Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s clear from reading posts from knowledgable people on various Watch Collector websites that today’s Mathey Tissot Watches are just a Selly Telly type brand like Stuhrling and Constantin Weisz are.

It appears they are not remotely like the Mathey Tissot watches of old. Some of their Vintage Timepieces are highly sought after, then again they seem genuinely rare.

Let’s face it, If Mathey Tissot in 2018 were really high end would they be sold on Selly Telly by characters like Kevin Reynolds, Paul Becque, Mike Mason, Shaun Ryan and Peter Simon? That lot are the Turkey Twizzlers of Shopping TV.

Using the name ‘Rolly’ kinda sums it up doesn’t it? :mysmilie_59:

I've felt that this Mathey Tissot brand was something of a phoenix company for some time now. I mean the earlier Rolly watches from them had completely the wrong bezels on them, 24 hour bezels with no 24 hour hand on the watch made no sense whatsoever! What kind of quality watch manufacturer would release a watch with such a glaring error? At least the new release has the correct 60 minute bezel.

Tonight we had another chance to get the penny watch. This watch was previously sold for £34.99, now you can buy a pair of them for a mere £69.99. What a deal!!! According to dear old Kev, the pennies used in these very special pieces are from the days of Britannia. So Britannia was a real person then?

I've felt that this Mathey Tissot brand was something of a phoenix company for some time now. I mean the earlier Rolly watches from them had completely the wrong bezels on them, 24 hour bezels with no 24 hour hand on the watch made no sense whatsoever! What kind of quality watch manufacturer would release a watch with such a glaring error? At least the new release has the correct 60 minute bezel.

Tonight we had another chance to get the penny watch. This watch was previously sold for £34.99, now you can buy a pair of them for a mere £69.99. What a deal!!! According to dear old Kev, the pennies used in these very special pieces are from the days of Britannia. So Britannia was a real person then?

AH!, The Penny Watches. They were typical Bid TV fodder so no surprise they are on Ideal World.

Tonight they have a Fabulift POTD. I see from reading the reviews (link below) that Ideal World have, once again, relegated the multiple pages of bad reviews to the back of the list.

The TV schedule says that Niki McEwan is the guest ‘Expert’. What’s happened to SCHLOCKO? He hasn’t been on for ages.

Has he been canned by TAMMY? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/product-356035

AH!, The Penny Watches. They were typical Bid TV fodder so no surprise they are on Ideal World.

Tonight they have a Fabulift POTD. I see from reading the reviews (link below) that Ideal World have, once again, relegated the multiple pages of bad reviews to the back of the list.

The TV schedule says that Niki McEwan is the guest ‘Expert’. What’s happened to SCHLOCKO? He hasn’t been on for ages.

Has he been canned by TAMMY? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/product-356035

Aaah yes, Schlocko and Tammy, the real dynamic duo. Wonder how they are doing (not)!

Aaah yes, Schlocko and Tammy, the real dynamic duo. Wonder how they are doing (not)!

TAMMY and SCHLOCKO seemed so well suited. And they are both great ambassadors for beauty products, their Potions have clearly worked wonders on them.

Dunno what’s happened to SCHLOCKO though, he’s disappeared :mysmilie_59:

B1AC79C0-ED1E-4E17-9A0D-6A02F1D2DD92.jpgEE674519-AD25-4119-8A81-6C1EB89953B6.jpeg

TAMMY and SCHLOCKO seemed so well suited. And they are both great ambassadors for beauty products, their Potions have clearly worked wonders on them.

Dunno what’s happened to SCHLOCKO though, he’s disappeared :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15635View attachment 15636

Turns out that Sherlock has set up his own online store, which even has a clothing range called 'Mediocre' http://www.petersherlock.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Mediocre

You have to admire his honesty.

He's also the co-owner of a beauty product called Liquilift, which works exactly like Fabulift but is completely unique (apart from the 'lift' part, obviously) http://liquilift.com/

I'm sure we all wish him well:mysmilie_59:

Turns out that Sherlock has set up his own online store, which even has a clothing range called 'Mediocre' http://www.petersherlock.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Mediocre

He's also the co-owner of a beauty product called Liquilift, which works exactly like Fabulift but is completely unique (apart from the 'lift' part, obviously) http://liquilift.com/

Many thanks for the tip. Think I'll give it a miss! The range does have a name honesty by giving the impression it is well, frankly mediocre.
Yes I wish him well too.

The clothing is very Damart or Afibel. I wish him well.

