mention at all either verbally or on-screen about £20 only being a first payment instalment; that's surely some form of advertising rule breach?

Also he boasted that he's lost weight using a Vibrapower but then went on to say "If you're a fat blob like me you'll love this". Do they think their viewers are terminally stupid?

Pervy Pete crossed a line the other day while demo'ing some kitchen appliance.....he actually did the gesticulation for masturbation! Couldn't quite believe my eyes. I'm no prude, but resorting to that for cheap innuendo on a shopping channel is a step too far.

Just switched on to Rent a Gob presenting Vibrapower,it was nice last week when Rent a Gob Sally was not on for the whole week,unfortunately Mouth Almighty has come back today,wish this terrible woman would disappear from IW permanently,Shaun came on & rent a Gob started cackling -laughing,she sounded like a Witch,wish rent a Gob would watch the other IW female presenters and learn a lesson from them in presenting.

I caught some of her during that hour, and the best bit was saying how she uses a vibrapower at home and at work....that it's a godsend. Thing is, I have seen them shilling it since before Christmas now, and she literally looks exactly the same. I doubt she has shed even a single pound. Amazing tech indeed.

Hope people took Nanty's advice last night during the 10pm show and bought a Bamix as it was definitely going to sell out. Nah just kidding....he must have made an honest mistake, as you could still order them at lunchtime today :)

Latest posts

Back