Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I liked Dirty Peters little slip up the other day on the Shadazzle segment. Demo guy hands him a regular household cleaner so that DP can try and clean up some stuff. The bottle has been taped up to obscure the make of it. Peter says "Oh yeah, this is the one we buy at home"

But Peter....why are you still buying those regular cleaners when for months you have been telling us that Blue Magic and Shaddazle makes all other cleaners redundant?

And how many shows as he said "this is the last chance to buy this" - I've seen at least two other lives shows since.

with shadazzle their demo guy (don't know his name but he has been demo'ing crap for years) claimed that a coin he went onto clean (half of) had been left since 1994 for this very demo.

what a load of bollocks. I might aswell just say that something hasn't been cleaned since 1972.... there is no way of proving or disproving it. How can he get away with such bullshit.

To be honest, it's the same with his blow torched food demo. It is all well and good blowtorching a mix of foods and leaving it for 15 minutes - but what makes it so difficult to remove is when it goes through several heat cycles.

And the delusional trophy for today goes to shouty toy/drone bloke. This drone is a racing drone so can be entered into drone racing competitions :mysmilie_17:

Good luck entering a £40 drone into a racing competition. Especially trying to navigate a drone circuit with that camera lag and jitteriness.

He did the bit he does with the bigger drone....talks up stability features and how it will hover on the spot if you take your hands off the controls. Takes his hands off to demonstrate, and off wanders the drone :mysmilie_14:]

Hot (literally) on the heels of the Fischer radiators are tonight's return of the original ripoff radiators. Gollum claiming that these radiators can automatically switch off unlike, say, your normal heating system which can probably can do the same thing? Check. The return of Peter Volauvent with his temperature probes, complete with Gollum gasping for perhaps the hundredth time at the temperature still going up when the heater's unplugged? Check. Giving away a "free throw" despite the heater allegedly keeping the room at an optimum temperature? Check.

Hot on the heels of the weird account blocked shenanigans, over the weekend my pc went crazy with virus warnings when this site was open. Kept getting a red screen and some digital woman's voice telling me I needed to phone microsofts helpline. Dodgy as you fancy.

This was in my main PC that I have protected by mal ware bytes and microsofts own virus software and using Microsoft edge. Had to risk signing in on my tablet via chrome.

Have done full scans of my pc and nothing was found. It was so odd. I usually have several tabs open when my pc is just sitting there, and this site just randomly went bonkers with that whole thing. Anybody else?

Hot on the heels of the weird account blocked shenanigans, over the weekend my pc went crazy with virus warnings when this site was open. Kept getting a red screen and some digital woman's voice telling me I needed to phone microsofts helpline. Dodgy as you fancy.

This was in my main PC that I have protected by mal ware bytes and microsofts own virus software and using Microsoft edge. Had to risk signing in on my tablet via chrome.

Have done full scans of my pc and nothing was found. It was so odd. I usually have several tabs open when my pc is just sitting there, and this site just randomly went bonkers with that whole thing. Anybody else?

I haven't had that problem here, but it could be from another site that is open, and running some dodgy message. That's probably why you anti virus didn't show anything! Best to be on the safe side tho! I find Microsoft Edge full of that type of stuff, and only use Chrome. Thanks for the tip. :mysmilie_59:

I've probably said it a few times. The radiators are a personal favourite of mine... it is usually the best and worst of selly telly all wrapped into one item.

The hyperbole, the attempts at predicting the future, using hokey items to prove nonsense and the flat out bullshit.

Good morning everyone. I did a similar thread on the bid tv forum and seeing as this channel this clearly morphing into that entity, I felt it may be appropriate to continue in the same vein.

I wonder who looked at bid TV's business model, saw it piss money up the wall and decided ''that will work on ideal world''

I don't expect this thread to be anywhere near as successful as the bid thread but no harm in jotting down your observations upon watching this assumed decline in quality shopping tv.

You know what Mr Tom, I think I/W missed a trick here. Simply it's this, not only do they heat a room in no time at all without hardly using any juice, but when turned off in the summer months and being cool, or cold, could actually reduce the hot indoor temps. Shame on them for missing this!! :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

You know what Mr Tom, I think I/W missed a trick here. Simply it's this, not only do they heat a room in no time at all without hardly using any juice, but when turned off in the summer months and being cool, or cold, could actually reduce the hot indoor temps. Shame on them for missing this!! :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

it's like they don't want to make money Mr Dave.

That problem can be caused by what I consider to be "rogue advertisements"; if you ever get it again, try accessing the same site using a browser plug-in like Privacy Badger or Ghostery (you may need to use a different browser like Firefox in order to do this). Much as I appreciate websites relying on ads for funding, it's a minority of misbehaving "bad ads" that force people into using ad blockers just so that they can use their computers/tablets/phones without intrusive interruptions.

Hmmmmm, appreciate the replies re my weird virus thing.

I've been using Microsoft Edge, primarily because I also use it on my surface pro 4 as it really is easier on the battery than other browsers. So decided to use it on my laptop as well just to keep things synced up. Trouble is that it does allow an awful lot of ads, especially here.

I'm a Firefox user usually so will switch back to that as I'm happy my machine is clean of anything dodgy. I'm lost if I can't come here to complain on a regular basis ��

funny how the expert for ''blue magic'' is also the expert for shadazzle.

sounds to me like he just goes around doing misleading demonstrations for whoever pays him and puts his face on tv.

Most misleading sales pitch of the day.......the ceramic heater guy. Not the official rep, but the Irish fella who does several demos. "This has been independently tested to be efficient"

Probably one of the most useless claims ever made on the channel. ALL electric heaters are efficient in terms of converting electricity into heat. The question is, how must does it cost compared to gas.

Those ceramic heaters don't really do anything better than a cheap electric blower. And I love how they almost seem to claim it is like magic. Ceramic slowly releases the heat from inside where the heating elements are. Nothing amazing about it.

And I think I have said this before, but that whole thing of "why heat your whole house with central heating when you are only using one room?"

Well, turn off the radiators in rooms you aren't using? For whatever benefits they claim it might have, you need to save the £300 on your bill before it would start paying for itself. Continuing to treat viewers like morons!

yay.... radiators with peter simon and peter vol au vent

I wonder if they tailor the products around the availability of the presenters/guests/peter vol au vent and Genevieve

Peter Simon fans will enjoy tonight's STK smartphone hour, and apparently this smartphone is amongst the best that Janice has ever used despite it only having 3G connectivity; a fact I think they didn't mention on-air until most of them had sold :mysmilie_59:

They also did a Facebook Live session, streaming over the studio Wi-fi (because let's face it 3G wouldn't have been good enough), and someone called Andy said that he liked Chef Joe's sausages (or words to that effect) - is Andy a member of this forum? Also it was someone called Lee's birthday yesterday...

Hi again everyone.

Let me tell you something. This Kinkade hour with the appalling Nanty and Pee Pee Schaffer is something else.

Just give it a gander, excruciating :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back