Fabulift and Liquilift were both developed by TAMMY :mysmilie_59:

4067ED77-E261-4A44-9F6A-F34821398396.jpg6CBCA972-C5ED-44AD-BDF9-DBC5DEB4AF2E.jpg

Last Sunday's watch hour at 7pm with Mike 'Gollum' Mason and good old Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds almost turned into a disaster at one point when they were trying to sell some new 'Green Time' watches featuring things like wooden cases and other environmentally-friendly components including what's claimed to be the world's first vegan watch. Very laudable you might think and it's precisely the sort of product Ideal World should be selling as opposed to Rolex knockoffs with wrong bezels and in some cases plastic mechanisms (at least according to one Trust Pilot review), and selling such a supposedly-unique product should be easy without resorting to any form of deception, intended or otherwise. However that doesn't take into account presenter ineptitude as the case with what was to follow...

When describing the eco-credentials of Green Time's vegan watch, Kevski by accident said that it was "vegan-proof" when he meant to say something like "vegan-friendly" instead, which was hilarious on its own but Gollum then started digging a bigger trench by adding "a lot of people throwing down their celery right now". And if that wasn't bad enough, Kevski not long afterwards compounded the sin by saying "...if you know somebody that's vegetarian, vegan, funny like that, you can't go wrong", which Gollum picked up on and Kevski then had to say he didn't mean that, followed by "Sorry about that, I hope". It's a wonder they managed to sell any "vegan-proof" watches at all after that performance :mysmilie_59:

Revisit the cringeworthy horror starting from 13:25 in this video: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/collectable-timepieces--2710424?channel=IW

Reading messages has become a bit of a chore (not because of the content, the content is great) because for some reason it is being bunched together on the right hand of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Reading messages has become a bit of a chore (not because of the content, the content is great) because for some reason it is being bunched together on the right hand of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Only on the post from Price Plunge.

Watching Simon and the exceedingly smug looking Tom Frake on the Jacques Lemans watch hour this evening, I just wonder how these buggers get away with what they say!

They start off by saying that the watches are made in Switzerland and Austria. Every watch I've seen in the first 40 minutes, has either a Seiko or Miyota movement. How long has Japan been a Swiss canton?

Then a watch comes onto the screen with a price of £99.99. Simon looks shocked, "shouldn't this watch be £199? he asks. The price is taken off the screen while the price is checked. The same price reappears onto the screen PS looks shocked and open mouthed. How many more times can he pull this old trick? He is so transparent. He must think that we are all ne viewers.

And I do wish Frake the watch expert would stop using the words water resistancy. The word is resistance.

Watching Simon and the exceedingly smug looking Tom Frake on the Jacques Lemans watch hour this evening, I just wonder how these buggers get away with what they say!

They start off by saying that the watches are made in Switzerland and Austria. Every watch I've seen in the first 40 minutes, has either a Seiko or Miyota movement. How long has Japan been a Swiss canton?

Then a watch comes onto the screen with a price of £99.99. Simon looks shocked, "shouldn't this watch be £199? he asks. The price is taken off the screen while the price is checked. The same price reappears onto the screen PS looks shocked and open mouthed. How many more times can he pull this old trick? He is so transparent. He must think that we are all ne viewers.

And I do wish Frake the watch expert would stop using the words water resistancy. The word is resistance.

I know practically nothing about watches but I assume they prey on their customers also knowing very little, but making them feel like an expert just by buying/wasting money on them.

Only on the post from Price Plunge.
I noticed this at the time and re-checked the message to see if there was any obvious problem but couldn't see anything. However the same message appears normal in the Topic Review so it might be related to advertisement placing or something similar.

Oh, not the old "wrong price" routine... Haven't seen that for a while.

Have a Dormeo hour playing in the background (on mute) but I wonder why they have turned the lights down and put a lamp on, going for this ''late at night'' type of feel.

I don't see how simulating night time is genuinely relevant when selling a mattress.

Having IW on mute though is amusing in that you can tell what most of the hosts are saying purely from facial expressions and hand movements (especially Mike Mason, doing his ''why do you need a phone mike? i'll tell you why'' routine)

I caught a bit of one of the Dormeo shows. Lovely bit when they had just been banging on about how it helps you get a good nights sleep.....how a bad mattress can give you troublesome sleep and then you are grumpy, groggy, the day after.

The Dormeo rep chimes in with "I'm terribly grumpy when I don't get a good nights sleep"

Whoah there fella, you have just been telling us you get a good nights sleep with this mattress. If you get sleepless nights and are grumpy, then the mattress isn't working, so why should we buy one sonny Jim???

Watched shaun prattling on about a mistake in the computer on the phone hour with the hoover heater kinkade phone expert p volovent showing use the suitcase packed with things we dont need if you buy this phone dear god give it a rest man next we wont have to pack our clothes next anyway if you got the phone you only paid a pound postage and there were huge spikes when he said this and he was not kidding again but of course it would be fixed after the show you have to laugh.

Latest posts

Back